And she would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!!

Unfortunately, her brazen law-breaking doesn't seem to matter all that much. The only people who seem to care are those of us who were never going to vote for her in the first place. And, frankly, there are more important issues that completely disqualify her before we even get to this one. The destruction of Libya, and attempted destruction of Syria come to mind.

What Law did she break Kevin? the Secretary of State, Colin Powell did not use government servers when he was Secretary of State either, he used is own personal account. She DID NOT BREAK THE LAW on this...

it's simply a lie saying she did.
So now Colin Powell is somehow the benchmark of legality? Mr. Yellow Cake himself? Seriously? Regardless, not turning over all of the emails and then deleting them when she turns over the ones she wanted to turn over is breaking the law. Of course, it doesn't matter. She won't lose any votes on it, and she certainly won't have to answer for it.
nope, it did not break the law for her not to turn over her personal emails, she turned over all of her State Dept emails....

It's simply a lie stating she broke the law, when she hasn't....

It appears the e-mail scandal just keeps getting worse and worse for Hillary Clinton as she gallivants about in her Scooby machine. A bombshell report broke last night that Hillary flatly ignored questions about her conducting her business on her private server by Darrell Issa in 2012. One can only imagine the consequences... well, off comes the mask. Everyone is shocked (not) to find out the real Hillary Clinton underneath.

"And I would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!" She'll yell.

WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton was directly asked by congressional investigators in a December 2012 letter whether she had used a private email account while serving as secretary of state, according to letters obtained by The New York Times.

But Mrs. Clinton did not reply to the letter. And when the State Department answered in March 2013, nearly two months after she left office, it ignored the question and provided no response.

The query was posed to Mrs. Clinton in a Dec. 13, 2012, letter from Representative Darrell Issa, the Republican chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Mr. Issa was leading an investigation into how the Obama administration handled its officials’ use of personal email.

“Have you or any senior agency official ever used a personal email account to conduct official business?” Mr. Issa wrote to Mrs. Clinton. “If so, please identify the account used.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/us/politics/hillary-clintonwas-asked-about-email-2-years-ago.html

The letter from Issa is here:

Issa Letter Dec. 13 2012
Oh please. You people are manufacturing scandals already. All this is going to do is turn voters against you, not her. They want a good president, and she is the only viable candidate, and they are not going to want to spend the next 8 years spending billions of tax paper dollars trying to burn her for some minor scandal. You're so pathetic You don't care a wit about the welfare of the country; you only want to cause trouble for Democrats. You're turning the voting public against the GOP. Stop it.

So, you think that a person who was described as far back as the 1960's as an unethical individual, and has continued to operate in the same way, as the "only viable candidate"? Why on Earth do you think that?

It appears the e-mail scandal just keeps getting worse and worse for Hillary Clinton as she gallivants about in her Scooby machine. A bombshell report broke last night that Hillary flatly ignored questions about her conducting her business on her private server by Darrell Issa in 2012. One can only imagine the consequences... well, off comes the mask. Everyone is shocked (not) to find out the real Hillary Clinton underneath.

"And I would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!" She'll yell.

WASHINGTON — Hillary Rodham Clinton was directly asked by congressional investigators in a December 2012 letter whether she had used a private email account while serving as secretary of state, according to letters obtained by The New York Times.

But Mrs. Clinton did not reply to the letter. And when the State Department answered in March 2013, nearly two months after she left office, it ignored the question and provided no response.

The query was posed to Mrs. Clinton in a Dec. 13, 2012, letter from Representative Darrell Issa, the Republican chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Mr. Issa was leading an investigation into how the Obama administration handled its officials’ use of personal email.

“Have you or any senior agency official ever used a personal email account to conduct official business?” Mr. Issa wrote to Mrs. Clinton. “If so, please identify the account used.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/us/politics/hillary-clintonwas-asked-about-email-2-years-ago.html

The letter from Issa is here:

Issa Letter Dec. 13 2012
Oh please. You people are manufacturing scandals already. All this is going to do is turn voters against you, not her. They want a good president, and she is the only viable candidate, and they are not going to want to spend the next 8 years spending billions of tax paper dollars trying to burn her for some minor scandal. You're so pathetic You don't care a wit about the welfare of the country; you only want to cause trouble for Democrats. You're turning the voting public against the GOP. Stop it.

So, you think that a person who was described as far back as the 1960's as an unethical individual, and has continued to operate in the same way, as the "only viable candidate"? Why on Earth do you think that?

The funny thing is any Republican doing the exact same thing would be destroyed. These libs are so pathetic:eusa_silenced:

Clinton had already resigned when Issa sent her this letter and Kerry was announced as her replacement just a week later and she was hospitalized at the time of this Issa letter right?

So? She can't just ignore an inquiry from Congress. Stop making excuses for her. You can't just have her say "The dog ate my subpoena!"

The Federal Records Act

Clinton did not use an official government email account while serving as the country's top diplomat. Instead, she used a private email account and kept all of her emails on a private server in her home.

At a news conference last month, she cited "convenience" as the reason. She said she did not want to carry around two mobile devices, though she acknowledged it "might have been smarter" to have done so.

Addressing the Federal Records Act, NPR's Scott Horsley reported last month on the question of whether Clinton's exclusive reliance on a private email account violated it. Here's some of what he reported:

"A State Department spokeswoman says Hillary Clinton did not break any rules by relying solely on her personal email account. Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history."

The law was amended in late 2014 to require that personal emails be transferred to government servers within 20 days. But that was after Clinton left office. Watchdog groups conceded that she may not have violated the text of the law...

