Another Good Month On The Jobs Front...unemployment Drops To 5.9%

As for the deficit being cut in half? That's taking place because Congress won't let Barry spend the money that he wanted do...not because of Obama's fiscal restraint! The Sequester has done more to shrink the deficit and that only came about because of the total inability of this President to craft bipartisan legislation.

Last edited:
Clinton had a Republican Congress and an unprecedented boom in the dotcom bubble that went south shortly after he left office. Unlike Obama, Clinton paid attention to the Congress and negotiated and compromised.

Sure, must have been why GOPers shut doiwn the Gov't, TWICE and impeached Clinton

The economy was good, IN SPITE of GOP nonsense, AFTER Clinton's/Dems first surplus the GOP passed a $700+ billion tax cut Clinton had to veto to get 3 more, then Dubya came in and had 6 years of GOP Congress to fuck EVERYTHING up!

I don't think the current Republicans have the solution, but have you noticed the correlation of an increase in Republican representative political power under a Democratic President and an improving economy? Think about it.

Republicans took the House of Representatives in 1994 and then the dot-com boom fueled a huge growth spurt. Republicans took the House of Representatives in 2010 and the Great Recession bottomed out. Republican Presidents don't seem to have much of a sustaining force in growth and Republican Presidents with Republican Majorities in the House are just dangerous (boom and bust). But pure Democratic control doesn't work either (unless you think Obamacare has been great for the economy, in which case you are delusional). What do you think?

The hard part is figuring out the party from the person. Was Obama a good President? I don't think so. He was adequate. Was Bush a good President? I thought he was slightly better than adequate 5 years into his term and then things went sour. I think he got a lot of his job right but got a lot of it wrong.

We don't know how things are going to go on Obama's way out after a major party shift but I'm sure the partisans of the left are going to blame it on the November elections, just as the partisans on the right blame the November 2006 elections.

We saw what happened when the Republicans controlled the Presidency, House and Senate. We also saw what happened when the Democrats controlled those three. Neither were good.

"but have you noticed the correlation of an increase in Republican representative political power under a Democratic President and an improving economy? Think about it."

lol, SERIOUSLY? If you were HONEST, you'd recognize the effects of the stimulus and GOOD GOV'T policy instituted and steered by Obama. PLEASE give me ANYTHING the GOPers passed in Congress that could be tied to improving the economy? ALL they did was wack spending whjich slowed down the recovery, ALL to attempt to make Obama a 1 termer. Their 'austerity' failed EVERYWHERE it was tried!!!

All I have to do is look at the results projected when there weren't any Republicans in power and the result of those policies.

Did it work?

No.

LOL, COMPARED TO WHAT? YOU MEAN IT WAS PREFERABLE TO THE ECONOMY DUMPING 9%+ LIKE DUBYA'S LAST QUARTER?

In a survey conducted by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 80 percent of economic experts agreed that, because of the stimulus, the U.S. unemployment rate was lower at the end of 2010 than it would have been otherwise.

"Only 4 percent disagreed or strongly disagreed," CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf told the House Budget Committee. "That," he added, "is a distinct minority."

CBO Director Demolishes GOP s Stimulus Myth

Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs

Economists agree Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com

Weird you REALLY can't be honest and understand how much Prez policy REALLY matters and how the GOP has hosed US for 30+ years

I remember the dot-com boom and I remember Democrats calling Bob Dole delusional for predicting 15% GDP growth from it if government would just get out of the way and make it happen. I even remember Sen. Sam Nunn telling a whole room full of people that it was a funny inside joke in Washington when Clinton took credit for the boom he did nothing to create.

See that's the difference, I don't think it's a good idea to put the President in charge of the economy.

"The deficit has come down, and I give the Clinton Administration and President Clinton himself a lot of credit for that. [He] did something about it, fast. And I think we are seeing some benefits."
Paul Volcker, Federal Reserve Board Chairman (1979-1987), in Audacity, Fall 1994

"Clinton’s 1993 budget cuts, which reduced projected red ink by more than $400 billion over five years, sparked a major drop in interest rates that helped boost investment in all the equipment and systems that brought forth the New Age economy of technological innovation and rising productivity."
Business Week, May 19, 1997

One of the reasons Goldman Sachs cites for the "best economy ever" is that "on the policy side, trade, fiscal, and monetary policies have been excellent, working in ways that have facilitated growth without inflation. The Clinton Administration has worked to liberalize trade and has used any revenue windfalls to reduce the federal budget deficit."
Goldman Sachs, March 1998

It's like conservatives arguing the GOP gave US the 4 surpluses under Clinton, even though they were a result of Clinton/Dems cutting almost $500 billion in spending and increasing taxes in 1993, where not a single GOPer voted for it. After Clinton's first surplus the GOP passed a $700+ billion tax cut that Clinton had to veto to get 3 more. Then Dubya came into office and we saw what happens!

I'm aware of partisans who think that it's a coincidence that the economy took off after the liberal big spenders got some temperance. That didn't work out in 2009-2010 when you folks had the House, Senate and the Presidency. It didn't work in 1993-1994 either.

Mind you, the short term expansion of the Republican trifecta in 2002-2007 didn't work either.

