Anarchy results in people stepping up

You make anarchy sound exactly like communism. Both are due to fail in the long run. Why do you hate America?

Communism is no more doomed to fail than you are, it just gets unwieldy when larger groups use it, which is why it never has been used that way.

As for anarchism, I am not advocating it, just pointing out that the lack of government does not result in complete chaos. People understand that they are what holds society together, and are quite willing to step in and make things work if you let them.

It IS possible for a people to live productively without an overarching government, that is true.

And that society can thrive until some bully or other people come along which decides it wants what those people have.
As often as not, that bully is gubmint.

Yes that IS true, without doubt, Odd.

In fact, it is not too much of a stretch to suggest that government is the bully that people put up with because sans a government they fear that even worse BULLIES will come along.

And they're right in most cases, too.

Actually, they aren't, because the bully they get without government can be fought, the bully they get with government is their own surrender.

It IS possible for a people to live productively without an overarching government, that is true.

And that society can thrive until some bully or other people come along which decides it wants what those people have.

In fact, it is not too much of a stretch to suggest that government is the bully that people put up with because sans a government they fear that even worse BULLIES will come along.

Man you have changed so much over the last year. It's great to see though.

It's getting to the point where it's hard to imagine bigger bullies.

Even mobsters aren't going to give me lip about smoking a cigarette or not wearing my seat belt.

It's getting to the point where it's hard to imagine bigger bullies.

Even mobsters aren't going to give me lip about smoking a cigarette or not wearing my seat belt.

Well, to be fair, the bigger bully that you are worried about without government does not care that you smoke but they will kill you if they are in a bad mood.

Warlords are bloody and when an anarchy bubbles to the surface, it is never pretty. There are many places in Africa that make a good example of this. I would not live in those places for any reason.

Forum List

Back