🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another one bites the dust...Jay Carney can't take the heat anymore...

Oldstyle

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2011
It had become obvious over the past few months that Jay Carney had worn out his welcome with the White House Press Corps. What had been a "love fest" at the beginning of the Obama first term had eroded to the point where even liberal reporters were sniping at the Obama Press Secretary. Carney had the unenviable task of spinning the news on an Administration that was awash in scandals with more coming down the pipe practically each and every day.

And so Carney joins an ever growing list of Barry's finest that have tucked tail and jumped over the rail from a ship that's rapidly taking on water. Wonder if his replacement was given any choice in taking Carney's job? God knows it wasn't a job I'd want right now...

Most Press Secretaries last only 3 years. It is not a very pleasant job.
Robert Gibbs - 2009-2011
Jay Carney - 2011 -2014

President Bush
Ari Fleischer served from 2001-2003, Scott McClellan served 2003-2006, Tony Snow served 2006-2007, and Dana Perino 2007-2009.

Most Press Secretaries aren't called on to lie like Jay Carney was.

The Bush Press Secretaries had to deal with a main stream media that HATED their boss. The Obama Press Secretaries had to deal with a main stream media that LOVED their boss. Yet Obama White House Press briefings have become so nasty they occur as seldom as this Administration can get away with having them and are over as soon as is humanly possible.

Did anyone see the incredibly awkward bro hug Obama gave Carney? It was difficult to watch.

Man, if someone shoveled as much BS for me as Carney has for Barry...I'd carry them out of the room on my shoulders!

I wonder if Obama said to Carney..
Dude...No one can bullshit like you.You are the best that's ever come through here.
To which Carney replied...

Fucking Eay!

It had become obvious over the past few months that Jay Carney had worn out his welcome with the White House Press Corps. What had been a "love fest" at the beginning of the Obama first term had eroded to the point where even liberal reporters were sniping at the Obama Press Secretary. Carney had the unenviable task of spinning the news on an Administration that was awash in scandals with more coming down the pipe practically each and every day.

And so Carney joins an ever growing list of Barry's finest that have tucked tail and jumped over the rail from a ship that's rapidly taking on water. Wonder if his replacement was given any choice in taking Carney's job? God knows it wasn't a job I'd want right now...

Wrong times Wrong = Wrong.

Wrong to the power of Wrong = Wrong.

Wrong plus Wrong = Wrong.

Wrong minus Wrong = Wrong.

Jay Carney announced several months ago he would be leaving the White House.

Carney told the White House several months ago he would be leaving the White House.

Carney is leaving as he said he would.

Wrong divided by Wrong = WRONG!!!

Oh, by way YOUR FUCKING WRONG!!!!

I don't know what the pay for the job of White House Press Secretary is but it's not enough I honestly can't see why anyone would want that job.

Wrong to the power of Wrong = Wrong.

Wrong plus Wrong = Wrong.

Wrong minus Wrong = Wrong.

Jay Carney announced several months ago he would be leaving the White House.

Carney told the White House several months ago he would be leaving the White House.

Carney is leaving as he said he would.

Wrong divided by Wrong = WRONG!!!

Oh, by way YOUR FUCKING WRONG!!!!

So I'm "wrong" when I say that Jay Carney had worn thin with the White House Press Corps? Have you NOT been watching his press conferences lately? If they got much more heated, Carney would have been going out there with a chair and a whip!

I'm "wrong" when I say that the Bush Press Secretaries had to deal with a main stream media that hated their boss...while the Obama Press Secretaries got to deal with a main stream media that loved Barack Obama? That's such an obvious thing I'm amused your declaration that it's incorrect.

But I guess if your debate "skills" consist of saying someone is "Wrong" 19 times, it's probably too much to ask WHY I'm wrong?

I don't know what the pay for the job of White House Press Secretary is but it's not enough I honestly can't see why anyone would want that job.

Well, in Carney's case...his prior job was as Joe Biden's communications director. Jay probably thought becoming White House Press Secretary HAD to be easier than trying to explain the walking talking gaffe machine that our Vice President is! Little did Carney know that he was signing up to bull shit the country about a seemingly never ending string of scandals.

Robert Gibbs - 2009-2011
Jay Carney - 2011 -2014

President Bush
Ari Fleischer served from 2001-2003, Scott McClellan served 2003-2006, Tony Snow served 2006-2007, and Dana Perino 2007-2009.

Ok who was the guy under Clinton. I loved that dude. He was the guy that came out as the Unknown Press Secretary in a brown paper bag.

I loved him to death.

Here we are again! Stupid post about nothing over hatred of President Obama.
:eusa_whistle:

How imbecilic of the poster that started the thread.

Robert Gibbs - 2009-2011
Jay Carney - 2011 -2014

President Bush

Robert Gibbs - 2009-2011
Jay Carney - 2011 -2014

President Bush

Gosh, I'm sorry...does my pointing out that yet another Obama appointee is leaving annoy you for some reason? I'm going to guess that it IS annoying to you because you know I'm correct when I stated that Jay Carney had worn out his welcome with the White House Press Corps?

Some jobs require believability. Carney not longer has that. Not that it's his fault. He was placed in the unenviable position of having to mislead the Press Corps to protect his boss. So he stood behind a podium day after day and parsed words in an attempt to not tell the truth without "technically" lying.

Robert Gibbs - 2009-2011
Jay Carney - 2011 -2014

President Bush

Gosh, I'm sorry...does my pointing out that yet another Obama appointee is leaving annoy you for some reason? I'm going to guess that it IS annoying to you because you know I'm correct when I stated that Jay Carney had worn out his welcome with the White House Press Corps?

Some jobs require believability. Carney not longer has that. Not that it's his fault. He was placed in the unenviable position of having to mislead the Press Corps to protect his boss. So he stood behind a podium day after day and parsed words in an attempt to not tell the truth without "technically" lying.

ODS, bitches.

Robert Gibbs - 2009-2011
Jay Carney - 2011 -2014

President Bush

You know what? Go fuck yourself because this also started a great conversation about all the great press secretaries of the past. Left and Right.

And I got to remember Tony Snow. So fuck you. And kudos to the OP.

Ok who was the guy for Clinton? I loved that guy. I'm trying to wash up from the garden so help me out.

Mike. Mike someone. When he came out with the brown paper bag on his head I thought I would die laughing.

Forum List

Back