Another embarrassment for the Bush administration

Hey.........Basic Goofy Guy...........if it's the top story, and it's flashing all over the networks, why the fuck do you consider it to be "dragging it up"?

Are you that stupid?

I guess we're supposed to tiptoe around the Bush failures when they come up. I wonder how many embarrassments have to be brought to light before anyone can call it "another" embarrassment...

Once the first one happened, that makes all the rest "another", doesn't it?

You tell me, there was a question about that upthread a ways.

Does it have to be earth shaking to bring up on this web site?

I have seen alot worse on this site. I think I have wrote much worse.

What is the point of bringing it up?

It's the story of the day. Why don't you want it discussed?

I haven't seen substantive debate come from the OP yet. It is not that I am against discussing things. But, again, what is the point of the thread? If we put things in their proper perspective, this story is drivel. Seriously, the big evil doer color chart got changed when it really didn't need to be. Whoopie do.

Just because the tv and radio pundits are talking about this, that doesn't necessarily mean it is worth while does it?

Actually, Sarah, you may be right.

2 years ago Bush Jr. banned 2 people from coming to a rally held by him because they were wearing t-shirts that had a circle with a line and bush written on it.

I guess the GOP decided that since those 2 tried that, they were going to up the ante with guns.

At the Republican convention in New York, 1500 were arrested, fingerprinted and illegally held for 24 hours.

But, you know what the Republicans say, "Ho hum, so what, it's over, who cares, it's a thing of the past". If they were wrong about Bush, they must be wrong about Obama.

I haven't seen substantive debate come from the OP yet. It is not that I am against discussing things. But, again, what is the point of the thread? If we put things in their proper perspective, this story is drivel. Seriously, the big evil doer color chart got changed when it really didn't need to be. Whoopie do.

Just because the tv and radio pundits are talking about this, that doesn't necessarily mean it is worth while does it?

Why were you so afraid of him bringing it up? If the thread dies, it dies but you asked him why he made the thread.

Because it was interesting to him and because he can.

Wow, when I read the title of this post I thought I was going to find out about another Bush appointee that was in trouble with the IRS. Or maybe that Cheney had gone off and told a crippled man to stand up so everyone could see him. Heck, I was hoping for one of those pictures of him walking in front of his dear friend who needed a cane to walk down some steps and he was totally ignoring his plight.

But, all I get was that during a time in our nation's history when there were constant terrorist threats, one guy's opinion about which button to push happened to not gel with several other guys opinions. I guess Tom Ridge was like that one dentist out of 5 that didn't agree with the recommendation to use Crest toothpaste for the best defense against tooth decay.

But good work to the folks out there that are still looking for ANYTHING they can throw at Bush 8 months after he left office.

Hey, Basic Gutless Goof, might wanna think about that statement again. Ridge upped it just before Bush's reelection, so that the voters would feel scared and vote for him, because they thought he had it all covered.

Ridge left because of it.

Now, think about this..........terrorism is using terror tactics (i.e. fear mongering), to further an idealogical or political belief.

So, that means the Bush admin and the GOP used terrorism (fear tactics) against the people of the US, while FIGHTING FUCKING TERRORISM!

See the irony?

ter⋅ror⋅ism
  /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
Use terrorism in a Sentence
–noun
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

ter·ror·ism (těr'ə-rĭz'əm)
n. The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Terrorism Definition | Definition of Terrorism at Dictionary.com

Basic Goofball Guy, do you have an education?

Hey.........Basic Goofy Guy...........if it's the top story, and it's flashing all over the networks, why the fuck do you consider it to be "dragging it up"?

Are you that stupid?

No, I am not stupid. My reasoning makes a lot more sense that the pathetic excuse you just offered up.

So, because it is being flashed on the networks, that makes the story worthy of our time and energy? Given your reasoning, if all the networks ran a story stating that the President's dog's poop was green, we should consider that newsworthy and debate it at length.

If the story being presented is true, it did not violate the Constitution of the United States. The big evil doer alert was a color it wasn't supposed to be according to Tom. He complains about it while outting himself as being spineless. In the grand scheme of things, why should this story be number 1? We should give it more attention and focus than healthcare, the national debt, the economy, or another of other valid issues?

Wow, when I read the title of this post I thought I was going to find out about another Bush appointee that was in trouble with the IRS. Or maybe that Cheney had gone off and told a crippled man to stand up so everyone could see him. Heck, I was hoping for one of those pictures of him walking in front of his dear friend who needed a cane to walk down some steps and he was totally ignoring his plight.

But, all I get was that during a time in our nation's history when there were constant terrorist threats, one guy's opinion about which button to push happened to not gel with several other guys opinions. I guess Tom Ridge was like that one dentist out of 5 that didn't agree with the recommendation to use Crest toothpaste for the best defense against tooth decay.

