Annual Physical: Do you get one?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
I think it's very important to get your blood work done every year. I've done so the past 7 years but have never really sat down and looked at the results of all of them until now. The doctor would always go over every marker with you and discuss if you were out of range, but whatever I was out of range on I was told there is little I can do about it, as this is hereditary. Everything checks out, so I'll see ya next year, but now if I have a problem in the future, I can check the past 7 years of results and see if I should have seen it coming.

And that's why getting this done annually is important.

I think it's very important to get your blood work done every year. I've done so the past 7 years but have never really sat down and looked at the results of all of them until now. The doctor would always go over every marker with you and discuss if you were out of range, but whatever I was out of range on I was told there is little I can do about it, as this is hereditary. Everything checks out, so I'll see ya next year, but now if I have a problem in the future, I can check the past 7 years of results and see if I should have seen it coming.

And that's why getting this done annually is important.
Terrible idea, IMO. If you let them do their tests and "screenings," they WILL find things they want to do more tests on and biopsies and "procedures" and on and on. They want to mine our bodies for our insurance and Medicare accounts. I never allow any of this.

I didn't until I turned 50. Before that it was every 3 or 4 years.

After 60 I have been sure I get one every year.

Do you also turn you turn your head and cough every year?
I don't get the actual "physical" anymore, I don't need that. Completely hands free. Always get the PSA checked in the blood.

Terrible idea, IMO. If you let them do their tests and "screenings," they WILL find things they want to do more tests on and biopsies and "procedures" and on and on. They want to mine our bodies for our insurance and Medicare accounts. I never allow any of this.
I hope you are being satirical/facetious/a smart ass. You don't believe this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I do now that I'm over 60. Blood work is a really good idea to do yearly once you are old, but yes they will try to get you on meds if any of your "numbers" are "at risk". Do your own research and question everything.

I do now that I'm over 60. Blood work is a really good idea to do yearly once you are old, but yes they will try to get you on meds if any of your "numbers" are "at risk". Do your own research and question everything.
I agree, and even better, get educated about your health and eat right, then see if this reflects on your physical next year.

I decide whether I take the meds. But I want to know all the numbers.

Of course I believe it! Hint: believe what people say. They always mean it.
To each their own. Checking ones blood is as clinical as it gets. You can always ignore any accompanying advice, were it offered unsolicited.

To each their own. Checking ones blood is as clinical as it gets. You can always ignore any accompanying advice, were it offered unsolicited.

Bllod pressure and blood sugar are two things everyone should have checked occasionally.

And once you are over 40, you get to go have a camera sent where the sun don't shine.

Bllod pressure and blood sugar are two things everyone should have checked occasionally.

And once you are over 40, you get to go have a camera sent where the sun don't shine.

I'm right at the 10 year mark. They have already contacted me it's time for another.

I decide whether I take the meds. But I want to know all the numbers.
I have a friend my age 65 who skipped blood work for a few years and when he did it, his PSA numbers were way up. He had the surgery and starts radiation in a month.

I have a friend my age 65 who skipped blood work for a few years and when he did it, his PSA numbers were way up. He had the surgery and starts radiation in a month.
At our age thinks change faster than you think. I hope your friend beats it.

Forum List

Back