Analyzing A Practical Minimum Wage

Nonsense. We're not limited to your shitty choices. You don't really understand how relative value works in a free market, do you? It's decides by the market, not government. laws dictating wages and prices can only disrupt things for awhile. They won't change how much we value the jobs that people do. Again, the fact that you don't get this very basic reality of economics, makes your claims of being a business person dubious at best.

Has nothing to do with "shitty choices." Pretty soon EVERYONE will be on welfare AND working 80 hours a week. You are failing to see the moving of the goalposts.

The American way is you work to pay your own bills.

Exactly. So why would you argue in favor of socialized labor for private business? This isn't about handouts, this is about an honest day's wage so that people are not FORCED to get foodstamps to put food in the table, even though they get up and go to work every day, just like everyone else.

And if you think that more than doubling labor costs for businesses that rely on low skill workers won't increase prices then you're even more of an idiot than I thought

You don't understand the most very basic concepts like market liquidity, and you call me an idiot. :eusa_hand:

All historical data proves just the opposite of you what you are saying for one thing. The value of a product has NEVER been determined by labor cost.

Applebees.jpg
Moron doesn't know what a "tip" is.

Nonsense. We're not limited to your shitty choices. You don't really understand how relative value works in a free market, do you? It's decides by the market, not government. laws dictating wages and prices can only disrupt things for awhile. They won't change how much we value the jobs that people do. Again, the fact that you don't get this very basic reality of economics, makes your claims of being a business person dubious at best.

Has nothing to do with "shitty choices." Pretty soon EVERYONE will be on welfare AND working 80 hours a week. You are failing to see the moving of the goalposts.
Dumb ass ^ thinks smart people will be willing to work 80hrs for shitty pay.

An honest day's wage is not a handout. Using welfare labor to pad my profits, that's a handout.
But you want to decide what's honest. With other people's money. Nothing honest about that.

Honest is a living wage. All money is "other people's money." The question is should I pay my own labor expenses, or should you pay them for me?

And the answer is easy. You should pay them. Why do you keep asking? Do you want to stay on the government teat?

The American way is you work to pay your own bills.

Exactly. So why would you argue in favor of socialized labor for private business? This isn't about handouts, this is about an honest day's wage so that people are not FORCED to get foodstamps to put food in the table, even though they get up and go to work every day, just like everyone else.

And if you think that more than doubling labor costs for businesses that rely on low skill workers won't increase prices then you're even more of an idiot than I thought

You don't understand the most very basic concepts like market liquidity, and you call me an idiot. :eusa_hand:

All historical data proves just the opposite of you what you are saying for one thing. The value of a product has NEVER been determined by labor cost.

Applebees.jpg
Do you know what tipped wages are?

It's the base PLUS tips

And now you prove to be an even bigger bigger idiot than I thought

IDIOT to the Nth power

Says you.

You get paid for the skill your job requires. Stuffing burgers in a bag takes no skill so your pay reflects that.

If you want higher pay then make yourself more valuable.

First, even a job with minimal skill should pay a person enough to stay off of welfare. There is no reason why I should be subsidizing the labor costs of a private company.

Second, "stuffing burgers" as you call it, does actually take skill. Fast food is the new American manufacturing. It is a hot, dirty, hectic, stressful environment requiring skills in customer service, cash control, technical equipment, and knowledge of health regulations.

Third, there are many people with a college education meant to make themselves more valuable, who are stuck working as a cashier at ChinaMart.
Any teenager off the street can put stuff in a bag.

Believe me it takes ZERO skill. All you have to do in fast food is hustle a little bit. It is a low skill low wage job always has been always will be.

You see wage scales are a ladder not a bed. You're supposed to get better and work up. If you're over 18 and still making minimum wage you just aren't trying very hard.

Says you.

You get paid for the skill your job requires. Stuffing burgers in a bag takes no skill so your pay reflects that.

If you want higher pay then make yourself more valuable.

First, even a job with minimal skill should pay a person enough to stay off of welfare. There is no reason why I should be subsidizing the labor costs of a private company.

Second, "stuffing burgers" as you call it, does actually take skill. Fast food is the new American manufacturing. It is a hot, dirty, hectic, stressful environment requiring skills in customer service, cash control, technical equipment, and knowledge of health regulations.

Third, there are many people with a college education meant to make themselves more valuable, who are stuck working as a cashier at ChinaMart.

First of all a person should keep himself off welfare that means either working as much as it takes to pay your bills or reducing expenses so the money you earn is sufficient to pay your bills.

Your pay is not based on what it costs you to live but on what the skill you bring to the market is worth.

And if people went to college and got a useless degree it's not my fault is it?

Maybe they should have gone to trade school so they could walk away with a real salable skill

Do you know what tipped wages are?

It's the base PLUS tips

And now you prove to be an even bigger bigger idiot than I thought

IDIOT to the Nth power

Dumb ass ^ thinks smart people will be willing to work 80hrs for shitty pay.

The both of you are a couple of fekkin retards.

I know what a tip is, I know what a tipped wage is. What the hell difference does that make? The fact remains that workers in Minn are making a LOT more hourly, but the price of the burger is still the same.

These basic concepts keep flying right over your heads and shitting all over your hats.

Cell phones are not a necessity and if you really need one you certainly can get by with a cheapo flip phone and pay as you go. But you idiots think everyone needs an I phone with a 100 dollar a month data plan

The budget outlined in the OP does not call for an iPhone with a $100 a month data plan.
Made up budgets are not facts.

But the FACT remains that the OP outline didn't call for $100 a month data plan. So you are being disingenuous.

Cell phones are not a necessity and if you really need one you certainly can get by with a cheapo flip phone and pay as you go. But you idiots think everyone needs an I phone with a 100 dollar a month data plan

The budget outlined in the OP does not call for an iPhone with a $100 a month data plan.
Made up budgets are not facts.

But the FACT remains that the OP outline didn't call for $100 a month data plan. So you are being disingenuous.
And the made up budget isn't?

First of all a person should keep himself off welfare that means either working as much as it takes to pay your bills or reducing expenses so the money you earn is sufficient to pay your bills.

Your pay is not based on what it costs you to live but on what the skill you bring to the market is worth.

And if people went to college and got a useless degree it's not my fault is it?

Maybe they should have gone to trade school so they could walk away with a real salable skill

Work harder, work more, get better skills. All well and good, if those jobs actually existed.

You can't "reduce" your expenses below actual cost of living without starving to death, winding up homeless, etc. So your solution is nonsensical.

In the meantime, I will continue to turn a profit exploiting socialized labor at an artificially depressed payrate.

And the answer is easy. You should pay them. Why do you keep asking? Do you want to stay on the government teat?

Make me pay them.

Eh? Are you 'into' that sort of thing?

Listen, you keep bringing up the socialized labor force argument, but you don't want to do anything about it. Instead, you're preoccupied with price and wage controls.

Forum List

Back