And College Grads Wonder Why They’re Working at Burger King

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
These are the “adults” the colleges and universities are producing.

A Massachusetts university has decided to take down a historical mural after students complained that the paintings depicting only white people eroded the school’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.

Tufts University stated in a news release that the Alumnae Lounge mural, which depicts “the great names of men” who informed the school’s history, does not include “a single image of a person of color, for example, despite the fact that black students were enrolled at Tufts as early as the late nineteenth century.”

“Students have told us that they don’t want to receive awards in Alumnae Lounge because they feel excluded, and that’s important to hear,” Tufts Senior Vice President Deborah Kochevar said, according to the news release. “We want to attract a diversity of people to the university. But no less important, when they arrive, we want them to feel they belong here.”

Members of Tufts’ Jackson College for Women donated the mural, as well as the lounge, to the school. The mural will be archived and an online database for viewing and teaching purposes will be made available.

Tufts to remove mural with only white people 'to attract a diversity of people'

Past successful grads no longer donate.

Current grads have nothing to donate.

The price of change.

I don't donate to any of the 3 universities I graduated from. It really isn't that I wouldn't but they are so damn snotty about it and no matter how much you give them, it is not enough, yet they will be coming back at you for more as soon as your first donation clears. Screw em. They got enough from me anyway in tuition and ridiculous fees.

Forum List

Back