AND So, It Begins.... WINTER 2022-23

I think I will just leave this here...

"Tipping points" violate the Law of Thermodynamics unless we can demonstrate they don't ... the electric guitar feedback loop through the speaker requires the amplifier to be plugged in and running ... we get the energy from the grid, and we put the energy into sound waves ... so energy is conserved ... we'll get a bill from the electric company ... and our audience's ear doctors ...

The confusion comes when we move towards equilibrium ... and that's an instantaneous process ... we move towards equilibrium the instant we are in a non-equilibrium state ... there nothing to "tip" as it were ... Physics 102 ...

"Tipping points" violate the Law of Thermodynamics unless we can demonstrate they don't ... the electric guitar feedback loop through the speaker requires the amplifier to be plugged in and running ... we get the energy from the grid, and we put the energy into sound waves ... so energy is conserved ... we'll get a bill from the electric company ... and our audience's ear doctors ...

The confusion comes when we move towards equilibrium ... and that's an instantaneous process ... we move towards equilibrium the instant we are in a non-equilibrium state ... there nothing to "tip" as it were ... Physics 102 ...
Just as CO2 follows the temperature change, the paradoxical presentation as we go closer to equilibrium, is not well understood.

Just as CO2 follows the temperature change, the paradoxical presentation as we go closer to equilibrium, is not well understood.

Why do you think CO2 follows temperature? ... looking at the empirical data, we've coin-flipping odds ... see how temperatures goes down but CO2 levels go up? ... that's a non-correlation ... neither temperature nor CO2 seem to effect each other ... these values regularly move in opposite directions ...

Yes yes yes ... I understand the theory ... my question is "how much" ... and this may well be below instrumentation error ...

Why do you think CO2 follows temperature?

Because they've never had an intro chemistry course and don't know that CO2 will exsolve from solution with increasing temperature.

You guys are such jokes when it comes to basic science. And you all claim you are some kind of scientist! It's hilarious!

Why do you think CO2 follows temperature? ... looking at the empirical data, we've coin-flipping odds ... see how temperatures goes down but CO2 levels go up? ... that's a non-correlation ... neither temperature nor CO2 seem to effect each other ... these values regularly move in opposite directions ...

Yes yes yes ... I understand the theory ... my question is "how much" ... and this may well be below instrumentation error ...
I think we have competing forcings. Much as push-pull circuit on a circuit board operates. Depending on the weight or the power being pushed or pulled is how much it oscillates to find equilibrium.

I think we have competing forcings. Much as push-pull circuit on a circuit board operates. Depending on the weight or the power being pushed or pulled is how much it oscillates to find equilibrium.

You guys are HILARIOUS!

CO2 SOLUBILITY IN WATER IS A FUNCTION OF TEMPERATURE you dimwits!!!!!

How hard is that to understand???

You haven't even had an intro chemistry class??????????????

You guys are HILARIOUS!

CO2 SOLUBILITY IN WATER IS A FUNCTION OF TEMPERATURE you dimwits!!!!!

How hard is that to understand???

You haven't even had an intro chemistry class??????????????
And how does it work? the temperature rises and the CO2 is released. CO2 follows temperature always in that scenario.

iu

Because they've never had an intro chemistry course and don't know that CO2 will exsolve from solution with increasing temperature.

You guys are such jokes when it comes to basic science. And you all claim you are some kind of scientist! It's hilarious!

Liar ... can't believe a damn thing you post ...

HEY STUPID ... a 1 ppt solution exposed to the atmospheric gases will rapidly absorb CO2 into solution until it reaches equilibrium with the 425 ppm concentration in the atmosphere ... even with increasing temperatures ... fucking liar ...

The amount of CO2 in solution AT SATURATION goes down with increasing temperatures ... as if our solution was being exposed to a pure CO2 gas environment ...

Because YOU'VE never taken an intro chemistry class ... LIAR ... or you'd know this is because carbon dioxide and water chemically react forming carbonic acid, which screws up the thermodynamics of the system ... there's more acids than DNA formed with carbon ...

Liar ... can't believe a damn thing you post ...

Funny thing is, you don't have to believe me. You can pick up an intro chemistry book.

\The amount of CO2 in solution AT SATURATION goes down with increasing temperatures ... as if our solution was being exposed to a pure CO2 gas environment ...

The atmosphere is not at saturation with regards to CO2, my friend.

Because YOU'VE never taken an intro chemistry class

Taken 'em and taugh 'em.

... LIAR ... or you'd know this is because carbon dioxide and water chemically react forming carbonic acid, which screws up the thermodynamics of the system ... there's more acids than DNA formed with carbon ...

Jeeeezus. You are as dumb as shit. Yes, CO2 reacts in water to form various acids and it gets even more complex when you factor in the Revelle Factor in saline water, but the basic concept is still the same.

CO2 can LEAD and LAG temperature.

It's literally freshman chemistry.

You don't believe me? THEN TAKE A CHEMISTRY CLASS, faker.

Forum List

Back