But good work to the folks out there that are still looking for ANYTHING they can throw at Bush 8 months after he left office.

This was a little more than a Crest toothpaste analogy. Everyone suspected that the color charts were phoney but to purposely pump up the threat of terrorism for political gain is beyond shady.

Btw, GOP still trashes Clinton and it's been 9 years since he left office.

The color terror chart was stupid to begin with. Did it drastically change your life?

If what Tom said is true, that means that he didn't have the backbone to take a stand, and cowered down.

With all the truly important things going on in this Republic, you felt a need to bring up this drivel. Why?

I think you are missing the point. Bush had him raise it right before the 2004 election to help him win.

I am sure if Obama did something like this, you would say, so what, right?

Hey, Basic Gutless Goof, might wanna think about that statement again. Ridge upped it just before Bush's reelection, so that the voters would feel scared and vote for him, because they thought he had it all covered.

Now, think about this..........terrorism is using terror tactics (i.e. fear mongering), to further an idealogical or political belief.

So, that means the Bush admin and the GOP used terrorism (fear tactics) against the people of the US, while FIGHTING FUCKING TERRORISM!

See the irony?

ter⋅ror⋅ism
–noun
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

n. The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

I have an education. I know what the definition of terrorism is. You don't like my posts on this subject. So what. Will you be playing the internet bully all night, or will you be engaging in substantive debate minus the immature rhetoric? I suppose asking you to act mature is asking too much. You can go pound sand.

The color terror chart was stupid to begin with. Did it drastically change your life?

If what Tom said is true, that means that he didn't have the backbone to take a stand, and cowered down.

With all the truly important things going on in this Republic, you felt a need to bring up this drivel. Why?

I think you are missing the point. Bush had him raise it right before the 2004 election to help him win.

Yes, I would say so what. I know what the story is. I am not confused. I am not a partisan hack or a Republican.

I know what the point of the thread is. It is a partisan hack bash the Republicans thread. I don't play that game.

George Bush is out of office. According to the XXII Amendment, he can't be President again. So, what is the point of focusing on President Bush and Tom Ridge, when we have real and pertinent issues facing this Republic now? Enlighten me.

Last edited:
Actually, Sarah, you may be right.

2 years ago Bush Jr. banned 2 people from coming to a rally held by him because they were wearing t-shirts that had a circle with a line and bush written on it.

I guess the GOP decided that since those 2 tried that, they were going to up the ante with guns.

I thought they arrested someone for wearing a anti bush t shirt...?

Federal lawsuit follows anti-Bush T-shirt arrests

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A couple arrested for wearing anti-Bush T-shirts to the president's July 4 appearance at the West Virginia Capitol filed a federal lawsuit yesterday alleging their First Amendment rights were violated.

firstamendmentcenter.org: news

Yes, I would say so what. I know what the story is. I am not confused. I am not a partisan hack or a Republican.

I know what the point of the thread is. It is a partisan hack bash the Republicans thread. I don't play that game.

Fair enough. Since you are not partisan, I will search out all pro dem posts you have made. Be right back.

See the irony?

ter⋅ror⋅ism
–noun

I have an education. I know what the definition of terrorism is. You don't like my posts on this subject. So what. Will you be playing the internet bully all night, or will you be engaging in substantive debate minus the immature rhetoric? I suppose asking you to act mature is asking too much. You can go pound sand.

Hey asshole, you are the one that was wondering why it was important. Don't you think that intentionally misleading the American public in pursuit of political gain using terror isn't important?

Fuck off ya goddamn pedant, go please purists.

George Bush is out of office. According to the XXII Amendment, he can't be President again. So, what is the point of focusing on President Bush and Tom Ridge, when we have real and pertinent issues facing this Republic now? Enlighten me.

If you have said anything bad about Clinton since 2000, then you're a hypocrite, as that was when he left office.

Try again asshole.

See the irony?

ter⋅ror⋅ism
–noun

wow...that's....wow. You've got some REALLLLLLLY long arms to make that reach.

If you have said anything bad about Clinton since 2000, then you're a hypocrite, as that was when he left office.

Try again asshole.

As a matter of fact, I don't focus on issues about Clinton, that do not have a direct legal impact on this Republic. If it had done something like this, I would have said so what. You just can't take someone being objective can you. You have to try and play internet tough guy and be insulting to people. I am done trying to have reasonable debate with you. You have shown that you can't handle honest debate. Maybe someone else will let you verbally abuse them seeing how you like that kind of thing. Not me.

So............who is the party that you consider better than the other right now? Honest question, and has nothing to do with party affiliation.

Which one do you think is currently trying to run this country right?

Forum List

Back