Weird, you'd think ONCE you'd be honest. Yes, it doesn't matter how wide or deep Dubya drove the economy into the ground and took US from nearly 21% of GDP in revenues to 15% AND had 2 UNFUNDED wars and UNFUNDED Medicare expansion ALONG with his 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts. Fukkking lying POS

"My colleagues and I have been very appreciative of your [President Clinton’s] support of the Fed over the years, and your commitment to fiscal discipline has been instrumental in achieving what in a few weeks will be the longest economic expansion in the nation’s history."
Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve Board Chairman, January 4, 2000, with President Clinton at Chairman Greenspan’s re-nomination announcement

YEAH, IT WASN'T THE FISCAL DISCIPLINE OF THE DEMS IN THE 1990'S OR THE FAILURE OF THE SAME OF THE GOP IN THE 2000'S

GOP has went so far right, they are trying to 'starve the beast' and play up to the libertarians, which I assume you are one. That libertarian crap NEVER works ANYWHERE it's ever been tried, it's just myths and fairy tales!

You just tipped your hand. You're playing last decade's game, the culture war. Good luck with that. Yes, I'm a Libertarian but I'm not a partisan. I won't be voting party over vision. Although with the current demographics you should be a little more savvy and encourage a right of center Libertarian to vote along party lines instead of trying to convince me to believe in your dreck.

ONE state or nation to EVER successfully use that garbage? lol

How did the Banksters watch out for their own corps during Dubya's subprime bubble? Those with little regulation, or where regulation existed but was largely ignored by Dubya was where the problem came from right?

"I made a mistake in presuming that the self-interests of organisations, specifically banks and others, were such that they were best capable of protecting their own shareholders and their equity in the firms," said Allan Greenspan.

Greenspan - I was wrong about the economy. Sort of Business The Guardian

Dubya adequate huh? I guess 2% growth over his first 7 years (Stopping end of 2007), allowing the US household debt to double with his cheering on the subprime Banksters, ignoring at least 19 warnings about 9/11, his 2 UNFUNDED wars (one on false premises), 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts DURING wars, UNFUNDED Medicare expansion then the biggest recession since Coolidge/Harding's depression. Yeah, I could see how you would see him as 'slightly better than adequate'

If your choice was anything close to Bush you wouldn't have to bring up all the talking points about how this isn't Obama's fault. If your choice and your movement had any substance you wouldn't have to excuse the lackluster "recovery" with all sorts of justifications about how the previous administration fucked things up (which coincidentally started with your party taking control of the House of Representatives).

You can blame Bush all you want, but your side promised results far beyond what your side has been able to deliver. At least there was a period of prosperity under Bush. Yes it was short-lived and yes it crashed (as markets tend to do from time to time) but there in so little prosperity under Obama that it's not even a promise by your side anymore. You have no plan and you have no results. You have "we're not as bad as the other guy."

A funny developement (in the cosmic sense) is that your side, the anti-war side, fucked up the withdrawal so much that we're going back into war in an election year! You folks are so anti-war but you lack the resolve to actually BE anti-war.

You folks are so grasping that literally everything wrong in the 6 years of your leader is the fault of Bush. It's almost like he's still in charge since your choice can't seem to get control. Not too shabby for the person you think is an idiot, huh? Maybe you folks on the far left just don't know how to govern.

Weird YOU claim 'my side', presumably you mean the Dems, as I am an Independent who hates you fukkking conservatives, fukked things up when they took power. PLEASE give me the bills they passed that changed Dubya's policies? Pretty please

Weird you consider 2% growth a year over Dubya's first 7 years, with EVERYTHING put on the credit card, going to a war on false premises that fukkked everything up in the middle east, 'successful'? lol

RECOVERY? Oh right from Dubya'sGOP policies. Weird how conservatives/libertarians are NEVER honest

How many boots are going to be on the ground again?

We already know what economic policies work best for our country. Clinton knew that we had to cut spending and increase revenues. We had revenues of 20.6% of GDP and a surplus in 2000. Then something terrible happened, the Republicans gained complete control in 2001 and instead of sticking with what was working they decided that their ideology was more important. The debt has gone up $12 trillion since then.

Newt Gingrich and the Conservatives in the House dragged Clinton, kicking and screaming all the way to a pseudo balanced budget. I believe the Democrats controlled the House,the Senate and the Presidency for a number of years between 2001 and today. Even you may know that

Yes, YOUR guess, AND you Klowns said the same about the clean air, water, EPA, etc...

Since the EPA was something Nixon gave us that's about as stupid an argument as you've made yet!

Weird how the GOP fought it right?

Nixon created the EPA by executive order in 1970 as a sop to the anti-Vietanm war left — not because he thought an EPA was needed.

Nixon reassigned to the EPA the ongoing environmental protection activities of other federal agencies.

So Nixon’s move was little more than a cynical bureaucratic reshuffling done to facilitate his Vietnam policies — not some proud legacy of the Republican party.

Myth Nixon created the EPA to help the environment JunkScience.com

Where do you get this nonsense? Nixon couldn't have cared LESS about the anti-Vietnam war left! You get more and more idiotic with each post in this string!

And yet he promised them he would get us out of Vietnam, and he did.

Come on, Oro...if you know anything about Richard Nixon you know that he wasn't doing things back then to appease the far Left! He took us out of Vietnam because it had become obvious that we were not going to "win" that war.

