Another Dem owned company will not pay taxes this year.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Evidently Face Book which earned over a Billion dollars last year, not only will not be paying any taxes, but will be getting almost $500 Million back in a refund.

A huge supporter of Obama, Facebook used loopholes to write off the stock they gave their employees, shares it cost Facebook nothing to give, and not only did they write off enough to cover last year's taxes, but this year's and the next 2 year's.

Will Obama and the Democrats be attacking Facebook as they attacked the oil companies?

I doubt it.

They left GE alone last year.

I thought conservatives were all for that kind of thing. Now all those people will go out in the world and *poof* jobs will start appearing left and right.

You should rejoice!

Just show what you get for what you call "Thought".

Of course if you ever had an original one, I seriously doubt if you would know what do to with it. You've become too dependent upon the DNC and the other Liberal spin-masters telling you what to think to be able to do much of it on your own.

I thought conservatives were all for that kind of thing. Now all those people will go out in the world and *poof* jobs will start appearing left and right.

You should rejoice!

For lower taxes.

Not selective lower taxes for political supporters.

$500mil creates the hired staff who need plenty of BMW techs, sushi chefs, shirt starchers and baristas.

Don't know the nitty gritty, but my guess is that an IPO of this magnitude is operating within parameters set forth by the IRS just the same as everyone else. It's why you hear such claims as Exxon "paying no taxes".

Evidently Face Book which earned over a Billion dollars last year, not only will not be paying any taxes, but will be getting almost $500 Million back in a refund.

A huge supporter of Obama, Facebook used loopholes to write off the stock they gave their employees, shares it cost Facebook nothing to give, and not only did they write off enough to cover last year's taxes, but this year's and the next 2 year's.

Will Obama and the Democrats be attacking Facebook as they attacked the oil companies?

I doubt it.

Does Facebook receive oil subsidies?

Democrats have selective outrage...
They wait for whatever Chris Mathews has a hard on for.
Which will always be right leaning companies.

I doubt it.

Oil Companies still pay taxes after the subsidies. But since you brought it up, How does Facebook fuel a car, truck, or plane or heat a home?

I doubt it.

Oil Companies still pay taxes after the subsidies. But since you brought it up, How does Facebook fuel a car, truck, or plane or heat a home?

Haysoos effin' Christ still talking about "subsidies". Get a grip, you two.

Why is it people call it a loophole when other people use them, and a legitimate deduction when they do? It's all about abiding by the tax law, isn't it?

Why is it people call it a loophole when other people use them, and a legitimate deduction when they do? It's all about abiding by the tax law, isn't it?

A "loophole" is a legitimate deduction. A legitimate deduction is not a "subsidy".

A "subsidy" is government payment in lieu of non-service or non-activity.

A "loophole" is a legitimate deduction. A legitimate deduction is not a "subsidy".

Isn't the child tax credit a subsidy, they have to produce a baby?

Isn't the child tax credit a subsidy, they have to produce a baby?

That is an "activity". Just ask Mrs. H. :D

I doubt it.

Can you show us from this where FB paid no income tax?

FB Income Statement | Facebook, Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

They followed the same laws available to you.

Yup.

But the difference between "they" and me is slim to none, yet distinct.

I produce a commodity from the land (like farmers) that is traded on international markets (like farmers) often times under harsh weather conditions (like farmers). My input costs continually rise (like farmers), and I am unable to pass along those increases in costs directly to consumers (like farmers). My commodity price fluctuates (like farmers), sometimes it's high and sometimes it's low (like farmers).

The difference? I have no "crop" insurance, I have no price supports, I have no loan deficiency payments, I have no set-aside production credits.

Yet without my commodity, farmers... and the entire ag industry could not exist.

I doubt it.

Can you show us from this where FB paid no income tax?

FB Income Statement | Facebook, Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

The nice thing about paying attention to the news is that I don't have to read those...

http://ctj.org/pdf/facebookexcess.pdf

Earlier this month, the Facebook Inc. released its first “10-K” annual financial report since
going public last year. Hidden in the report’s footnotes is an amazing admission: despite $1.1
billion in U.S. profits in 2012, Facebook did not pay even a dime in federal and state income
taxes.

Instead, Facebook says it will receive net tax refunds totaling $429 million. Facebook’s income tax refunds stem from the company’s use of a single tax break, the tax deductibility of executive stock options. That tax break reduced Facebook’s federal and state income taxes
by $1,033 million in 2012, including refunds of earlier years’ taxes of $451 million.
But that’s not all of the stock-option tax breaks that Facebook generated from its initial public offering of stock (IPO).

Facebook is also carrying forward another $2.17 billion in additional tax-option tax
breaks for use in future years. So in total Facebook’s current and future tax reductions from the stock options exercised in connection with its IPO will total $3.2 billion. That’s almost exactly what CTJ predicted last year, when Facebook first announced its IPO.

Forum List

Back