And obama spoke…..and the gates of Hell opened….obama to release 6,000 felons today...

A drop in a bucket. We need to release many many more Citizens who don't belong in cages. Let's start with all non-violent drug offenders being released immediately.
The only purpose that prisons serve is to separate the inmates from the public. The average convicted felon will spend less than 5 years in prison. If they aren't harden criminal when they enter prison, they most likely will be when they leave. Prisons should be a place for rehabilitation, not schools for criminals.

A drop in a bucket. We need to release many many more Citizens who don't belong in cages. Let's start with all non-violent drug offenders being released immediately.
The only purpose that prisons serve is to separate the inmates from the public. The average convicted felon will spend less than 5 years in prison. If they aren't harden criminal when they enter prison, they most likely will be when they leave. Prisons should be a place for rehabilitation, not schools for criminals.

Oh they definitely come out worse. That's a fact.

Actually, I got locked up for a month for having a personal use amount (less than 3 oz. is the limit) in my house. The neighbors called because they smelled something coming from my apartment.

Yes. You can be locked up for smoking a joint.

I also remember that I was walking home one day and had a pipe in my pocket that had cannabis residue on it. I got stopped and searched, they found the pipe, and I spent a week in jail for a paraphenelia charge.
Five weeks isn't hard time, and you weren't in prison, loser.
Being that you've never been in jail, you're talking out your ass.
Your extensive experience with long stays in mental health facilities does not compare.
I worked in a jail, lol. I also worked two years in a lock down juvenile facility. Not that that experience is required to be able to distinguish hard time from loser languishing in county because you're an idiot with no money for bail.
Juvenile facility? The Disney land's of the penal system! LOL.

Especially for adult perverts and sadists. They love preying on the kids. Some real sickos working as guards in those places. Kids come out more messed up than when they went in.
Your kind of place!

Come out worse than what? The kids that we served were murderers, kidnappers, the insane, and kids who had home lives infinitely worse than the worst the facility had to offer. One of our kids (from a well to do family) had a steel bristle brush imbedded in his back so deeply by his step mother that he had to get medical attention to have it removed. Another came and knocked on the door of the facility the coldest night of the year, begging to be let in. The cops had to trump up some sort of reason to get him lodged that night. We had a whole family of kids raised by a Mexican so brutal that he destroyed their mother's face and hospitalized her multiple times, and used to make the kids kneel for hours on beans and rice. We had another whose primary objective was the abuse and robbery of the elderly and wheelchair bound. He would go into their houses, tie them up and take everything they had, beat the shit out of them, and then leave them there, tied and helpless.

My friend had charge of Kip Kinkle. Do you suppose he'll come out "worse" too?

Come out worse than what? The kids that we served were murderers, kidnappers, the insane, and kids who had home lives infinitely worse than the worst the facility had to offer. One of our kids (from a well to do family) had a steel bristle brush imbedded in his back so deeply by his step mother that he had to get medical attention to have it removed. Another came and knocked on the door of the facility the coldest night of the year, begging to be let in. The cops had to trump up some sort of reason to get him lodged that night. We had a whole family of kids raised by a Mexican so brutal that he destroyed their mother's face and hospitalized her multiple times, and used to make the kids kneel for hours on beans and rice. We had another whose primary objective was the abuse and robbery of the elderly and wheelchair bound. He would go into their houses, tie them up and take everything they had, beat the shit out of them, and then leave them there, tied and helpless.

My friend had charge of Kip Kinkle. Do you suppose he'll come out "worse" too?
your imaginary friend

Yes….in order to push more gun control you have to have an increase in the violent crime rate…currently our violent crime rate is going down, not up….mainly due to locking up criminals for a long time, and also because good people can now carry guns…..

That is going to change….obama and congress have decided that they need to increase the crime rate just before the election and to help push gun control…so today is the day they are releasing 6,000 felons back into our cities…..

Thanks obama…..
Wow are you a partisan hack. The Koch brothers are behind this initiative and for once I agree with them. Non violent criminals are costing us way too much keeping them in jail for 5 to 10 years. Better to let him serve one year and then find them $20,000 and then put them on probation and monitor them. Better to do that then spend 30000 dollars a year housing and feeding these people and turning them into even more violent criminals than they were before they went in. If you don't know our justice system is f***** up and needs to be fixed even the most evil people on your party understand this well I understand it's costing them money that they don't want to spend which is the only reason they're seen clearly on this issue. There's also a push to take away the question on an application have you ever been convicted of a felony. Why make it harder for somebody who served their time to find a job than it already is you ass hole

Nope...it is cheaper to keep criminals locked up....non violent drug offenders are non violent for the offense they are captured for......no telling what else they have done to maintain their drug habits or sell their drugs.....

