187,000 jobs added in August as unemployment rises to 3.8%

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
:oops8:

Hiring unexpectedly picked up in August as employers added 187,000 jobs despite high interest rates and inflation but totals for the prior two months were revised down sharply.

The unemployment rate, which is calculated from a separate survey of households, rose from 3.5% to 3.8%, the Labor Department said Friday. That's because of a surge of Americans into the labor force, which includes people working and looking for jobs.

Economists surveyed by Bloomberg had estimated that 168,000 jobs were added.

Yet payroll growth for June and July was revised down by a whopping total of 110,000, portraying a much weaker picture of employment growth over the summer than previously thought. And job gains in August expected to be affected by several unusual crosscurrents last month, making it tough to discern if the latest numbers reflect overall hiring trends or one-offs.

U.S. inflation rate creeps higher, PCE finds, leaving Fed with more work to do​

Where's JoeB131 touting those and yesterday's core inflation numbers?

No growth Biden strikes again.

The world wonders.

People are still trying to put their lives together after that virus Trump unleashed on us on 2020.

Thank God he gave us a vaccine for it too.

Hiring unexpectedly picked up in August as employers added 187,000 jobs despite high interest rates and inflation but totals for the prior two months were revised down sharply.

The unemployment rate, which is calculated from a separate survey of households, rose from 3.5% to 3.8%, the Labor Department said Friday. That's because of a surge of Americans into the labor force, which includes people working and looking for jobs.

Economists surveyed by Bloomberg had estimated that 168,000 jobs were added.

Yet payroll growth for June and July was revised down by a whopping total of 110,000, portraying a much weaker picture of employment growth over the summer than previously thought. And job gains in August expected to be affected by several unusual crosscurrents last month, making it tough to discern if the latest numbers reflect overall hiring trends or one-offs.

U.S. inflation rate creeps higher, PCE finds, leaving Fed with more work to do​

Where's JoeB131 touting those and yesterday's core inflation numbers?

No growth Biden strikes again.

The world wonders.
They Just Lie about Everything All the Time..
so, it's Just Meaningless propaganda to me.
I BELIEVE What I am SEEING and HEARING.
the Economy is NOT DOING GOOD at all..:confused:

They Just Lie about Everything All the Time..
so, it's Just Meaningless propaganda to me.
I BELIEVE What I am SEEING and HEARING.
the Economy is NOT DOING GOOD at all..:confused:
I like how the lies are "revised". I mean if they get revised sharply down damn near every go-round why shouldn't we believe the numbers this go-round aren't bogus too?

What's really funny is how loud liberals are when these false numbers originally come out, saying how great the child molester is.

Then when they are revised DOWN by over one hundred THOUSAND jobs and unemployment going up .3%, they are SILENT.

What's really funny is how loud liberals are when these false numbers originally come out, saying how great the child molester is.

Then when they are revised DOWN by over one hundred THOUSAND jobs and unemployment going up .3%, they are SILENT.
Labor participation rate remains lowest in many many years. Dims don't want jobs they want freebies.

They've never even HEARD of the Low Workforce Participation rate!!!

Greg

Employers have a surplus of great workers to pick from.
Yeah, and they give then fewer hours to where they have to find another job to make-up for the shortfall.....Or just stay on the EBT and such.

The only jobs that seem to be full time are .gov contractor jobs that make-up 30% of the new jobs created and even most of those are temporary in nature being funded by the spending bills recently passed....When they blow though that money those jobs go away too.

A house of cards.

Labor participation rate remains lowest in many many years. Dims don't want jobs they want freebies.

The LFPR for the core working age is at its highest in a decade. Higher than any point under the previous Admin.

The overall LFPR is down due to more people being retired and fewer two income families.

1693656299826.png

Ooops?...you don't like jobs?

Where is the Wanker to kneel down and beg forgiveness for his stupidity and craven cowardice .
Everything suggests an imminent implosion and explosion .

Forum List

Back