In fact, he met with the left on several occasions and let them air their grievances; the primary one was getting the U.S. out of Vietnam. He made it his campaign promise. He also compromised on the environment, to such an extent that he created the EPA you right wingers love to hate so much. The fact of the matter is that Richard Nixon was far more compromising than any conservative alive today.

How does me stating a fact equal rooting for the economy to fail? We all know you're not rooting for the economy, you're rooting for Obama.

I find it odd that the same conservatives who were telling us that the unemployment rate was the most important economic factor in Obamas first term are now telling us that the Labor Participation Rate is now the most important factor

You are aware that the Labor Participation Rate has been dropping for 15 years aren't you?

Whqt are you saying? The labor partician later does count anymore? The fact is a smaller percentage of Americans are working today then when Obozo took office.

What I am saying is that conservatives paid no attention to the Labor Participation Rate when it was plummeting under Bush

Why? Because it has been expected to drop for the last 50 years. Baby boomers are retiring and dropping out of the workforce

Stop being an ass Rocko and be glad that we had good employment numbers last month

Forget about republican and Democrat for a second, when looking at something as complex as the economy it's foolish to believe that one indicator tells the whole story. Now politically, it was stupid for the Republicans to put all their eggs in one basket with the unemployment numbers, but that doesn't change the fact that we are worse off since Obozo took office.

Unemployment has dropped over 4% under Obama. How is that not better?

Since 2007 full-time jobs are actually down by 1.6 million, while part-time jobs have grown by 2.7 million.

Sure, must have been why GOPers shut doiwn the Gov't, TWICE and impeached Clinton

The economy was good, IN SPITE of GOP nonsense, AFTER Clinton's/Dems first surplus the GOP passed a $700+ billion tax cut Clinton had to veto to get 3 more, then Dubya came in and had 6 years of GOP Congress to fuck EVERYTHING up!

I don't think the current Republicans have the solution, but have you noticed the correlation of an increase in Republican representative political power under a Democratic President and an improving economy? Think about it.

Republicans took the House of Representatives in 1994 and then the dot-com boom fueled a huge growth spurt. Republicans took the House of Representatives in 2010 and the Great Recession bottomed out. Republican Presidents don't seem to have much of a sustaining force in growth and Republican Presidents with Republican Majorities in the House are just dangerous (boom and bust). But pure Democratic control doesn't work either (unless you think Obamacare has been great for the economy, in which case you are delusional). What do you think?

The hard part is figuring out the party from the person. Was Obama a good President? I don't think so. He was adequate. Was Bush a good President? I thought he was slightly better than adequate 5 years into his term and then things went sour. I think he got a lot of his job right but got a lot of it wrong.

We don't know how things are going to go on Obama's way out after a major party shift but I'm sure the partisans of the left are going to blame it on the November elections, just as the partisans on the right blame the November 2006 elections.

We saw what happened when the Republicans controlled the Presidency, House and Senate. We also saw what happened when the Democrats controlled those three. Neither were good.

"but have you noticed the correlation of an increase in Republican representative political power under a Democratic President and an improving economy? Think about it."

lol, SERIOUSLY? If you were HONEST, you'd recognize the effects of the stimulus and GOOD GOV'T policy instituted and steered by Obama. PLEASE give me ANYTHING the GOPers passed in Congress that could be tied to improving the economy? ALL they did was wack spending whjich slowed down the recovery, ALL to attempt to make Obama a 1 termer. Their 'austerity' failed EVERYWHERE it was tried!!!

All I have to do is look at the results projected when there weren't any Republicans in power and the result of those policies.

Did it work?

No.

LOL, COMPARED TO WHAT? YOU MEAN IT WAS PREFERABLE TO THE ECONOMY DUMPING 9%+ LIKE DUBYA'S LAST QUARTER?

In a survey conducted by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 80 percent of economic experts agreed that, because of the stimulus, the U.S. unemployment rate was lower at the end of 2010 than it would have been otherwise.

"Only 4 percent disagreed or strongly disagreed," CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf told the House Budget Committee. "That," he added, "is a distinct minority."

CBO Director Demolishes GOP s Stimulus Myth

Weird you REALLY can't be honest and understand how much Prez policy REALLY matters and how the GOP has hosed US for 30+ years

I remember the dot-com boom and I remember Democrats calling Bob Dole delusional for predicting 15% GDP growth from it if government would just get out of the way and make it happen. I even remember Sen. Sam Nunn telling a whole room full of people that it was a funny inside joke in Washington when Clinton took credit for the boom he did nothing to create.

See that's the difference, I don't think it's a good idea to put the President in charge of the economy.

"The deficit has come down, and I give the Clinton Administration and President Clinton himself a lot of credit for that. [He] did something about it, fast. And I think we are seeing some benefits."
Paul Volcker, Federal Reserve Board Chairman (1979-1987), in Audacity, Fall 1994

"Clinton’s 1993 budget cuts, which reduced projected red ink by more than $400 billion over five years, sparked a major drop in interest rates that helped boost investment in all the equipment and systems that brought forth the New Age economy of technological innovation and rising productivity."