Fact Check Hillary Clinton Those Emails And The Law It s All Politics NPR

And a fact check by NPR hardly qualifies as objective. Notice in your citation that it doesn't list what "Watchdog groups" conceded what. Given that she conducted official business on a personal server, any email communications between her and her staffers, or other government officials automatically becomes government property under the Federal Records Act of 1950.

Taking a State Department Spokeswoman at her word is lazy. She did nothing wrong by having the server and conducting business with it, but she broke the law when she purged that server and all documentation on it. There is a high probability that there were emails between her and government officials on it. Fact is there has been law on the books since Bill Clinton's first term in office regarding e-mail communications.

From State Department Foreign Affairs Manual, 1995 Edition:

Another important modern improvement is the ease of communication now afforded to the Department world-wide through the use of E-mail....All employees must be aware that some of the variety of the messages being exchanged on E-mail are important to the Department and must be preserved; such messages are considered Federal records under the law. (5 FAM [Foreign Affairs Manual] 443.1)

Valerie and Care4all , your attempts at objectivity are disappointing.
yes, this is correct and Hillary turned them over....so what is your issue????

The issue is that she only turned over half of her emails.

(facepalms)

Clinton had already resigned when Issa sent her this letter and Kerry was announced as her replacement just a week later and she was hospitalized at the time of this Issa letter right?

So? She can't just ignore an inquiry from Congress. Stop making excuses for her. You can't just have her say "The dog ate my subpoena!"

The Federal Records Act

Clinton did not use an official government email account while serving as the country's top diplomat. Instead, she used a private email account and kept all of her emails on a private server in her home.

At a news conference last month, she cited "convenience" as the reason. She said she did not want to carry around two mobile devices, though she acknowledged it "might have been smarter" to have done so.

Addressing the Federal Records Act, NPR's Scott Horsley reported last month on the question of whether Clinton's exclusive reliance on a private email account violated it. Here's some of what he reported:

"A State Department spokeswoman says Hillary Clinton did not break any rules by relying solely on her personal email account. Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history."

The law was amended in late 2014 to require that personal emails be transferred to government servers within 20 days. But that was after Clinton left office. Watchdog groups conceded that she may not have violated the text of the law...

Fact Check Hillary Clinton Those Emails And The Law It s All Politics NPR

And a fact check by NPR hardly qualifies as objective. Notice in your citation that it doesn't list what "Watchdog groups" conceded what. Given that she conducted official business on a personal server, any email communications between her and her staffers, or other government officials automatically becomes government property under the Federal Records Act of 1950.

Taking a State Department Spokeswoman at her word is lazy. She did nothing wrong by having the server and conducting business with it, but she broke the law when she purged that server and all documentation on it. There is a high probability that there were emails between her and government officials on it. Fact is there has been law on the books since Bill Clinton's first term in office regarding e-mail communications.

From State Department Foreign Affairs Manual, 1995 Edition:

Another important modern improvement is the ease of communication now afforded to the Department world-wide through the use of E-mail....All employees must be aware that some of the variety of the messages being exchanged on E-mail are important to the Department and must be preserved; such messages are considered Federal records under the law. (5 FAM [Foreign Affairs Manual] 443.1)

Valerie and Care4all , your attempts at objectivity are disappointing.
yes, this is correct and Hillary turned them over....so what is your issue????

The issue is that she only turned over half of her emails.

(facepalms)
She only turned over all emails that involved anything to do with the State Department and government, even if minutely related ....one of your links I believe went through the process her lawyers used to identify them and it seemed pretty darn thorough to me other than some small nit picking....

And as has been stated, the gvt had a record of her emails to any government employee the minute she sent it to one of them, as well.... There has been no indication that she would have any reason to not have her lawyers/clerks etc, to turn them all over.

This is all a bunch of HYPE about nothing again to me...another time the Boy is crying Wolf with nothing at all to back up the accusations....

Mostly because the only thing your side has to offer is religious nuts and people who want to fuck the working man for their rich friends.

I don't care about the inner workings of the Watergate committee and I don't care why Vince Foster killed himself and I don't care why a bunch of Arabs rioted outside the Benghazi consulate.

I only care- which one of these candidates is going to make MY life better.

Well, going by name. Bush-41 and Bush-43 made my life worse. Three recessions, and I got set back a little bit by each one of them. A Bush-45 Presidency would make my life worse, going by past performance.

Clinton - 42, I hate to admit, made my life better. My property values doubled, my salary increased, and so on. Therefore, Clinton-45 would be a good thing, based on history. If she buries some interns under the South Lawn, that's so not my problem.

Get it?

Zoinks!!!!!!
Screen-Shot-2015-04-13-at-10.21.45-PM.png

Unfortunately, her brazen law-breaking doesn't seem to matter all that much. The only people who seem to care are those of us who were never going to vote for her in the first place. And, frankly, there are more important issues that completely disqualify her before we even get to this one. The destruction of Libya, and attempted destruction of Syria come to mind.

What Law did she break Kevin? the Secretary of State, Colin Powell did not use government servers when he was Secretary of State either, he used is own personal account. She DID NOT BREAK THE LAW on this...

it's simply a lie saying she did.
So now Colin Powell is somehow the benchmark of legality? Mr. Yellow Cake himself? Seriously? Regardless, not turning over all of the emails and then deleting them when she turns over the ones she wanted to turn over is breaking the law. Of course, it doesn't matter. She won't lose any votes on it, and she certainly won't have to answer for it.
nope, it did not break the law for her not to turn over her personal emails, she turned over all of her State Dept emails....

It's simply a lie stating she broke the law, when she hasn't....
Except that you're taking the word of a politician that the only emails she didn't turn over were personal in nature. She doesn't get to unilaterally make that call, and trusting her on the issue is naive to the point that it's clear that you're simply trying to protect a candidate of your partisan persuasion.

Forum List

Back