Another American water scandal

The company will and should have to pay for this and pay dearly. It costs alot less to deal with waste properly. I hope they learn their lesson. Pathetic.

Officials said the 77-acre (31-hectare) reservoir holds millions of gallons of water containing phosphorous and nitrogen from an old phosphate plant.

It's not clear that this plant even exists any longer. This is quite common with coal mines. Make your money, make a mess and then fold.

Unless your part of the green movement which makes messes, destroys the environment and continues on.

No idea what you are rambling about.

Of course you don't. Green energy destroys the environment yet the people who push this look the other way and we're supposed to throw up our arms over a 77 acre aquifer. Lol. Let me know when you've been to South America and Africa to experience the devastation in reference to mine excavation for rare earth metals used in green technologies. Of course you don't know what I'm talking about. You buy the propaganda narrative.

I have no idea what you are talking about because you didn't say anything.

Most of the environmental damage created by the government is in other countries. Our wars have been devastating to the environment but it does not excuse what happened here.

We need to reign in corporations and the government.

The company will and should have to pay for this and pay dearly. It costs alot less to deal with waste properly. I hope they learn their lesson. Pathetic.

Officials said the 77-acre (31-hectare) reservoir holds millions of gallons of water containing phosphorous and nitrogen from an old phosphate plant.

It's not clear that this plant even exists any longer. This is quite common with coal mines. Make your money, make a mess and then fold.

Unless your part of the green movement which makes messes, destroys the environment and continues on.

Of course you don't. Green energy destroys the environment yet the people who push this look the other way and we're supposed to throw up our arms over a 77 acre aquifer. Lol. Let me know when you've been to South America and Africa to experience the devastation in reference to mine excavation for rare earth metals used in green technologies. Of course you don't know what I'm talking about. You buy the propaganda narrative.

Most of the environmental damage created by the government is in other countries. Our wars have been devastating to the environment but it does not excuse what happened here.

No, we need to reign in government. And again, I'm not surprised that you can't make a simple correlation.

No, we need to reign in government. And again, I'm not surprised that you can't make a simple correlation.

You ignore what you wish I suppose.

You ignore what you wish I suppose.

Not at all. I've been on both sides of the fence, water chemistry analysis in aquifers with the spooks and drilling oil privately.

There is nothing to have ever put in a reservoir in the first place.
This is just nitrates and phosphorous, with are harmless.
The only problem is some local minerals, like radon, have been concentrated in this reservoir.
The solution is to breach the dam, let is spread out, and will harmlessly be gone, forever.
FL needs more water, so this is a benefit, not harmful.
There is nothing remotely toxic about nitrogen or phosphorous.

It does appear that the corporations can foul up the environment to their hearts content. Why is public money needed to clear up this mess ?
1. it's not a scandal

Those being forced from their homes would likely disagree.

No one can ever be forced from their homes, and no one should leave.
If they put up sandbags around the doors, the damage should be minimal.

This is just a small retention pond, and they never build those on high ground. So it is very unlikely there could be much damage.

It does appear that the corporations can foul up the environment to their hearts content. Why is public money needed to clear up this mess ?
1. it's not a scandal

..hahahahhahahahhahahah
it JUST happened !!!!! just like these cop incidents, you people say GUILTY before ANY facts are out
HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

There is nothing to have ever put in a reservoir in the first place.
This is just nitrates and phosphorous, with are harmless.
The only problem is some local minerals, like radon, have been concentrated in this reservoir.
The solution is to breach the dam, let is spread out, and will harmlessly be gone, forever.
FL needs more water, so this is a benefit, not harmful.
There is nothing remotely toxic about nitrogen or phosphorous.

phosphogypsum is radioactive and I doubt you want it in your yard.

Why do spend all of your time looking for ways to criticize America and ignore your own country's problems? Here's a water problem for you Tommy T. LONDON IS GOING TO RUN OUT OF WATER. That seems kind of important.

1. it's not a scandal

..hahahahhahahahhahahah
it JUST happened !!!!! just like these cop incidents, you people say GUILTY before ANY facts are out
HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It's all made up? Nothing is leaking? It's all someone's imagination? phosphogypsum isn't really radioactive? It's all simply made up?

