America’s “failure in testing”

Lets face it....Testing has ALWAYS been a problem for decades and Trump fixed it! Same with ventilators!

When a pandemic pops up in the future...everybody is going to ask...WHAT DID TRUMP DO?

The man rewrote the pandemic playbook in a month & did it under pressure!

Thank God we have him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You actually think the President controls all that happens in the US?
Seriously?
Trump gets no credit for the responsibilities of Federal Agencies.
They are doing their due diligence and they get the credit.

President Trump went to the PRIVATE SECTOR to fix the problems!

Ford and GM making ventilators...3M and MyPillow making masks (especially after obama used all the masks in the national stock pile & didn't replace them).

Trump knew damn well this wouldn't be over by Easter...but if he could keep us quarantined until Easter it would save hundreds of thousands of lives.

Getting competitors like wallmart & wallgreens to cooperate in a mass testing venture & donate a portion of their parking lots to do it.

Screw the gov't agencies...they are worthless!
The FDA is not useless.
There are many enforcement agencies that put neo-Con MNCs in their place.
We cannot allow either extreme to rule the day.

I believe America's "testing failure" is dramatically overblown. America has run 4.32 million. The next closest country is Germany at 2.07 million. Italy is next at 1.51 million. Now let's take a look at testing in terms of percentage of the population:

United States: 1.30%

Germany: 2.45%
South Korea: 1.13%
Canada: 1.51%
United Kingdom: 0.82%
France: 0.71%
Netherlands: 1.00%
Belgium: 1.48%
Sweden: 0.94%
Finland: 1.24%
Norway: 2.74%
Singapore: 1.62%
Italy: 2.50%
Spain: 1.99%

America falls somewhere in the middle among this group of countries, which is an accomplishment considering how many people there are and how physically large the country is. Germany, as an example, is smaller than the state of Montana. It is much easier to test people in a country as dense. I’ve heard people saying the lack of testing is an indictment on our healthcare system, and that narrative is just false.
No it’s an indictment of our President.

I don’t know how you can make that case either. I’ve been critical of him for other reasons, but we’re not doing a bad job relative to the rest of the world in terms of testing, and what specifically do you think he’s doing wrong in your perception that we are lagging in tests?

On 3/10, he said anyone who needed a test could get one. It was a lie. Or do you dispute that as well

I get it that he over promised and under delivered, but still in the grand scheme we’re doing a good job with testing. Is there room for better? Sure, but it’s not the abysmal failure some are making it out to be.

I believe America's "testing failure" is dramatically overblown. America has run 4.32 million. The next closest country is Germany at 2.07 million. Italy is next at 1.51 million. Now let's take a look at testing in terms of percentage of the population:

America falls somewhere in the middle among this group of countries, which is an accomplishment considering how many people there are and how physically large the country is. Germany, as an example, is smaller than the state of Montana. It is much easier to test people in a country as dense. I’ve heard people saying the lack of testing is an indictment on our healthcare system, and that narrative is just false.

I don’t know how you can make that case either. I’ve been critical of him for other reasons, but we’re not doing a bad job relative to the rest of the world in terms of testing, and what specifically do you think he’s doing wrong in your perception that we are lagging in tests?

On 3/10, he said anyone who needed a test could get one. It was a lie. Or do you dispute that as well
Define "needed a test".
Trump was correct.
If you had a fever and answered the proper questions you could get a test.
Learn to parse a sentence.

Has Trump used the full force of the Defense Production Act yet?

You still have to process the tests genius. It’s not like a ventilator where it’s made & that’s it. Trump said something tonight that makes all the sense in the world & outlines the scope. We could test everyone (360,000,000 people), but lot would test false positive or false negative. A lot would test negative now & then positive later. How many times do you want people tested? What’s the turnaround? He’s rightfully pushing testing down to the states because that’s how our federal system works. That’s what makes sense. You look for hotspots & attack those.

The idea that no solution exists, is the strength of trump, and you apparently. I don't know any other way to respond to trump's ignorance or his malicious actions. I really wonder how many continue to believe what trump says, he is all about himself, has no background on communicable diseases and his flips and flops do nothing but fester chaos.

You still have to process the tests genius. It’s not like a ventilator where it’s made & that’s it. Trump said something tonight that makes all the sense in the world & outlines the scope. We could test everyone (360,000,000 people), but lot would test false positive or false negative. A lot would test negative now & then positive later. How many times do you want people tested? What’s the turnaround? He’s rightfully pushing testing down to the states because that’s how our federal system works. That’s what makes sense. You look for hotspots & attack those.

The idea that no solution exists, is the strength of trump, and you apparently. I don't know any other way to respond to trump's ignorance or his malicious actions. I really wonder how many continue to believe what trump says, he is all about himself, has no background on communicable diseases and his flips and flops do nothing but fester chaos.
I suggest you call you primary physician to discover that your MD has as much knowledge of this virus as Trump.

I get it that he over promised and under delivered, but still in the grand scheme we’re doing a good job with testing. Is there room for better? Sure, but it’s not the abysmal failure some are making it out to be.

Who are the some (making it an abysmal failure). Those on the front line (doctors, nurses, orderlies, police and fire)? I think those and many others know more than Donald Trump.

Who are the some (making it an abysmal failure). Those on the front line (doctors, nurses, orderlies, police and fire)? I think those and many others know more than Donald Trump.
They don’t.
I wish they did.

