Another embarrassment for the Bush administration

You are incorrect on your definition of "bipartisan"... It means of and supporting both parties... Would you like the dictionary version?

What would characterize someone who does not support either party is "nonpartisan"...

so what do you call a person who ONLY says negative things towards one party?

If you believe I only speak negative of Democrats, you are wrong. I speak bad about the GOP leadership as well. You haven't been paying attention.

Be right back...lol

What is the point of bringing it up?

It's the story of the day. Why don't you want it discussed?

I haven't seen substantive debate come from the OP yet. It is not that I am against discussing things. But, again, what is the point of the thread? If we put things in their proper perspective, this story is drivel. Seriously, the big evil doer color chart got changed when it really didn't need to be. Whoopie do.

Just because the tv and radio pundits are talking about this, that doesn't necessarily mean it is worth while does it?

Well, I don't know the OP's goal, but I think it should be discussed because hopefully the blind followers who couldn't see through that transparent fearmongering at the time may learn something and be less likely to fall for something like that in the future. That's sort of the point of revealing these things - to learn from them.

Of course, there's always the sorts who are so far gone in their partisanship that they'll never learn. But there's not much that can be done about those sorts.

Tom Ridge, in his new book, reveals he was pressured to raise the security alert level right before the 2004 election. He did not feel it was necessary but those within the Bush administration including Rumsfield and Ashcroft pushed to have the alert level increased.

After the situation played out Ridge decided to leave the Bush administration.

I bet if that wouldn't have happened, Mr Kerry would have won the popular vote.

Kerry running for President is enough right there to raise the threat level. Bet he farts alot after all the chili he gets to eat.

Lucky bastard. I had to GUARD III to get as far west as Amarillo in a MEPS. Fought like hell to go west coast, but never made it.

Know how to REALLY piss off the Air Force? Tell 'em that the Navy has more planes than they do (we do y'all), and then tell 'em that their Top Gun is to get to be a member of the Navy for a year!

Really gets under their skin.

(this is for Zona).

But dude, I used to think when the Air force threw away gear, we got it. Oh and I was stationed in Miramar for 6 years (hngr 5, top gun was hngr 2 If memory serves)....and that was the most homo erotic movie ever...Remember the volley ball scene. Oh and I used to ride my bicycle on that road Maverick was riding on with his motorcycle (WITH NO HELMUT ON). Its a perimeter road around the airfield.

Air force is an interesting branch. They have better food, better housing, better looking women, but it takes forever to get promoted. IMHO.

It's the story of the day. Why don't you want it discussed?

I haven't seen substantive debate come from the OP yet. It is not that I am against discussing things. But, again, what is the point of the thread? If we put things in their proper perspective, this story is drivel. Seriously, the big evil doer color chart got changed when it really didn't need to be. Whoopie do.

Just because the tv and radio pundits are talking about this, that doesn't necessarily mean it is worth while does it?

Well, I don't know the OP's goal, but I think it should be discussed because hopefully the blind followers who couldn't see through that transparent fearmongering at the time may learn something and be less likely to fall for something like that in the future. That's sort of the point of revealing these things - to learn from them.

Of course, there's always the sorts who are so far gone in their partisanship that they'll never learn. But there's not much that can be done about those sorts.

History always repeats itself. Nothing is learned for long in politics

Lucky bastard. I had to GUARD III to get as far west as Amarillo in a MEPS. Fought like hell to go west coast, but never made it.

Know how to REALLY piss off the Air Force? Tell 'em that the Navy has more planes than they do (we do y'all), and then tell 'em that their Top Gun is to get to be a member of the Navy for a year!

(this is for Zona).

But dude, I used to think when the Air force threw away gear, we got it. Oh and I was stationed in Miramar for 6 years (hngr 5, top gun was hngr 2 If memory serves)....and that was the most homo erotic movie ever...Remember the volley ball scene. Oh and I used to ride my bicycle on that road Maverick was riding on with his motorcycle (WITH NO HELMUT ON). Its a perimeter road around the airfield.

Air force is an interesting branch. They have better food, better housing, better looking women, but it takes forever to get promoted. IMHO.

The Marines are stuck in a fox hole with water up to their noses and says: this sucks!
The Army is stuck in a dry fox hole and says: this sucks!
The Navy is stuck out at sea for months at a time and says: this sucks!
The Air Force is sitting in their hot tubs with naked women and they run out of beer: this sucks!

(this is for Zona).

The Marines are stuck in a fox hole with water up to their noses and says: this sucks!
The Army is stuck in a dry fox hole and says: this sucks!
The Navy is stuck out at sea for months at a time and says: this sucks!
The Air Force is sitting in their hot tubs with naked women and they run out of beer: this sucks!

That pretty much sums up what I saw. :evil:

Didn't join the Army. Although I like camping as a hobby, as a lifestyle it leaves much to be desired.

Didn't want to join the Marines, as their job is to be a bullet sponge.

Didn't want to join the Air Force. Wasn't prepared to become a pussy.

Joined the Navy. It is the only all volunteer force in the US Military since it's creation. We've never drafted, and we're all there because we want to be.

Besides............26 different countries and 49 different states over a 20 year time frame is pretty good.

Isn't that funny about the Republicans? When Bush was in office, he was their "messiah".

Finally, a president who talks to God.

