Announcment

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
C'MON BOYS WE CAN DO IT
If you ever have been in Europe and a Gypsy kid tried to pickpocket you, a gypsy guy tried to sell you roses, wash your car window, or begg money from you dont judge me by these people. Because yesterday me and my mum were aggressively approached by a eastern european gypsy female, and when we said we do not have money to give her, she was aggressive. I dont like certain behaviours of certain Gypsies either. Thats why I write down in my profile "brown" not "gypsy" it is not wrong, but I prefer not to associate or call myself Gypsy. Maybe I have some complex but I just dont like it.

Stuart Goddard was born in Marylebone, London. He was the only child of Leslie Alfred Goddard and Betty Kathleen Smith. His father had served in the Royal Air Force and worked as a chauffeur, and his mother was an embroiderer for Norman Hartnell.[3]:4 His home was two rooms in De Walden buildings, St John's Wood.[3]:5 He recalls: "There was no luxury, but there was always food on the table.” He is of partial Romani descent; his maternal grandfather, Walter Albany Smith, was Romanichal.[3]:10 This heritage became a basis for a theme in his later work: a concern for oppressed minorities.

Hoskins was born in Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk, on 26 October 1942 to Robert Hoskins, a bookkeeper and lorry driver, and Elsie (née Hopkins) Hoskins, a cook and nursery school teacher.[2][3] His grandmother was Romani.[4] From two weeks old he was brought up in Finsbury Park, London.[5] He attended Stroud Green Secondary School where he was written off as stupid on account of his dyslexia.[6] He left school at 15 with a single O-Level and worked as a porter, lorry driver, plumber and window cleaner. He started but did not complete a 3-year accountancy course.[7][8] He spent half a year in Israel on a kibbutz, and two years in Syria tending the camels of a Bedouin tribe.[8]

Forum List

Back