One of the reasons Goldman Sachs cites for the "best economy ever" is that "on the policy side, trade, fiscal, and monetary policies have been excellent, working in ways that have facilitated growth without inflation. The Clinton Administration has worked to liberalize trade and has used any revenue windfalls to reduce the federal budget deficit."
Goldman Sachs, March 1998

It's like conservatives arguing the GOP gave US the 4 surpluses under Clinton, even though they were a result of Clinton/Dems cutting almost $500 billion in spending and increasing taxes in 1993, where not a single GOPer voted for it. After Clinton's first surplus the GOP passed a $700+ billion tax cut that Clinton had to veto to get 3 more. Then Dubya came into office and we saw what happens!

I'm aware of partisans who think that it's a coincidence that the economy took off after the liberal big spenders got some temperance. That didn't work out in 2009-2010 when you folks had the House, Senate and the Presidency. It didn't work in 1993-1994 either.

Mind you, the short term expansion of the Republican trifecta in 2002-2007 didn't work either.

Weird, you'd think ONCE you'd be honest. Yes, it doesn't matter how wide or deep Dubya drove the economy into the ground and took US from nearly 21% of GDP in revenues to 15% AND had 2 UNFUNDED wars and UNFUNDED Medicare expansion ALONG with his 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts. Fukkking lying POS

"My colleagues and I have been very appreciative of your [President Clinton’s] support of the Fed over the years, and your commitment to fiscal discipline has been instrumental in achieving what in a few weeks will be the longest economic expansion in the nation’s history."
Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve Board Chairman, January 4, 2000, with President Clinton at Chairman Greenspan’s re-nomination announcement

YEAH, IT WASN'T THE FISCAL DISCIPLINE OF THE DEMS IN THE 1990'S OR THE FAILURE OF THE SAME OF THE GOP IN THE 2000'S

GOP has went so far right, they are trying to 'starve the beast' and play up to the libertarians, which I assume you are one. That libertarian crap NEVER works ANYWHERE it's ever been tried, it's just myths and fairy tales!

You just tipped your hand. You're playing last decade's game, the culture war. Good luck with that. Yes, I'm a Libertarian but I'm not a partisan. I won't be voting party over vision. Although with the current demographics you should be a little more savvy and encourage a right of center Libertarian to vote along party lines instead of trying to convince me to believe in your dreck.

ONE state or nation to EVER successfully use that garbage? lol

How did the Banksters watch out for their own corps during Dubya's subprime bubble? Those with little regulation, or where regulation existed but was largely ignored by Dubya was where the problem came from right?

"I made a mistake in presuming that the self-interests of organisations, specifically banks and others, were such that they were best capable of protecting their own shareholders and their equity in the firms," said Allan Greenspan.

Greenspan - I was wrong about the economy. Sort of Business The Guardian

Dubya adequate huh? I guess 2% growth over his first 7 years (Stopping end of 2007), allowing the US household debt to double with his cheering on the subprime Banksters, ignoring at least 19 warnings about 9/11, his 2 UNFUNDED wars (one on false premises), 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts DURING wars, UNFUNDED Medicare expansion then the biggest recession since Coolidge/Harding's depression. Yeah, I could see how you would see him as 'slightly better than adequate'

If your choice was anything close to Bush you wouldn't have to bring up all the talking points about how this isn't Obama's fault. If your choice and your movement had any substance you wouldn't have to excuse the lackluster "recovery" with all sorts of justifications about how the previous administration fucked things up (which coincidentally started with your party taking control of the House of Representatives).

You can blame Bush all you want, but your side promised results far beyond what your side has been able to deliver. At least there was a period of prosperity under Bush. Yes it was short-lived and yes it crashed (as markets tend to do from time to time) but there in so little prosperity under Obama that it's not even a promise by your side anymore. You have no plan and you have no results. You have "we're not as bad as the other guy."

A funny developement (in the cosmic sense) is that your side, the anti-war side, fucked up the withdrawal so much that we're going back into war in an election year! You folks are so anti-war but you lack the resolve to actually BE anti-war.

You folks are so grasping that literally everything wrong in the 6 years of your leader is the fault of Bush. It's almost like he's still in charge since your choice can't seem to get control. Not too shabby for the person you think is an idiot, huh? Maybe you folks on the far left just don't know how to govern.

Weird YOU claim 'my side', presumably you mean the Dems, as I am an Independent who hates you fukkking conservatives, fukked things up when they took power. PLEASE give me the bills they passed that changed Dubya's policies? Pretty please

Weird you consider 2% growth a year over Dubya's first 7 years, with EVERYTHING put on the credit card, going to a war on false premises that fukkked everything up in the middle east, 'successful'? lol

RECOVERY? Oh right from Dubya'sGOP policies. Weird how conservatives/libertarians are NEVER honest

How many boots are going to be on the ground again?

We already know what economic policies work best for our country. Clinton knew that we had to cut spending and increase revenues. We had revenues of 20.6% of GDP and a surplus in 2000. Then something terrible happened, the Republicans gained complete control in 2001 and instead of sticking with what was working they decided that their ideology was more important. The debt has gone up $12 trillion since then.