A president who showed the world that you don't need smarts. You just need to invade.

A president who saved the US from being invaded by Iraq and having them use their deadly arsenal of Weapons of Mass Destruction on us.

A president who explained to his base that "I don't ever think about Bin Laden anymore" and convinced them that not getting the greatest mass murderer in American history was, "No big deal".

A president who knew how to pick the right guy for the right job - Good job Brownie!

And now, when it's discovered that he tricked the American people, threatening them with terrorists attacks, which IS a form of terrorism, and they say, "Ho hum, so what, who cares, it's no big deal, it's a thing of the past, it's not important, don't think about it, don't worry, blah blah blah, I'm bored".

If they were such a poor judge of character that Bush was their messiah, how wrong are they about Obama?

good point

Wow, when I read the title of this post I thought I was going to find out about another Bush appointee that was in trouble with the IRS. Or maybe that Cheney had gone off and told a crippled man to stand up so everyone could see him. Heck, I was hoping for one of those pictures of him walking in front of his dear friend who needed a cane to walk down some steps and he was totally ignoring his plight.

But, all I get was that during a time in our nation's history when there were constant terrorist threats, one guy's opinion about which button to push happened to not gel with several other guys opinions. I guess Tom Ridge was like that one dentist out of 5 that didn't agree with the recommendation to use Crest toothpaste for the best defense against tooth decay.

But good work to the folks out there that are still looking for ANYTHING they can throw at Bush 8 months after he left office.

Tom Ridge was the dentist and they let the grocer and the shoe repairman decide what tooth to pull.

Hey.........Basic Goofy Guy...........if it's the top story, and it's flashing all over the networks, why the fuck do you consider it to be "dragging it up"?

Are you that stupid?

No, I am not stupid. My reasoning makes a lot more sense that the pathetic excuse you just offered up.

So, because it is being flashed on the networks, that makes the story worthy of our time and energy? Given your reasoning, if all the networks ran a story stating that the President's dog's poop was green, we should consider that newsworthy and debate it at length.

If the story being presented is true, it did not violate the Constitution of the United States. The big evil doer alert was a color it wasn't supposed to be according to Tom. He complains about it while outting himself as being spineless. In the grand scheme of things, why should this story be number 1? We should give it more attention and focus than healthcare, the national debt, the economy, or another of other valid issues?

No, you are stupid.

Tom Ridge, in his new book, reveals he was pressured to raise the security alert level right before the 2004 election. He did not feel it was necessary but those within the Bush administration including Rumsfield and Ashcroft pushed to have the alert level increased.

After the situation played out Ridge decided to leave the Bush administration.

Like the whole "Cheney lied" crap, nobody cares about this story........except the k00ks. This is just another "get Bush" story that only the k00ks get all hysterical about and meanwhile, a vast majority of Americans ( the non-21%ers) couldnt give a sh!t about.

I think about how many times a couple of years ago, the k00ks came on board like this and promised "impeachment" as if it were a fait-acompli!!! And every single time I replied, Nobody cares!!!"

And nobody did.............and still nobody does!!! You fcukking dummies.........told you way back when that theres good sh!t out there for OCD stuff..............Effexor XR for example. Keeps away what psychiatrists call "rumination of thoughts".

Only those with the political IQ of a toy dog collar think stuff like this has any legs except for the internet k00ks...........

The kooks took back the white house and 60 seats in the Senate along with the their largest majority in Congress.
The kooks include Democrats and independents.
These thing did mean something and do mean something.
We all get frustrated with the current administration at times. It is good to look back at what we had to put it in perspective.

I think you are clueless. Read this a couple of times and think about it.

History always repeats itself. Nothing is learned for long in politics

In the long term, sure. On an short-term, individual basis, things are learned, and that's what affects the current stuff. I'm afraid my grandkids will have to fight their own anti-ignorance battles (or anti- whatever's important to them at that time...)

Now thanks for depressing me. Good morning to you too. :razz:

Like the whole "Cheney lied" crap, nobody cares about this story........except the k00ks. This is just another "get Bush" story that only the k00ks get all hysterical about and meanwhile, a vast majority of Americans ( the non-21%ers) couldnt give a sh!t about.

I think about how many times a couple of years ago, the k00ks came on board like this and promised "impeachment" as if it were a fait-acompli!!! And every single time I replied, Nobody cares!!!"

And nobody did.............and still nobody does!!! You fcukking dummies.........told you way back when that theres good sh!t out there for OCD stuff..............Effexor XR for example. Keeps away what psychiatrists call "rumination of thoughts".

Only those with the political IQ of a toy dog collar think stuff like this has any legs except for the internet k00ks...........

31561985.jpg

21-9.jpg

so what do you call a person who ONLY says negative things towards one party?

Nancy Pelosi.

With all of this coming out, Nancy Pelosi is being proven right when she said the Bush administration, the CIA, Rs in congress and now the FBI are all liars.

Immediately after she said it John Boehner said oh they never lied to me... Right John, go have another drink.

Hey BGG, I didn't realize you were such a bushbot! LOL!!!

Libs are such fools.

If bush was such a messiah, he wouldn't have finished up his term with such a crap approval rating and repubs wouldn't have gotten such a beating in the last 2 elections.

He lost many conservatives in his last term, you morons.

But nice try at deflecting from Obama's failures.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back