🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

another one unexplained

Trump kept telling Clinton she had 30 years to change things.

apparently Trump doesn't have a clue when it boils down to passing laws.

so explain how one person can pass a law, and change a law that the Government already has in place.

anybody ?

:dunno:

Just what are the job duties of Senators & Secretary of State's???

to collectively make the law by majority , not individually (Congress)

and Secretary of State (Executive) doesn't make laws

been coaching Trumps civics class ain't cha ?

No not individually, but she could have still made an impact or influenced other members.....yes? Or what about proposing new laws or changes to the existing laws? Or how they vote on the laws? What kind of things did she work for or against?

needed to pass ... 218 votes in the House and 51 in the Senate .... impact/influence that.

so explain how one person can pass a law, and change a law that the Government already has in place.

anybody ?

No not individually, but she could have still made an impact or influenced other members.....yes? Or what about proposing new laws or changes to the existing laws? Or how they vote on the laws? What kind of things did she work for or against?

needed to pass ... 218 votes in the House and 51 in the Senate .... impact/influence that.

I didn't ask about what has passed or not.......I asked what she actually worked on or how she may have voted or did she even bring anything forth to be 'hashed out'? I believe (and I could be wrong) aren't there still some type of record of who votes for what? Or who does what?

and anyone can submit an idea for a bill to any representative, including a First Lady, a senator, or someone not in office.

Correct?

If I remember correctly, the leader of the VFW, (might be one of the other veterans groups), sent an idea to his congressman regarding veterans education benefits.

It was made into a bill nearly word for word, and passed with no nays, in either house
Give it up, Trump asked Hillary a stupid question and no amount of hair splitting can make it good. Yes a past senator could write and submit a bill to the house but why if it is going to just be thrown in the trash without ever even getting a committee hearing?

It would give credence to a plank in her platform that she really does plan to lower taxes.

for now, just another wet dream that will dry up as soon as she's elected.
Whatever, it's not like you would ever vote for her anyway, and your phantom fears are less than useless to a political discussion. The fact remains that as president she can ask congress for things but tax law originates in the House which means she cannot raise anyone's taxes without them. I think it will take two more years for the house to flip back to democratic control so it's not even something to worry about in the short term. You talk like she can just raise taxes by herself, is this what you think?

anybody ?

I didn't ask about what has passed or not.......I asked what she actually worked on or how she may have voted or did she even bring anything forth to be 'hashed out'? I believe (and I could be wrong) aren't there still some type of record of who votes for what? Or who does what?

here's what you can count on ... the House and Senate Republicans voted against everything Clinton voted for.

anybody ?

And H. Clinton wasn't a Senator for 30 years either.

and anyone can submit an idea for a bill to any representative, including a First Lady, a senator, or someone not in office.

Correct?

If I remember correctly, the leader of the VFW, (might be one of the other veterans groups), sent an idea to his congressman regarding veterans education benefits.

It was made into a bill nearly word for word, and passed with no nays, in either house
Give it up, Trump asked Hillary a stupid question and no amount of hair splitting can make it good. Yes a past senator could write and submit a bill to the house but why if it is going to just be thrown in the trash without ever even getting a committee hearing?

It would give credence to a plank in her platform that she really does plan to lower taxes.

for now, just another wet dream that will dry up as soon as she's elected.
Whatever, it's not like you would ever vote for her anyway, and your phantom fears are less than useless to a political discussion. The fact remains that as president she can ask congress for things but tax law originates in the House which means she cannot raise anyone's taxes without them. I think it will take two more years for the house to flip back to democratic control so it's not even something to worry about in the short term. You talk like she can just raise taxes by herself, is this what you think?

No, I wouldn't, but not because she's a democrat.

She lacks the 'experience' everyone claims she has.

If it were Webb, or O'Malley against Trump, they would get my vote.

If it were any of the Republicans that ran, other than Carli, Cruz, Bush, Lindsey, or Rubio, I would vote vote for them.

But Carli, Cruz, Bush, Lindsey, and Rubio will never get my vote.

The only 2 that would get my vote are Kasich and Walker.

So I'm leaving this election up to the lemmings and the sheep.

I hope they have a lot of fun.

here's what you can count on ... the House and Senate Republicans voted against everything Clinton voted for.

And what did she vote for?

30 years ago when she was on the board at Walmart? .... I don't know, ask Trump.

10 + pages of her voting record/s ... now pretend you know what she voted on, and how she voted ..

The Voter's Self Defense System

and next time you need an answer to some irrelevant question, do your own homework.

Actually 30 years ago, she was First Lady of Arkansas for the second time. She's been in politics either directly or indirectly since she was 13 years old. I'm sure during all that time, she had learned early on how it works and who & what needs to be done to change laws or submit for new ones.

But this isn't about her doing it all herself where only she made or changed laws. As it's been said, she herself can't do that. But she has been in numerous positions to get them on the table for consideration. Also as it's been said, anyone can purpose laws or changes......yet she hasn't. Why? Because she takes advantage of the same laws she's bashing Dumpy for using.

It's amazing how everyone bitches about the IRS & high taxes, everyone tries to claim as many deductions or write offs as they can possibly find (and many will lie about the numbers) to get the lowest possible rate. EVERYONE from the bottom to the top........but nobody does a damn thing about fixing it. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back