Newt Gingrich and the Conservatives in the House dragged Clinton, kicking and screaming all the way to a pseudo balanced budget. I believe the Democrats controlled the House,the Senate and the Presidency for a number of years between 2001 and today. Even you may know that

Weird, why AFTER Clinton's FIRST surplus did the GOP pass a $700+ billion tax cut that Clinton had to veto to get 3 more?

NOTER THAT DATE? It wa the 1993 budget bill not ONE single GOPers voted for! It cut the deficit by almost $500 billion and increased tax revenues.

Wingnut, the stimulus had ONE purpose, to stop US from going into ANOTHER GOP great depression, it worked, though it was too small

Weird, how'd the US do with Dubya's UNFUNDED (cutting spending) tax cuts? Oh right, 8 years later the US had lost over 1,000,000+ PRIVATE sector jobs

Neo-Liberalism/Conservatives is/has destroyed the American Economy in favor of the so called "Job Creator"... In reality are "Job Exporters"...

The only reason the American economy is stalled is because the GOTP kicks the leg from under it, every time the economy begins to recover in the name of cutting the deficit

The problem with the conservative movement in America is that it is based on bigotry, hatred, and, greed. Above all, greed. Money is their god. They worship money and the holders of it and despise those who don't have it.

"Dynastic wealth, the enemy of a meritocracy, is on the rise. Equality of opportunity has been on the decline. A progressive and meaningful estate tax is needed to curb the movement of a democracy toward plutocracy." Warren Buffett

TARP kept the economy from going into another Great Depression...the Obama Stimulus simply spent nearly a trillion dollars taking care of Obama supporters like Public Sector Unions and "Green Energy" companies while it left the Private Sector twisting in the wind.

And if the stimulus REALLY "worked"...then why did the Obama Administration have to come up with a new measurement "jobs created or saved" instead of using the existing one that measured how many jobs were created? The answer to that is obvious! They spent ALL that money and didn't come close to creating the jobs they said they would. They resorted to the "jobs created or saved" scam to hide how badly the stimulus was at creating jobs.

CBO Director Demolishes GOP's Stimulus Myth

Under questioning from skeptical Republicans, the director of the nonpartisan (and widely respected) Congressional Budget Office was emphatic about the value of the 2009 stimulus. And, he said, the vast majority of economists agree.

Based on what data? I love how the left creates this "would have been" data that doesn't exist to try and justify this kind of wasted spending below.

$150 Million - for the SmithsonianMuseum. Are additional rooms really necessary at this time?
$75 Million - for "smoking cessation activities"
$25 million - for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction
$200 Million - to fund the LEASE of alternative energy vehicles for the use on military installations. They are soldiers who march from building to building, and Michelle Obama has also held the need for MORE people to be physically fit.
$88 Million - for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Services. I wouldn't think of renovating my OWN house until I knew I could afford it
$160 Million - for "paid volunteers" ... at the Corporation for National and community Service If they are paid they are not volunteers, they are called employees.
$5.5 Million - for "energy efficiencyinitiatives" at the Department of Veteran Affairs National Cemetery Administration. Electric hearses?? .. or are we talking about electric lawn mowers here?

This is but a few areas of the kind of jobs and "much needed" spending was supposedly necessary to help improve the economy - lol

It's no surprise that the administration would proclaim its own policies a success. But its verdict is backed by economists at Goldman Sachs, IHS Global Insight, JPMorgan Chase and Macroeconomic Advisers, who say the stimulus boosted gross domestic product by 2.1% to 2.7%.

NEXT TALKING POINT? LOL

Part time jobs and college grads working high school jobs, doesn't make a strong economy

Dad2three said:
You seriously arguing the stimulus didn't keep US out ogf ANOTHER GOP great depression? lol

In 1980 the top 1% earned 8.5% of total income. In 2007 they earned 23%.

In 1980 the bottom 90% earned 68% of total income. In 2007 they earned 53%.

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

The Republican Party hasn't had a single idea that benefited the majority of Americans since before Reagan.

Keynes wrote "The End of Laissez Faire" in 1926. He was correct then, and his insight remains more valid than any economics that conservative Libertarians propound ad infinitum and ad nauseum. Laissez Faire is nothing more than a childish Christmas wish of no substance; just hope and myth, and smoke and mirrors. Fails every time we try even the tiniest bit.

Again, may I remind you of the facts regarding the current economy AFTER the stimulus, AFTER unemployment extensions, AFTER the trickle up theory.

46% of college grads are underemployed at jobs that don't require a degree.

September employment numbers indicate 7.1 million are involuntarily working part-time for economic reasons (little change from a month ago)

Household income of American families is lower now, adjusted for inflation, than when efforts for a recovery began.

Yes ... that is household income is lower NOW after all the BILLIONS spent on the stimulus and unemployment extensions. People forced to settle with part-time employment when they rather work full-time AFTER the stimulus, 46% of grads are UNDERemployed even AFTER the stimulus.

The results speaks for themselves pretty clear.

Yes, the GOP put US in a WIDE and deep hole. Weird Dubyaa lost 1,000,000+ PRIVATE sector jobs in 8 years, had a 2% growth rate the first seven years, allowed and cheered on the US households to double their debt in the first 7 years, cheered on the Banksters subprime ponzi scheme, took US to Korean war level revenues (15% of GDP) after Clinton got US back up to Carters nearly 21% , gave the 'job creators' a HUGE tax break to create prosperity and jobs. How did that work out?

