Analysis: Rigging of voters’ minds on 2024 election has already begun

That's too bad. I've worked in pro audio, designed music systems for concert halls, designed call systems for hospitals, I have ties to the music industry, and have had a huge audio and video editing system at home most of my life. I make some of my own pro-quality stereo equipment. I still have a professional, portable Ampex field tape deck capable of making 2 track recordings good enough to make a metal master from, and even a Sony ES cassette recorder (worth about $1300 today adjusted for inflation) that can make a cassette recording that you would be VERY hard pressed to tell from the original CD (except maybe if you listened very closely at high volume for a tiny bit of tape hiss in very quiet moments).

Actually I design tube amps. A friend and I have advanced the state of the art of music playback developing new technology to bring one closer to the original live music. I have a custom built tube preamp, modified stereo tube power amp, twin mono chassis tubed power amps, a pair of modified solid state mono chassis power amps, and a Class H solid state power amp that all collectively together power my 3,000 watt music system along with many other pieces of gear (crossovers, etc), into a 5 cabinet 5-way speaker system. Here's an old picture of a small part of it:

View attachment 987305

Takes 17 steps just to turn it on. You'd think you died and went to heaven. Better than live. Knock you right off the back of the chair that you'd think your heart stopped with flat frequency response down to 12 cycles. :SMILEW~130:
Very cool! I don't even have a turn table, after giving to to my brother to troubleshoot and repair. I do next to nothing with video. My main audio system is Yamaha HTR-5540, hooked to a couple of JVC SP-555 speakers and is more than I can handle inside the house. I like a reasonably good sounding system, but professional quality sound is beyond my appreaciation, at this point. 20 years of combat arms with all the tanks, mortars, demolition, crew serve machine gun, small arms fire and ranges run, true quality sound would be wasted on my ears. I haven't been able to tell the difference between digital sound and analog, since sometime in the 90s. Enjoy.

Very cool! I don't even have a turn table, after giving to to my brother to troubleshoot and repair. I do next to nothing with video. My main audio system is Yamaha HTR-5540, hooked to a couple of JVC SP-555 speakers and is more than I can handle inside the house. I like a reasonably good sounding system, but professional quality sound is beyond my appreaciation, at this point. 20 years of combat arms with all the tanks, mortars, demolition, crew serve machine gun, small arms fire and ranges run, true quality sound would be wasted on my ears. I haven't been able to tell the difference between digital sound and analog, since sometime in the 90s. Enjoy.
Too many screaming Jimmy engines will have the same effect.

Very cool! I don't even have a turn table, after giving to to my brother to troubleshoot and repair.
Too bad. I have four turntables. Here is one of the more cool ones where the tone arm doesn't move and the record is actually brought to the needle.

image.php.jpeg

Though I have cassette, Reel-to-reel, tuners (radio), and digital PCM, I generally only hook up a table and one of my CD players as SOURCES to my main stereo. You'd love the CD player, it uses solid copper frame and beam construction with separate power supplies for the analog and digital sections.

I like a reasonably good sounding system,
Oh dude, if only you knew. In the vernacular, that is what we call mid-fi.

but professional quality sound is beyond my appreaciation, at this point.
I get it, you have hearing loses from loud sounds over the years, but believe me, you would still hear the difference in my system in an instant, partly because you would FEEL the difference, in my system, you can cut the music in the air with a knife, you can feel it pounding you in the chest, going right through your body.

And it plays up to 135 dB without clipping.

If you could hear the difference between seeing Led Zeppelin in concert LIVE in the 6th row center from your home stereo, you would hear this.

Toodles.

Too bad. I have four turntables. Here is one of the more cool ones where the tone arm doesn't move and the record is actually brought to the needle.

View attachment 987348

Though I have cassette, Reel-to-reel, tuners (radio), and digital PCM, I generally only hook up a table and one of my CD players as SOURCES to my main stereo. You'd love the CD player, it uses solid copper frame and beam construction with separate power supplies for the analog and digital sections.

Oh dude, if only you knew. In the vernacular, that is what we call mid-fi.

I get it, you have hearing loses from loud sounds over the years, but believe me, you would still hear the difference in my system in an instant, partly because you would FEEL the difference, in my system, you can cut the music in the air with a knife, you can feel it pounding you in the chest, going right through your body.

And it plays up to 135 dB without clipping.

If you could hear the difference between seeing Led Zeppelin in concert LIVE in the 6th row center from your home stereo, you would hear this.

Toodles.
True, but a high end system would be a waste, in my case. For me, it is a hearing thing, though turned up a little I do not notice. PJ would be happy with the TV speakers, and she has never been around loud noise level except the occasional night time Tank live fire, never near the linem but in or behind the tower, and always with ear plugs and ear phones.
I expect we will enjoy Joe Bonamassa at the Ryman next month.

True, but a high end system would be a waste, in my case.

Yeah, it might be a waste to own, especially as the kinds of systems I'm talking about aren't commercially made anymore (everyone has gone to home threater, that is where the money is now) and used, they would still run you in the $200,000 range and HIGHER just to touch unless you could make one as I have which goes even farther, but it wouldn't hurt you if you could visit a friend and just drop in and hear it for FREE. :SMILEW~130:

Actually, it probably costs me about $85/hour to play my system, so you'd have to at least buy me a pizza. :smoke:

Without going into too much detail and giving away secrets or boring the snot out of you, here's a little chart that in part shows some of the basic differences between what I do and a regular stereo.

Normally, you have a SOURCE (like a CD player) going into a RECEIVER or integrated amp (like your Yamaha), then all the music goes out on a pair of speaker cables to a pair of speakers that divides the sound up there reactively to each driver in the speakers.

Screen Shot 2024-07-31 at 12.06.51 AM.png

One of the basic (schematical) differences I do, is as soon as the music goes through the preamp, it then goes through an electronic DIVIDING NETWORK (green boxes) which seperates the sounds according to frequency, then each frequency band goes to a separate power amp optimized just for that band, then the amplified music each goes to separate drivers using separate cables. Big difference.

Screen Shot 2024-07-31 at 12.11.00 AM.png

Of course, the amplifiers themselves and other parts have unique designs, custom technology and advanced circuitry to keep the music much closer to live than is found in consumer gear. It is a real delight.

Forum List

Back