They were discussing this issue on Bill O' this evening. Charles Krauthammer was the guest. He worked with many drug addicts.

According to him, many get charges dropped from selling to just using in plea bargains. Therefore a drug pusher could have a record of just using drugs and yes, considered non-violent.

So what happens to these pushers once Obama lets them out? Not many can make a living pushing drugs without the risk of violence.
Bill O riled me! Could you be anyless bias?

Could you?

Yes….in order to push more gun control you have to have an increase in the violent crime rate…currently our violent crime rate is going down, not up….mainly due to locking up criminals for a long time, and also because good people can now carry guns…..

That is going to change….obama and congress have decided that they need to increase the crime rate just before the election and to help push gun control…so today is the day they are releasing 6,000 felons back into our cities…..

Thanks obama…..
Wow are you a partisan hack. The Koch brothers are behind this initiative and for once I agree with them. Non violent criminals are costing us way too much keeping them in jail for 5 to 10 years. Better to let him serve one year and then find them $20,000 and then put them on probation and monitor them. Better to do that then spend 30000 dollars a year housing and feeding these people and turning them into even more violent criminals than they were before they went in. If you don't know our justice system is f***** up and needs to be fixed even the most evil people on your party understand this well I understand it's costing them money that they don't want to spend which is the only reason they're seen clearly on this issue. There's also a push to take away the question on an application have you ever been convicted of a felony. Why make it harder for somebody who served their time to find a job than it already is you ass hole

I'm not an employer but I am a landlord. In the beginning, I was all for giving people a second chance such as felons. One time they almost burned my house totally to the ground. Another time they gutted my apartment so badly it cost me thousands to repair and remodel.

Now I have a policy: no felons apply. It's the only reasonable thing to do since they are trouble, and I can't blame employers for doing the same.
Should employers or you be allowed to give lie detectors?

No need to, the information is easy to find. There are hundreds of agencies on the internet that will give you the criminal record of anybody you type in. I now use those agencies along with reverse telephone number lookup to detect liars.
Did you hear about the pot monopoly coming to Ohio? How you gonna vote?

Just came home for the polls, I voted against it. I voted against the state having the monopoly and I voted against the legalization of pot.

Thanks obama…..
I know it's popular to blame Obama with whatever you don't like about the government or most anything else, however the reason for these prisoners being released has very little to do with Obama. The US sentencing commission has established new guideline for sentencing. These changes reduce the terms of many non-violent felons convicted of drug crimes.

So you're saying if we had a conservative Republican President, this still would have happened?

Don't you believe it for a minute.

Thanks obama…..

Nope...it is cheaper to keep criminals locked up....non violent drug offenders are non violent for the offense they are captured for......no telling what else they have done to maintain their drug habits or sell their drugs.....

They were discussing this issue on Bill O' this evening. Charles Krauthammer was the guest. He worked with many drug addicts.

According to him, many get charges dropped from selling to just using in plea bargains. Therefore a drug pusher could have a record of just using drugs and yes, considered non-violent.

So what happens to these pushers once Obama lets them out? Not many can make a living pushing drugs without the risk of violence.
Bill O riled me! Could you be anyless bias?

Could you?
I am, that's why I can say with 100% that billy o is extremely bias .

Thanks obama…..
I know it's popular to blame Obama with whatever you don't like about the government or most anything else, however the reason for these prisoners being released has very little to do with Obama. The US sentencing commission has established new guideline for sentencing. These changes reduce the terms of many non-violent felons convicted of drug crimes.

So you're saying if we had a conservative Republican President, this still would have happened?

Don't you believe it for a minute.
:lmao::lmao:

Know when the problems with the prison system started? When they decided to privatize the prisons. When that happened, any program to help them become useful citizens (learning a trade, getting an education, etc.), was axed because it wasn't "profitable".

And............if there are no prisoners, the corporation that owns the prison doesn't make money, so they team up with law enforcement to jail as many as possible, for whatever they can, even if it's someone who is non violent who committed a victimless crime.