The failure was in the beginning, when the beginning took way too long. It's too late to fix that.

Trumps knowledge, or lack there of in your opinion is irrelevant. The fact is no country has tested more people than us and per capita we’re not doing such as bad job as one would think considering the criticism

The failure was in the beginning, when the beginning took way too long. It's too late to fix that.

You know what though, it’s kind of difficult to pin that on one individual when it’s a collective response. Sometimes people forget Trump is not king. Our experts were late at alerting the country as well, but rarely do we he them being criticized.

You know what though, it’s kind of difficult to pin that on one individual when it’s a collective response. Sometimes people forget Trump is not king. Our experts were late at alerting the country as well, but rarely do we he them being criticized.

Actually I didn't mention Rump, I just said the failure was not getting testing online.

As far as experts alerting, they were warning the White House since at least early January. Conclude what you will from that.

The FDA is not useless.
There are many enforcement agencies that put neo-Con MNCs in their place.
We cannot allow either extreme to rule the day.

And who do you thunk got the FDA to review & approve the Roche rapid test in DAYS?

It normally takes the FDA YEARS to accomplish that...but we didn't have years.

Ahh, rationalization.

Anyway that “under delivery” (aka bald faced lie) was 3 days before his DHS stayed that all Americans flying home had to come through 13 airports. None of these people who were exposed to international travelers at De Gaulle, Heathrow, Gatwick, Etc...were tested. They were screened after standing in the airport with fellow travelers for hours. But not tested.
Not surprisingly several airport workers at these locations have contracted the virus and some have died.

I do not feel that one can seriously argue that testing on these returning Americans was not needed.

The logistics of the Testing would have been problematic but so was the impounding of travelers in close quarters at the same time the blob’s CDC was preaching social distancing.

There is really little reason for most people to get a test for the Wuhan Virus. I haven't seen any doctor since before the Virus Panic started, and I would have to be pretty sick to see anyone, although I have an appointment with my Pecker Checker next month. We'll see if they want to postpone that.

1.3% sounds about normal, are there many people who have symptoms that are recommended for the test but can't get it? I would think that you'd have to be pretty sick to want to get it. After all, it does resolve of its own accord usually, and there are really limited option for specific therapy.

The big misconception is a belief that testing is some sort of cure or preventative measure. For testing to be a preventitive
measure, the Country would need to test every person...every day. (Because they don't have it today doesn't mean they can't catch
it tomorrow.

In normal times, I would agree with you but these are not normal times. We are in the middle of nationwide epidemic, a national emergency. The federal government has unlimited financial resources. The states do not. States do not have a CDC , a FEMA, FDA, or anything even close. For example, most states have between zero to four epidemiologist. The CDC has nearly 3,000. Essentially the federal government has everything needed to fight a nationwide epidemic and states do not.

Trump is having a political battle with the states over responsibility at a time when thousands of lives are a stake.

We are getting political bullshit from the president when we should be getting leadership. The country is facing what will likely turn out to be the greatest threat since WWII. Donald Trump could mobile American industry to produce hundreds of millions of N95 masks that could protect every American and the threat would vanish in a few of months. He could have enough test to supply every state but he prefers to play the not my responsibility game. In WWII, FDR met with leaders in industry and said, there will be no autos produced, no appliance, no new rubber produces, no radios, etc We will produce guns, tanks, planes, artillery, and whatever our troops need, starting today and we work 7 days 24 hours a day.

In normal times, I would agree with you but these are not normal times. We are in the middle of nationwide epidemic, a national emergency. The federal government has unlimited financial resources. The states do not. States do not have a CDC , a FEMA, FDA, or anything even close. For example, most states have between zero to four epidemiologist. The CDC has nearly 3,000. Essentially the federal government has everything needed to fight a nationwide epidemic and states do not.

Trump is having a political battle with the states over responsibility at a time when thousands of lives are a stake.

We are getting political bullshit from the president when we should be getting leadership. The country is facing what will likely turn out to be the greatest threat since WWII. Donald Trump could mobile American industry to produce hundreds of millions of N95 masks that could protect every American and the threat would vanish in a few of months. He could have enough test to supply every state but he prefers to play the not my responsibility game. In WWII, FDR met with leaders in industry and said, there will be no autos produced, no appliance, no new rubber produces, no radios, etc We will produce guns, tanks, planes, artillery, and whatever our troops need, starting today and we work 7 days 24 hours a day.

Trump is not a leader, he is so self centered he cannot do what real leaders do, especially in a real crisis.

You are just too slow...
It is all to do with timing....

What were those number three weeks ago when the virus was growing at 30%+ daily...

Sorry testing now is good but it doesn't cover up the failure... You are just too slow...

You aren't proposing a solution, you are proposing a democrat talking point. Now, answer my questions. How many times do you want people tested? What happens when false positives come out? Or false negatives for that matter? Testing isn't a one & done. I'm not saying don't test at all, but do it smartly. Control outbreaks & manage the virus.

You are just too slow...
It is all to do with timing....

What were those number three weeks ago when the virus was growing at 30%+ daily...

Sorry testing now is good but it doesn't cover up the failure... You are just too slow...

i thought it was we’re lagging behind. Now it’s we were slow. You see how the goalposts shift, not even taking in consideration that it’s much harder to adequately test everyone in such a physically large country.

Forum List

Back