Analyzing A Practical Minimum Wage

. It is only a matter of time before every job out there is a min wage job, and we are all on welfare.

100% stupid and illiterate as to basic economics. Wages are super high now making us rich compared to 100 years ago. The pure beauty of capitalism is that it forces business to produce the best products and provide the best jobs or go bankrupt.

Do you understand?

No, I dont understand, because you are talking utter nonsense. Wages are super high? When I got my first job, I was paid enough to get more than 4 gallons of gasoline, to get me to and from that job, for every hour worked. That same job today pays less than two gallons now. The min wage today is 26% less today than it was in 1974. If you factor for productivity, 90% of American workers today make less than the min wage standard of 1950.

too stupid of course by 1000% !! In 1950 a family was lucky to have one car. Today there are more cars than drivers plus most people fly regularly, use the internet and have 2 big screen color TVs and live in a house twice the size of a 1950's house!

Last edited:
And the answer is easy. You should pay them. Why do you keep asking? Do you want to stay on the government teat?

Make me pay them.

Eh? Are you 'into' that sort of thing?

Listen, you keep bringing up the socialized labor force argument, but you don't want to do anything about it. Instead, you're preoccupied with price and wage controls.

I am not going to pay my own workers more while other employers are exploiting socialized labor. You want me to pay a living wage? Make me. That's the only way I am going to do it, so that I know my competitors are doing the same, and so I know that I will see some market liquidity to support the wage boost.
Wow. Textbook sociopath.

I thought I made it clear, but I'll say it again. I don't give a shit what you pay your hypothetical employees. You're the one who thinks it's a moral issue. Yet you refuse to follow your own morals unless someone "makes" you. That some sick shit.

. But a higher wage for workers means more customers,

too stupid! and 100% liberal. Its called the law of supply and demand. As price go up( in this case price of labor) demand goes down. This is why they sell fewer Rolls Royces than Chevys.

Do you understand this basic concept??

Supply and demand?

Market liquidity.

dear you wrote market liquidity but clean forgot to say why? Nobody needs to listen to an idiot who didn't take Econ 101. reinvent the wheel

Well I am not a liberal for one thing. But a higher wage for workers means more customers, spending more money at my businesses. So I don't have to raise prices. In fact, I would probably lower my prices in order to draw a larger portion of that crowd that suddenly has a few extra bucks to spend.
So your profit margin is so wide now that you could absorb a massive payroll hike, yet you refuse to share the wealth? LOL.

That would really depend on what business we were talking about specifically. Some are running closer to the red than others. But I have enough credit to run in the red for a while to see the ROI if there were a universal wage hike. I am not going to run in the red though for no reason, if I am not going to see more sales in the long run.

Wow. Textbook sociopath.

I thought I made it clear, but I'll say it again. I don't give a shit what you pay your hypothetical employees. You're the one who thinks it's a moral issue. Yet you refuse to follow your own morals unless someone "makes" you. That some sick shit.

I never said it was a moral issue. I am not supporting a wage hike out of some altruistic hippie fest notion of fairness. I support a drastic wage hike because I need more customers, spending more money. My profits are down because fewer and fewer people can afford to go out to the movies, go out for a weekend drive, go out to dinner.

too stupid! and 100% liberal. Its called the law of supply and demand. As price go up( in this case price of labor) demand goes down. This is why they sell fewer Rolls Royces than Chevys.

Supply and demand?

Market liquidity.

dear you wrote market liquidity but clean forgot to say why? Nobody needs to listen to an idiot who didn't take Econ 101. reinvent the wheel

If you don't understand market liquidity, and how that might pertain to supply and demand, then don't preach to me about econ 101.

Wow. Textbook sociopath.

I never said it was a moral issue. I am not supporting a wage hike out of some altruistic hippie fest notion of fairness. I support a drastic wage hike because I need more customers, spending more money. My profits are down because fewer and fewer people can afford to go out to the movies, go out for a weekend drive, go out to dinner.
The only claim you've made here that I believe is that you're not a liberal. That much is true. You're a straight up fascist.

Supply and demand?

Market liquidity.

If you don't understand market liquidity, and how that might pertain to supply and demand, then don't preach to me about econ 101.

please explain

Wow. Textbook sociopath.

The only claim you've made here that I believe is that you're not a liberal. That much is true. You're a straight up fascist.

Fascist because I want to institute policies that strengthen capitalism? Because I want to turn a profit without socialized labor?

Supply and demand?

Market liquidity.

dear the subject isn't how market liquidity pertains to the law of supply and demand but rather the essential nature of economic growth.

FYI economic growth comes from new inventions. Thats how we got from the stone age to here. Welcome to day one class one minute one of your first economics class.

Fascist because I want to institute policies that strengthen capitalism?

dear we don't need an illiterate to strengthen capitallism. China just did it and eliminated 40% of world poverty! Do you understand?

China does not have a minimum wage; often they make 10% of our minimum yet they are growing at 10% a year! What does that teach you?

90% of American workers today make less than the min wage standard of 1950.

incredibly stupid!! Today 90% of Americans have $125/month for a smart phone toy that was no where near invented in 1950.

Which has nothing to do with anything.

except our standard of living is 5 times higher that it was in 1950! The more capitalism we have the higher our standard of living is.

Do you understand now?

dear the subject isn't how market liquidity pertains to the law of supply and demand but rather the essential nature of economic growth.

FYI economic growth comes from new inventions. Thats how we got from the stone age to here. Welcome to day one class one minute one of your first economics class.

False. There is nothing new under the Sun. It is not going to take some new invention to keep my businesses profitable. New inventions actually kill established business, and take money out of the pockets of workers. Taking money out of the pockets of workers seized the economy. It doesn't create liquidity and vitality.

th

90% of American workers today make less than the min wage standard of 1950.

incredibly stupid!! Today 90% of Americans have $125/month for a smart phone toy that was no where near invented in 1950.

Which has nothing to do with anything.

except our standard of living is 5 times higher that it was in 1950! The more capitalism we have the higher our standard of living is.

Do you understand now?

Except our standard of living is not higher than it was in 1950.

1622257_558398544255686_882763908_n.jpg

Forum List

Back