1. it's not a scandal

..hahahahhahahahhahahah
HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It's all made up? Nothing is leaking? It's all someone's imagination? phosphogypsum isn't really radioactive? It's all simply made up?
hahhahahahhahahahahah--JUST like the other issues---you believe the MSM CRAP.......
....explain why it's a scandal Mr Know It All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that only Republicans know how to govern..They claim to hate the govt. until they need money or a force to change public policy.
Trump and his acolytes were very keen to release business from the pain of looking after the environment. The regulatory environment seems to be an invitation to pollute. More execs should go to jail for this sort of behaviour.
Phosphates are not unique to areas of Florida. And pollution is different then global climate change crap. This will get dealt with at some point. But no one has an issue eating fruits and vegetables grown and products made from this state.

If you eat orange's you have to accept polluting the environment?
Florida has a massive water eco system. They will eventually have to deal with the large Lake Okeechobee which there is runoff into and areas around it. Polluting the environment I do not approve of. Cleaning it up will happen. I believe it is called the blue tide. A major work project will eventually take place. Here is an issue. Would people pay more for those oranges? Or do they eat cheaper oranges grown in some other nation who has no pollution controls? Florida is still a rising state with many people moving here. Infrastructure is much newer and is built as needed. This is not an older blue state with infrastructure built over a century and more. There are people more versed on this issue and I know they are aware of it.

1. it's not a scandal

..hahahahhahahahhahahah
HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hahhahahahhahahahahah--JUST like the other issues---you believe the MSM CRAP.......

It's been explained. You wouldn't want radioactive waste water in your yard either. We should never allow sites like this. It should all have to be cleaned up as it is produced.

Remember that only Republicans know how to govern..They claim to hate the govt. until they need money or a force to change public policy.
Trump and his acolytes were very keen to release business from the pain of looking after the environment. The regulatory environment seems to be an invitation to pollute. More execs should go to jail for this sort of behaviour.
Phosphates are not unique to areas of Florida. And pollution is different then global climate change crap. This will get dealt with at some point. But no one has an issue eating fruits and vegetables grown and products made from this state.

If you eat orange's you have to accept polluting the environment?
Florida has a massive water eco system. They will eventually have to deal with the large Lake Okeechobee which there is runoff into and areas around it. Polluting the environment I do not approve of. Cleaning it up will happen. I believe it is called the blue tide. A major work project will eventually take place. Here is an issue. Would people pay more for those oranges? Or do they eat cheaper oranges grown in some other nation who has no pollution controls? Florida is still a rising state with many people moving here. Infrastructure is much newer and is built as needed. This is not an older blue state with infrastructure built over a century and more. There are people more versed on this issue and I know they are aware of it.

I have long advocated to deal with countries that do not have pollution controls in place by addressing what they send here.

Will it possibly make the things we purchase more expensive? It very well could but we should not leave a mess for our kids because we want cheap stuff.

Why is it that all the producers of plastics sell their products with abandon and the public pays the cleanup? It's a false concept of "capitalism" and no concept of responsibility.
People defend corporations, the rich and "capitalism" as do people who defend religions. Capitalism isn't wrong or "evil" in itself, but it isn't something that is out to save you, either. If it isn't under control, this economic system is every bit as destructive as Marxism has proven to be.

1. it's not a scandal

..hahahahhahahahhahahah
HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It's been explained. You wouldn't want radioactive waste water in your yard either. We should never allow sites like this. It should all have to be cleaned up as it is produced.
no--you haven't explained it ..now, either explain it, or you are just babbling shit
..what was illegal or wrong ?

1. it's not a scandal

..hahahahhahahahhahahah
HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

'''''''However, officials said in a statement that the main concern from the collapse would be flooding, calling the water being discharged 'slightly acidic.''''''''
bold mine
BOOOOOOOM BABY!!!! = you ARE babbling shit

1. it's not a scandal

..hahahahhahahahhahahah
HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

no--you haven't explained it ..now, either explain it, or you are just babbling shit
..what was illegal or wrong ?

Allowing it to get to this point was wrong.

Forum List

Back