YES, 'JOB CREATORS' LOWEST SUSTAINED EFFECTIVE TAX BURDEN IN 80+ YEARS ISN'T WORKING TO CREATE GOOD JOBS. Time to go back to the policies that did. HIGH TAXES THAT STIMULATED THE 'JOB CREATORS' TO EXPAND IN THE US, PAY BETTER WAGS AND THEM ACTUALLY GROWING THE ECONOMY versus the disaster capitalism the US has used since Ronnie!

Results? Yes, 10+ million jobs created since Obamacares passed Feb 2010

Yes, part-time and lower career paying jobs working at Walmart or as a waitress. A great job accomplishment for this administration you are obviously proud of.

Where are all the high paying skill jobs? What happened to this nation's great steel industry in the 40s? Yes, high corporate taxes was an awesome achievement for this country.

You really DON'T have a clue, that much is obvious, as no liberal is coming to your defense of your losing argument - is there.

As for the deficit being cut in half? That's taking place because Congress won't let Barry spend the money that he wanted do...not because of Obama's fiscal restraint! The Sequester has done more to shrink the deficit and that only came about because of the total inability of this President to craft bipartisan legislation.

lol, SERIOUSLY? PLEASE grow a brain. The deficit has NOT been cut by spending cuts BUT by the economy bringing in more tax revenues...

The sequester was Obama's idea thinking the GOP would FINALLY come to their senses. Boy was he wrong

CBO projects that sequestration will reduce the deficit by $42 billion in fiscal year 2013 and that this year’s sequestration and automatic spending reductions next year will reduce the deficit by $89 billion in fiscal year 2014. REALLY? THAT'S MORE? LOL

Republicans/TP are using the old Goebbels tactics, if you repeat a lie often enough it will eventually become a truth in the minds of the ones already pre disposed to believe it, ie the low info voter that makes up the majority of the GOP/TP base

I find it odd that the same conservatives who were telling us that the unemployment rate was the most important economic factor in Obamas first term are now telling us that the Labor Participation Rate is now the most important factor

You are aware that the Labor Participation Rate has been dropping for 15 years aren't you?

Whqt are you saying? The labor partician later does count anymore? The fact is a smaller percentage of Americans are working today then when Obozo took office.

What I am saying is that conservatives paid no attention to the Labor Participation Rate when it was plummeting under Bush

Why? Because it has been expected to drop for the last 50 years. Baby boomers are retiring and dropping out of the workforce

Stop being an ass Rocko and be glad that we had good employment numbers last month

Forget about republican and Democrat for a second, when looking at something as complex as the economy it's foolish to believe that one indicator tells the whole story. Now politically, it was stupid for the Republicans to put all their eggs in one basket with the unemployment numbers, but that doesn't change the fact that we are worse off since Obozo took office.

Since 2007 full-time jobs are actually down by 1.6 million, while part-time jobs have grown by 2.7 million.

You saying Dubya hosed US? Since Obama came in there has been the opposite effect

Jul 14 2014

Here's What Obama's 'Part-Time America' Really Looks Like

The president's critics love this talking point. But since 2010, full-time jobs are up 7.6 million, and part-time jobs have declined by more than 900,000.

a62cc7934.png

Here s What Obama s Part-Time America Really Looks Like - The Atlantic

The Spectacular Myth of Obama's Part-Time America—in 5 Graphs

full-time-versus-part-time-hires-1.png

The Spectacular Myth of Obama s Part-Time America mdash in 5 Graphs - The Atlantic

TARP kept the economy from going into another Great Depression...the Obama Stimulus simply spent nearly a trillion dollars taking care of Obama supporters like Public Sector Unions and "Green Energy" companies while it left the Private Sector twisting in the wind.

And if the stimulus REALLY "worked"...then why did the Obama Administration have to come up with a new measurement "jobs created or saved" instead of using the existing one that measured how many jobs were created? The answer to that is obvious! They spent ALL that money and didn't come close to creating the jobs they said they would. They resorted to the "jobs created or saved" scam to hide how badly the stimulus was at creating jobs.

CBO Director Demolishes GOP's Stimulus Myth

Under questioning from skeptical Republicans, the director of the nonpartisan (and widely respected) Congressional Budget Office was emphatic about the value of the 2009 stimulus. And, he said, the vast majority of economists agree.

Based on what data? I love how the left creates this "would have been" data that doesn't exist to try and justify this kind of wasted spending below.

$150 Million - for the SmithsonianMuseum. Are additional rooms really necessary at this time?
$75 Million - for "smoking cessation activities"
$25 million - for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction
$200 Million - to fund the LEASE of alternative energy vehicles for the use on military installations. They are soldiers who march from building to building, and Michelle Obama has also held the need for MORE people to be physically fit.
$88 Million - for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Services. I wouldn't think of renovating my OWN house until I knew I could afford it
$160 Million - for "paid volunteers" ... at the Corporation for National and community Service If they are paid they are not volunteers, they are called employees.
$5.5 Million - for "energy efficiencyinitiatives" at the Department of Veteran Affairs National Cemetery Administration. Electric hearses?? .. or are we talking about electric lawn mowers here?

