Annoying ads

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
There have been a lot of ads that load with sound.

It is really annoying to have some asshole yacking over my videos.

If USMB allows ads to destroy their forum it is up to them.
They are forcing people to get ad blocker and then where will they be?

No one is forcing you to get a free program to hide ads.

but those ads help pay for the site to stay up.

No one is forcing you to get a free program to hide ads.

but those ads help pay for the site to stay up.
OK, but if the ads prevent you from using the site, what is the point?

It is up to them to allow ads to ruin their site.

3 choices

put up with the ads

get adblock

leave the site.

"If USMB allows ads to destroy their forum it is up to them.
They are forcing people to get ad blocker and then where will they be?"

What is the problem P F? The AdBlocker's are free and the downloads take less than one minute.

It's not just this forum, the AdBlocker's also help with example YouTube preventing an annoying ad appearing every ten seconds or whatever.

Please darling there is no need to be a Drama Queen and/or Drama King :funnyface:

Tissue?

This is of course all the fault of Global Warming, Putin and North Korean Hackers, working together they have succeeded in genius and evil fashion in destroying P F's ENTIRE PLANET so much that he is unable to download AdBlocker :eek-52:

Tissue?

This is of course all the fault of Global Warming, Putin and North Korean Hackers, working together they have succeeded in genius and evil fashion in destroying P F's ENTIRE PLANET so much that he is unable to download AdBlocker :eek-52:
Either that or he just likes to bitch....... Based on his usual postings I'm going with "just likes to bitch".........

I don't trust free stuff. Adblock? I learned way way way back........nothing is free.

whats' the catch? whats' the downside?
If you have Win10 you end up "on the list"?

I need. I need. I need.

I don't trust free stuff. Adblock? I learned way way way back........nothing is free.

I need. I need. I need.
I have Win 10 and I have no idea what nebulous "list" you're referring to.

I need. I need. I need.
Adblock earns cash by maintaining a whitelist. You are free to disable this whitelist. You also can add lists not related to Adblock. However, many free programs come without a rub in it.

I need. I need. I need.
I have Win 10 and I have no idea what nebulous "list" you're referring to.
The list of privacy data fountains.
Oh those. I block all data mining.
Check it out:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCortana" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "CortanaEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "SearchboxTaskbarMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0
reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "BingSearchEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo" /v "Enabled" /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost" /v "EnableWebContentEvaluation" /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\TIPC" /v "Enabled" /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile" /v "HttpAcceptLanguageOptOut" /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeviceAccess\Global\{BFA794E4-F964-4FDB-90F6-51056BFE4B44}" /v "Value" /d "Deny" /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Personalization\Settings" /v "AcceptedPrivacyPolicy" /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "RestrictImplicitTextCollection" /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "RestrictImplicitInkCollection" /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InputPersonalization\TrainedDataStore" /v "HarvestContacts" /d 0 /f
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "NoAutoUpdate" /D 0 /F
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Software Protection Platform" /v "NoGenTicket" /D 1 /F
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /D 0 /F
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /D 0 /F

Forum List

Back