Another day in court for Alex, another defeat

I'll quote from I'm guessing the same website you went to in order to get that definition:

"To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement."

1 and 2 Alex did you cant deny that. 3 I would argue Alex was negligent in making those remarks and 4. How was harm caused? LOL really? To the memory of their child. From getting death threats.

All of this is immaterial though as I believe with the first case, Alex Jones just basically gave up.

"In Thursday's ruling, a Texas judge said Mr Jones had repeatedly failed to hand over legal documents and evidence to the court to support his claims about the attack. As a result, a default judgement was issued.
Judge Maya Guerra Gamble wrote that Mr Jones and other defendants had shown "flagrant bad faith and callous disregard" by not turning over the files." Sandy Hook: Alex Jones loses case over 'hoax' remarks
See #4. What “damages” are there? Hurt feelings don’t count. It has to be financial.

See #4. What “damages” are there? Hurt feelings don’t count. It has to be financial.
Where does it say anything about money, dipshit? Oh that's right, it doesnt. LOL thinking you know more about law than a judge.

The government are not a party to the action. The complainants are seeking redress for foul stories spread about them by a sick fuck. Nobody is poisoning the water here.

Jones is not a victim. If he could behave like an adult he wouldnt be in this situation.
So the courts are not a government function? The ruling that is reached is not enforced through government edict?

Seriously. Again, who said Jones is a victim. Can you even follow a point?

So in other words “you hurt my feelings”, give me money.
Well, not exactly but in general, yes.

The law allows for that weather or not you think it should. You have to prove it so 'hurt feelings' is not totally accurate.
"A plaintiff in a defamation case is entitled to receive damages for any actual injuries that he/she incurred as a result of the defamatory statement. This includes lost earnings and lost earning capacity suffered as a result of the statement, as well as pain and suffering, impairment to reputation and standing in the community, personal humiliation, shame, and disgrace. Learn more about Damages in Personal Injury Cases."

More importantly, Jones would be held to pay for that should he:
"If the person defamed was a private person, in most states, the person making the defamatory statement can only be held liable for defamation if he/she:
  • knew that the statement was false and defamatory, or
  • acted with reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the statement in making the statement, or
  • acted negligently in failing to ascertain whether the statement was true or false before making it."

All 3 of which Jones would be pretty clearly guilty of. Seems to me the only thing in question is the amount of damages that he would owe.

So the courts are not a government function? The ruling that is reached is not enforced through government edict?

Seriously. Again, who said Jones is a victim. Can you even follow a point?
Well the courts provide a framework for injured parties to pursue damages. That is pretty standard. What other structure would you suggest for the parents to get redress ?

Well the courts provide a framework for injured parties to pursue damages. That is pretty standard. What other structure would you suggest for the parents to get redress ?
None. That is not relevant. What is relevant is that I was talking about governmental role and action, you claimed they had none and I pointed out they clearly do.

None. That is not relevant. What is relevant is that I was talking about governmental role and action, you claimed they had none and I pointed out they clearly do.
They have a passive role. I dont really think that you have a point. Not a serious one anyway.

So a third victim is granted compensation for the sick lies that this fat bastard has been spreading for years. Other families have a different case in the Conneticut courts as well.

Its all very positive.

Rot in hell ALex. Thats where you are going to.

And you shall rot in an lunatic asylum, take your medicine pal.

898019.jpg

The more the democrats go after Alex jones the more popular he becomes.

Alex Jones is an American hero

Forum List

Back