This is but a few areas of the kind of jobs and "much needed" spending was supposedly necessary to help improve the economy - lol

It's no surprise that the administration would proclaim its own policies a success. But its verdict is backed by economists at Goldman Sachs, IHS Global Insight, JPMorgan Chase and Macroeconomic Advisers, who say the stimulus boosted gross domestic product by 2.1% to 2.7%.

NEXT TALKING POINT? LOL

Part time jobs and college grads working high school jobs, doesn't make a strong economy

Dad2three said:
You seriously arguing the stimulus didn't keep US out ogf ANOTHER GOP great depression? lol

In 1980 the top 1% earned 8.5% of total income. In 2007 they earned 23%.

In 1980 the bottom 90% earned 68% of total income. In 2007 they earned 53%.

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

The Republican Party hasn't had a single idea that benefited the majority of Americans since before Reagan.

Keynes wrote "The End of Laissez Faire" in 1926. He was correct then, and his insight remains more valid than any economics that conservative Libertarians propound ad infinitum and ad nauseum. Laissez Faire is nothing more than a childish Christmas wish of no substance; just hope and myth, and smoke and mirrors. Fails every time we try even the tiniest bit.

Again, may I remind you of the facts regarding the current economy AFTER the stimulus, AFTER unemployment extensions, AFTER the trickle up theory.

46% of college grads are underemployed at jobs that don't require a degree.

September employment numbers indicate 7.1 million are involuntarily working part-time for economic reasons (little change from a month ago)

Household income of American families is lower now, adjusted for inflation, than when efforts for a recovery began.

Yes ... that is household income is lower NOW after all the BILLIONS spent on the stimulus and unemployment extensions. People forced to settle with part-time employment when they rather work full-time AFTER the stimulus, 46% of grads are UNDERemployed even AFTER the stimulus.

The results speaks for themselves pretty clear.

Yes, the GOP put US in a WIDE and deep hole. Weird Dubyaa lost 1,000,000+ PRIVATE sector jobs in 8 years, had a 2% growth rate the first seven years, allowed and cheered on the US households to double their debt in the first 7 years, cheered on the Banksters subprime ponzi scheme, took US to Korean war level revenues (15% of GDP) after Clinton got US back up to Carters nearly 21% , gave the 'job creators' a HUGE tax break to create prosperity and jobs. How did that work out?

YES, 'JOB CREATORS' LOWEST SUSTAINED EFFECTIVE TAX BURDEN IN 80+ YEARS ISN'T WORKING TO CREATE GOOD JOBS. Time to go back to the policies that did. HIGH TAXES THAT STIMULATED THE 'JOB CREATORS' TO EXPAND IN THE US, PAY BETTER WAGS AND THEM ACTUALLY GROWING THE ECONOMY versus the disaster capitalism the US has used since Ronnie!

Results? Yes, 10+ million jobs created since Obamacares passed Feb 2010

Yes, part-time and lower career paying jobs working at Walmart or as a waitress. A great job accomplishment for this administration you are obviously proud of.

Where are all the high paying skill jobs? What happened to this nation's great steel industry in the 40s? Yes, high corporate taxes was an awesome achievement for this country.

You really DON'T have a clue, that much is obvious, as no liberal is coming to your defense of your losing argument - is there.

First what makes you think I need ANYONE coming to my defense? Just because right wingers 'believe in' myths and fairy tales, doesn't make it fact.

Yes, after 8 years of Dubya/GOP 'job creator' policies, where the US lost over 1,000,000+ PRIVATE sector jobs, you want to complain about the quality of those jobs? lol

No president in US history has ever been handed such a mess as Obama inherited from the disastrous Bush administration in which the economy was in absolute free fall, the GDP plunging 9% in just one quarter. That's equivalent to THREE years of robust growth literally wiped out in three months! US foreign policy was in a shambles, and 750,000 jobs were being lost each and every month.

Just go back to Sept. of 2008 to honestly admit that Obama & company have performed a veritable miracle; we are much better off today than we should have been able to expect we would be, when viewed from the bottom of that deep chasm 6 years ago CONSIDERING THE OBSTRUCTION BY THE GOP AT EVERY STEP TOO!

Third World countries. One of the things they all had in common was a small, very rich elite, small middle class, and a large lower class. They also shared very low economic growth as a result. This has been known for at least 50 years. The US has been going in this direction for at least the last 30+ years as we have gradually de-industrialized and government policies (such as trickle down economics) have promoted the shift of wealth from the lower and middle classes to the economic elite

Since the EPA was something Nixon gave us that's about as stupid an argument as you've made yet!

Weird how the GOP fought it right?

Nixon created the EPA by executive order in 1970 as a sop to the anti-Vietanm war left — not because he thought an EPA was needed.

Nixon reassigned to the EPA the ongoing environmental protection activities of other federal agencies.

So Nixon’s move was little more than a cynical bureaucratic reshuffling done to facilitate his Vietnam policies — not some proud legacy of the Republican party.

Myth Nixon created the EPA to help the environment JunkScience.com

Where do you get this nonsense? Nixon couldn't have cared LESS about the anti-Vietnam war left! You get more and more idiotic with each post in this string!

And yet he promised them he would get us out of Vietnam, and he did.

