Another case as to why I oppose the death penalty

and i notice you cowardly ran away from my question about WHY ca hasn't executed anyone in 8 years....oooooops....realized your mistake didn't you....

It is tied up in litigation. Gov Brown will not approve an execution even if it is allowed
Either way, California has only executed 13 in the last 38 years while Texas has executed 481

You have failed to explain your claim that California has 3X the executions that Texas has

i stand corrected....they have double on death row...than texas...but can't execute because of the federal government. brown wasn't always governor and won't always be...it was brought back in CA by the will of the people

I too oppose the death penalty.

However, I'm ok with 'prison justice' for scum like Dahmer and Geoghan.

The states with the largest death rows were California (733), Florida (412), Texas (292), Pennsylvania (197), and Alabama (197). In the past 10 years, the size of Texas's death row has shrunk 36%; Pennsylvania's death row has declined 18%; on the other hand, California's death row has increased 17% in that time.

California | Death Penalty Information Center

The states with the largest death rows were California (733), Florida (412), Texas (292), Pennsylvania (197), and Alabama (197). In the past 10 years, the size of Texas's death row has shrunk 36%; Pennsylvania's death row has declined 18%; on the other hand, California's death row has increased 17% in that time.

You need to learn the difference between a death sentence and a death penalty

saywhat.jpg

and i notice you cowardly ran away from my question about WHY ca hasn't executed anyone in 8 years....oooooops....realized your mistake didn't you....

It is tied up in litigation. Gov Brown will not approve an execution even if it is allowed
Either way, California has only executed 13 in the last 38 years while Texas has executed 481

You have failed to explain your claim that California has 3X the executions that Texas has

i stand corrected....they have double on death row...than texas...but can't execute because of the federal government. brown wasn't always governor and won't always be...it was brought back in CA by the will of the people

rightwinger needs to learn to read

LOL...yeah...that really helps your case when CA has twice the amount and has increased its amount unlike other states...the only thing stopping CA is the federal government

saywhat.jpg

the idiot means executions vs being on death row

so most christian churches are opposed to the DP

LOL

way to prove your point

and it still does nothing to prove that the DP rate has anything to do with christianity or christians. just because you have a survey of a few churches, not majority churches btw, that support it....does not prove the DP rate is because those people support it. all one has to do is look at china's DP rate to see you are full of shite.

:eusa_whistle:

Man cleared of NYC murder after 25 years in prison

From the start, Fleming told authorities he had been in Orlando when a friend, Darryl "Black" Rush, was shot to death in Brooklyn early on Aug. 15, 1989. Authorities suggested the shooting was motivated by a dispute over money.

Fleming had plane tickets, videos and postcards from his trip, said his lawyers, Anthony Mayol and Taylor Koss. But prosecutors at the time suggested he could have made a quick round-trip plane jaunt to be in New York, and a woman testified that she had seen him shoot Rush. He was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison and was due to have his first parole hearing soon.

The eyewitness recanted her testimony soon after Fleming's 1990 conviction, saying she had lied so police would cut her loose for an unrelated arrest, but Fleming lost his appeals.

Man cleared of NYC murder after 25 years in prison

this is without a doubt egregious prosecutorial misconduct. the DA who handled the case should be criminally charged. in fact, in any case like this the DA should be criminally charged.

Seems to be.

Luckily, he wasn't put in a death chamber and killed in cold blood by the state, eh?

And that is part of the process. Honestly is there really so much of a difference between taking someones life and taking 25 years of someones life in error?

Considering DP cases take at least 10 years to resolve, that is plenty of time to find any error.

ask the guy in the OP or just read the story and see how happy he and his mother are that he has finally been released. i would dare say they would emphatically state there is a huge difference between DP and losing 25 years of your life behind bars. if he had been executed, there would be no joyful reunion and no further time to spend together, something they can now enjoy.

again, DP inmates have been exonerated, some posthumously.

When was the last one that was exonerated totally after execution? Are you going back to the 60's or 50's for that one?

2004, actually.

Forum List

Back