Another Good Book

HAHAHA. Good book, my big fat white butt. Another hate-whitey book is what it is. Fact is slavery was the best thing that ever happened to the black race. Even poor american blacks have a far better life than the average african does today. Thanks to all the welfare and affirmative action that us whites give blacks.

Why whites apologize for slavery is beyond me. We should demand blacks thank us for enslaving their ancestors.

LOL, thanks for proving my point!

Many people don't realize that whites were enslaved as well. Oliver Twist will shed some light on the conditions.

True, the only difference I can see so far was that they (white slaves) were freed after they served either their indentured servant term or prison term.

The major difference that I see is that when black slavery was abolished, the institution of Jim Crow took it's place, to ensure that former slaves stayed in a socially inferior status, and was not totally outlawed in every state until 1965.

What Was Jim Crow?

Jim Crow was the name of the racial caste system which operated primarily, but not exclusively in southern and border states, between 1877 and the mid-1960s. Jim Crow was more than a series of rigid anti-black laws. It was a way of life. Under Jim Crow, African Americans were relegated to the status of second class citizens. Jim Crow represented the legitimization of anti-black racism.

Many Christian ministers and theologians taught that whites were the Chosen people, blacks were cursed to be servants, and God supported racial segregation. Craniologists, eugenicists, phrenologists, and Social Darwinists, at every educational level, buttressed the belief that blacks were innately intellectually and culturally inferior to whites. Pro-segregation politicians gave eloquent speeches on the great danger of integration: the mongrelization of the white race.

Newspaper and magazine writers routinely referred to blacks as *******, coons, and darkies; and worse, their articles reinforced anti-black stereotypes. Even children's games portrayed blacks as inferior beings (see "From Hostility to Reverence: 100 Years of African-American Imagery in Games"). All major societal institutions reflected and supported the oppression of blacks.

The Jim Crow system was undergirded by the following beliefs or rationalizations: whites were superior to blacks in all important ways, including but not limited to intelligence, morality, and civilized behavior; sexual relations between blacks and whites would produce a mongrel race which would destroy America; treating blacks as equals would encourage interracial sexual unions; any activity which suggested social equality encouraged interracial sexual relations; if necessary, violence must be used to keep blacks at the bottom of the racial hierarchy.

The following Jim Crow etiquette norms show how inclusive and pervasive these norms were:

A black male could not offer his hand (to shake hands) with a white male because it implied being socially equal. Obviously, a black male could not offer his hand or any other part of his body to a white woman, because he risked being accused of rape.

Blacks and whites were not supposed to eat together. If they did eat together, whites were to be served first, and some sort of partition was to be placed between them.

Under no circumstance was a black male to offer to light the cigarette of a white female -- that gesture implied intimacy.

Blacks were not allowed to show public affection toward one another in public, especially kissing, because it offended whites.

Jim Crow etiquette prescribed that blacks were introduced to whites, never whites to blacks. For example: "Mr. Peters (the white person), this is Charlie (the black person), that I spoke to you about."

Whites did not use courtesy titles of respect when referring to blacks, for example, Mr., Mrs., Miss., Sir, or Ma'am. Instead, blacks were called by their first names. Blacks had to use courtesy titles when referring to whites, and were not allowed to call them by their first names.

If a black person rode in a car driven by a white person, the black person sat in the back seat, or the back of a truck.

White motorists had the right-of-way at all intersections.
Stetson Kennedy, the author of Jim Crow Guide (1990), offered these simple rules that blacks were supposed to observe in conversing with whites:

Never assert or even intimate that a white person is lying.
Never impute dishonorable intentions to a white person.
Never suggest that a white person is from an inferior class.
Never lay claim to, or overly demonstrate, superior knowledge or intelligence.
Never curse a white person.
Never laugh derisively at a white person.
Never comment upon the appearance of a white female.

What was Jim Crow

Yep, I think it evolved from the "Black Codes".
Black Codes (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[

The major difference that I see is that when black slavery was abolished, the institution of Jim Crow took it's place, to ensure that former slaves stayed in a socially inferior status, and was not totally outlawed in every state until 1965.