Come on, Oro...if you know anything about Richard Nixon you know that he wasn't doing things back then to appease the far Left! He took us out of Vietnam because it had become obvious that we were not going to "win" that war.

In fact, he met with the left on several occasions and let them air their grievances; the primary one was getting the U.S. out of Vietnam. He made it his campaign promise. He also compromised on the environment, to such an extent that he created the EPA you right wingers love to hate so much. The fact of the matter is that Richard Nixon was far more compromising than any conservative alive today.

The fact is Richard Nixon was far more compromising than Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid! Most of the other Presidents of the past century have been as well! So what's your point?

Trying to contend that Nixon spent a great deal of time trying to appease the far Left back then is an amusing concept, Oro but I don't recall that being the case. By that point the vast majority of the country wanted out of Vietnam so ending the war was hardly something that Nixon did to appease the far Left.

I don't hate the EPA. I hate when environmental "zealots" use the EPA as a club to beat up businesses or whole industries that they want to see go away no matter what the cost is to the American people.

Last edited:

You saying Dubya hosed US? Since Obama came in there has been the opposite effect

Jul 14 2014

The president's critics love this talking point. But since 2010, full-time jobs are up 7.6 million, and part-time jobs have declined by more than 900,000.

a62cc7934.png

The Spectacular Myth of Obama s Part-Time America mdash in 5 Graphs - The Atlantic

lol, SERIOUSLY? PLEASE grow a brain. The deficit has NOT been cut by spending cuts BUT by the economy bringing in more tax revenues...

The sequester was Obama's idea thinking the GOP would FINALLY come to their senses. Boy was he wrong

CBO projects that sequestration will reduce the deficit by $42 billion in fiscal year 2013 and that this year’s sequestration and automatic spending reductions next year will reduce the deficit by $89 billion in fiscal year 2014. REALLY? THAT'S MORE? LOL

Republicans/TP are using the old Goebbels tactics, if you repeat a lie often enough it will eventually become a truth in the minds of the ones already pre disposed to believe it, ie the low info voter that makes up the majority of the GOP/TP base

Do you smoke crack? Huff airplane glue? How can you state that the deficit has NOT been cut by spending cuts but by the economy bringing in more tax revenues and then two paragraphs later state that sequestration will reduce the deficit by $42 billion in 2013 and $89 billion in 2014? Seriously...are you REALLY that clueless?

Hold on just a minute there Slick!
The GOP Congress said they had nothing to do with the Sequester. They said it was completely Obama's idea, they even called it the "Obamaquester." Of course, they were convinced the sequester would destroy the economy and kill jobs, but now that the economy is still growing thanks to the Stimulus and in spite of all efforts by the Tea Bag Brotherhood/GOP to sabotage it, they now suddenly want to claim the Sequester was their doing and it has saved the economy. What two-faced scum the Right is!!!!

obamaquester.jpg

The GOP Congress said they had nothing to do with the Sequester. They said it was completely Obama's idea, they even called it the "Obamaquester." Of course, they were convinced the sequester would destroy the economy and kill jobs, but now that the economy is still growing thanks to the Stimulus and in spite of all efforts by the Tea Bag Brotherhood/GOP to sabotage it, they now suddenly want to claim the Sequester was their doing and it has saved the economy. What two-faced scum the Right is!!!!

obamaquester.jpg

Didn't Democrats attack the Republicans for the sequester? The Democratic spin was the sequester would stall out the recovery? I don't mind the pointing out of hypocrisy, gee show how both sides were hypocritical, of course you being a partisan hack, you don't want honesty.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

obamaquester.jpg

Both the GOP and the Democrats were responsible for the sequester. The GOP wouldn't budge on spending cuts and the Democrats wouldn't budge on taxes. So they both blamed each other for the result. All the while Barry did what he's best at...doing nothing while pointing fingers.

To then turn around and put the deficit reductions that WERE forced by the Sequester in Obama's "plus" category is laughable. They happened because he was "leading from behind" as usual.

And with all due respect, Ed...Obama happily went along with the Sequester because he believed he COULD use his sway with the Main Stream Media to blame the GOP for it taking place and it would benefit him at the polls. It's always about politics with this guy...always has been...always will be.

Jul 14 2014

a62cc7934.png

Do you smoke crack? Huff airplane glue? How can you state that the deficit has NOT been cut by spending cuts but by the economy bringing in more tax revenues and then two paragraphs later state that sequestration will reduce the deficit by $42 billion in 2013 and $89 billion in 2014? Seriously...are you REALLY that clueless?

So you don't know the deficit has come down by $700+ billion? Which is greater, more revenues or cuts that actually slowed growth? lol

obamaquester.jpg

Didn't Democrats attack the Republicans for the sequester? The Democratic spin was the sequester would stall out the recovery? I don't mind the pointing out of hypocrisy, gee show how both sides were hypocritical, of course you being a partisan hack, you don't want honesty.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Attack? Oh you mean point out that the sequester, which was proposed by Obama was m,eant to find a compromise with the party of no, but he didn't realize they would, and did do EVERYTHING within their power to stop ANY compromise that might help the US economy while Obama was in charge. Fukkking lying POS

Yes, the sequester, according to ALL credible economists, has slowed the recovery!

Forum List

Back