People who commit non violent victimless crimes (smoking cannabis, jay walking, etc.) should be let off with no more than a fine.

So who's in prison for jaywalking or just smoking a joint?

God you people just make up ship from the top of your head.

Actually, I got locked up for a month for having a personal use amount (less than 3 oz. is the limit) in my house. The neighbors called because they smelled something coming from my apartment.

I also remember that I was walking home one day and had a pipe in my pocket that had cannabis residue on it. I got stopped and searched, they found the pipe, and I spent a week in jail for a paraphenelia charge.

Prison and jail are entirely different. To my knowledge, there are no privately owned city jails.

You didn't go to prison for smoking a joint, you went to jail for being in possession of marijuana not considered for personal use. 3 ounces is a hell of a lot of pot for one or two people.
You know some see it no different as a case a beer and a carton of smokes. But thats not how the law sees it.

Know when the problems with the prison system started? When they decided to privatize the prisons. When that happened, any program to help them become useful citizens (learning a trade, getting an education, etc.), was axed because it wasn't "profitable".

And............if there are no prisoners, the corporation that owns the prison doesn't make money, so they team up with law enforcement to jail as many as possible, for whatever they can, even if it's someone who is non violent who committed a victimless crime.

People who commit non violent victimless crimes (smoking cannabis, jay walking, etc.) should be let off with no more than a fine.

Prison and jail are entirely different. To my knowledge, there are no privately owned city jails.

You didn't go to prison for smoking a joint, you went to jail for being in possession of marijuana not considered for personal use. 3 ounces is a hell of a lot of pot for one or two people.
You know some see it no different as a case a beer and a carton of smokes. But thats not how the law sees it.

Cannabis is a hell of a lot less damaging than either beer or smokes. And, it's interesting that reading comprehension for Ray is kinda limited. Anything under 3 oz. (meaning anywhere from 1 gram to 2 oz 27 grams) is considered personal use under the laws here. I never specified how much I was actually caught with.

BTW............it was very much less than 3 oz.

And interestingly enough, I'm also against the marijuana legalization in OH, because all of the people that contributed lots of money towards the legalization campaign (2 million dollars or more), get first dibs on the state and government grow rights for medical and recreational.

Big business and big money are the main ones supporting the legalization, because many investors have seen the potential for getting rich as it has been demonstrated in Colorado.

Check out some of the MSNBC specials done since CO legalized it. It's amazing how much money is out there to be made.

You're about 40 years out of step with the rehabilitation experiment.

Psst...it was an abject failure for which we continue to pay the price.

What kind of stupid, criminal fuck says "yes we have more people in prison than ever, and our crime rate is high...we need to release more criminals!"

Seriously.

What kind of dumb gash can't read an article and figure out what really happened and not trust the ass-hat OP.???

Cannabis is a hell of a lot less damaging than either beer or smokes. And, it's interesting that reading comprehension for Ray is kinda limited. Anything under 3 oz. (meaning anywhere from 1 gram to 2 oz 27 grams) is considered personal use under the laws here. I never specified how much I was actually caught with.

BTW............it was very much less than 3 oz.

And interestingly enough, I'm also against the marijuana legalization in OH, because all of the people that contributed lots of money towards the legalization campaign (2 million dollars or more), get first dibs on the state and government grow rights for medical and recreational.

Big business and big money are the main ones supporting the legalization, because many investors have seen the potential for getting rich as it has been demonstrated in Colorado.

Check out some of the MSNBC specials done since CO legalized it. It's amazing how much money is out there to be made.

Government would never allow it to be legal if there was no money to be made except by individuals.

So if you only got busted for personal consumption, how did you spend anytime in jail? What was the charge for locking you up?

Exactly. You can buy cigarettes outside of our state from Indian reservations in NY, but you are only allowed two cartons to bring back home. Outside of two cartons, you are breaking the law and will get charged if caught.

Thanks obama…..

Conservatives say that they want to cut spending. So be it. What does it cost the taxpayers every year to keep 6,000 nonviolent offenders in prison?

Thanks obama…..

Conservatives say that they want to cut spending. So be it. What does it cost the taxpayers every year to keep 6,000 nonviolent offenders in prison?
I'd like to answer that. Not sure of current statistics but depending on your location your chance for being a victim of a crime, could be exponentially raised by any release.

Thanks obama…..

Don't know. What does it cost for 6,000 rapists?

Forum List

Back