What Was Jim Crow?

Jim Crow was the name of the racial caste system which operated primarily, but not exclusively in southern and border states, between 1877 and the mid-1960s. Jim Crow was more than a series of rigid anti-black laws. It was a way of life. Under Jim Crow, African Americans were relegated to the status of second class citizens. Jim Crow represented the legitimization of anti-black racism.

And now we live in the Jim Swan era where whites have no rights thanks to affirmative action. If you're white you are constantly profiled and told - "you can't have this job or this scholarship or go to this college. And you certainly can't say anything bad about blacks though they can accuse you at will."

LOL, thanks for your "intellectual" contribution to this thread! I thought that people with your mindset are always crying about "the Blacks" being on welfare and unemployed, now you are trying to state that they are taking your jobs. In short, it can't be both, so which one is it?

HAHAHA. Good book, my big fat white butt. Another hate-whitey book is what it is. Fact is slavery was the best thing that ever happened to the black race. Even poor american blacks have a far better life than the average african does today. Thanks to all the welfare and affirmative action that us whites give blacks.

Why whites apologize for slavery is beyond me. We should demand blacks thank us for enslaving their ancestors.

Therein lies your problem. If you got off of your "big fat butt" and tried to make something out of yourself, instead of whining over being a "victim of Affirmative Action", you would probably be a less bitter waste of human flesh and oxygen.

"To despise a fellow-being, or attach a degree of inferiority to him, merely on account of his complexion, or any other external peculiarity which may have been conferred upon him, is to arraign the wisdom of the Allwise Creator, and, consequently, an offence in the Divine sight."

It looks like they knew about SS's type way back in 1848! :lol:

This book has a pretty even handed historical approach, it was published in 1897. You can see that some of the sociology of race and our society is pretty similar in some ways today to how it was in the previous century. You can also see the similarity of the bigots from yesteryear and what they said about "The Blacks" to the bigots who continually post demeaning stuff about "The Blacks" today.
P. Thomas Stanford (Peter Thomas). The Tragedy of the Negro in America: a Condensed History of the Enslavement, Sufferings, Emancipation, Present Condition and Progress of the Negro Race in the United States of America.

You can see how certain systems directly evolved from slavery and the emancipation of Black people. this comes to mind from the book:
Convict lease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My conclusion is that it takes a long time for a group of people who were enslaved for hundreds of years and then persecuted and discriminated against after they were emancipated for at least another hundred years, to just "get over it" and overcome the psychological baggage that has been handed down from generation to generation.

What other race or group of people have endured such a system of oppression and have made the gains that Black people have made in this country? How have Native Americans endured? They were displaced from their land, but they also had more rights in the South than the Blacks did.

Some people have made a reference to "Free Blacks" upon on some of my readings it shows that they weren't very "free" at all. No right to bear arms was enjoyed like it was by his fellow white free men, the right to vote was also not on par, etc. etc., etc............
Atticus G. Haygood (Atticus Greene), 1839-1896. Our Brother in Black: His Freedom and His Future.

I didn't post this to excuse bad behavior by anyone, I posted this to give people a certain perspective and reflection upon how we are where we are at today.

And yet Asian, Indian, Jews, and African immigrants one generation away from absolute poverty out perform the African American demographic every time. Why?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_bKJ11O0M]Thomas Sowell - Culture Matters - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
If slavery and Jim Crow are responsible for black stupidity, crime, and illegitimacy, why did black moral behavior become much worse after the civil rights legislation was passed? Why have black academic performance and black test scores hardly improved at all?

Why do so many blacks behave and perform like dangerous and inferior sub humans when we are spending so much money and trying so hard to bring them up to our level?

And yet Asian, Indian, Jews, and African immigrants one generation away from absolute poverty out perform the African American demographic every time. Why?

Thomas Sowell - Culture Matters - YouTube

They outperform the African American demographic every time because they have better genes.

I don't think genetics has anything to do with it. Study Confucianism which is still largely imbedded in many Asian cultures. In Confucianism, the highest class is the academic class, followed by the farmer and the businessman. In any case, they value education much more than other cultures.

Forum List

Back