Another DOWn Day

Sucks to be you. I tossed my alarm clock at 55.

Not really. I enjoy my job, I get to do it from home in my shorts and T-shirt 90% of the time. My wife is still working so I have no good reason to retire yet. She has only been a nurse for about 10 years and she wants to keep doing it for another 10.

I live the best of both worlds, I could go right now and play 9 holes and come back and finish for the day and nobody would give a darn. When one is not hourly, a time clock nor an alarm clock is necessary.

Not really. I enjoy my job, I get to do it from home in my shorts and T-shirt 90% of the time. My wife is still working so I have no good reason to retire yet. She has only been a nurse for about 10 years and she wants to keep doing it for another 10.

I live the best of both worlds, I could go right now and play 9 holes and come back and finish for the day and nobody would give a darn. When one is not hourly, a time clock nor an alarm clock is necessary.
Guess what I’m doing tomorrow?
I have no idea, I’ll decide when it gets there b

People have gotten spoiled that is for sure.
Well to be fair my first home would sell for 250K+ right now.....I paid $32,500 for it in the late 70s.

Hell I'd be hard pressed to even afford the home I'm in now.....One almost like it up the street sold for $600K a month or so ago. It's fuckin' bonkers....It cost me around 90K to build it in '92.

They know the stock market is an indicator of how the economy is doing.
Do you really think that poor people without 401k's are checking the market?
The "economy" for poor people is the size of their paycheck and the size of their bills.

Do you really think that poor people without 401k's are checking the market?
The "economy" for poor people is the size of their paycheck and the size of their bills.
I bet they shit when they go to the grocery store too.....A pound of bacon was over $10.00 with tax the other day.

Of course the dems here don't want to back off the gas and food tax even though our state revenue would easily allow it. I guess they want to hold on to what little power they have left out of shear spite.

And you giving the bank a few hundred thousand for the honor of owing them.

There is that, better them than the Govt.

It is all a calculated risk, how much will my investments make me over the cost of the interest on the loan.

Well to be fair my first home would sell for 250K+ right now.....I paid $32,500 for it in the late 70s.

Hell I'd be hard pressed to even afford the home I'm in now.....One almost like it up the street sold for $600K a month or so ago. It's fuckin' bonkers....It cost me around 90K to build it in '92.

I hear ya.

I was just reading that back in 57 Elvis paid like $112,000 for all of Graceland, 10,000 sqft home and all the land.

Today that would not get you much of anything at all.

You really think poor people are ignorant of current events?
"Current events" encompasses far more than "the economy" and "the economy" encompasses far more than just the market.
I stand by my statement that few people w/o 401ks give a rat's ass about the market. Very few.

I hear ya.

I was just reading that back in 57 Elvis paid like $112,000 for all of Graceland, 10,000 sqft home and all the land.

Today that would not get you much of anything at all.
My first home was a brick 950 sq. ft. "starter home" on a crawl space on a quarter acre. They don't even build such homes anymore.....I mean 250K for that?

My mom's home (1940s brick-built w/basement) in town sits on two lots that amounts to a bit more than a acre. She's been offered 500K for it just to tear the house down and build a McMansion on it.

My first home was a brick 950 sq. ft. "starter home" on a crawl space on a quarter acre. They don't even build such homes anymore.....I mean 250K for that?

The other day on some ad my son heard the term "starter home" and I had to explain what it was.

Forum List

Back