Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

I tell ya what... if this school yard shooting makes a lot of people scream gun control then just wait until some mentally unbalanced piece of shit sneaks a couple of uzi's and several big ass clips into a football stadium and cuts loose. Then the nra will have no choice. Let's see a hundred people get killed all on tv-like. You know it is bound to happen. If we don't at least make an effort at finding these whackos before they can play out thier insane fantasies the public will demand and get SOME serious gun control.

If such a thing happens on any given Sunday you can kiss assault weapons, big clips and maybe anything with more amunition in it than a 6 shot revolver Bye bye.

You know it's true.

Thing is none of the weapons used were the type you just mentioned.

Why do you think guys like this choose schools or theaters, could it be they know they won't be opposed. Creating gun free zones (free kill zones) are part of the problem. Having responsible armed citizens any where and every where would be a deterrent for these types of incidents. I have a CHL and pray I never find myself in a position where my gun would be needed, but I would not hesitate to protect myself or others if the situation called for it.

I tell you, if I owned a shopping mall or movie theater, the FIRST thing I would do is hired armed security guards. The SECOND thing I would do is put up signs saying, "Gun owners are welcome to carry in this establishment". Hell, I might offer discounts for customers with a firearm and a valid license for it.

Yep. Chicago has some of the most strict gun control laws in the country, but has one of the most violent record re gun crimes. So they are in the process of letting citizens lawfully carry. Will it make a difference? If the gun control advocates are not successful in reversing the new law, it will be really interesting to watch. Is the new law being so hotly contested because some fear it WILL significantly reduce gun crime?

BOILING SPRINGS, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina sheriff is praising a man with a concealed weapons permit who helped disarm someone who kicked in the door of a church armed with a shotgun.
Sheriff: Concealed Weapon Saves Church From Man Armed With Shotgun « CBS Charlotte

Police say about 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 3, a man walked into Modern Nails at 2645 E. Second St. and asked a female employee if she wanted to buy some diamonds. The man walked toward the front desk area and the woman replied that she had no money to buy diamonds.
A witness said the man then reached into his coat pocket and began to take out a silver-colored pistol.

At that moment, a woman who was getting her nails done reached into her purse and got her own firearm. Police say the man never fully raised the gun and left the building after seeing the customer had her weapon out.
Casper Police: Nail salon customer packs heat, gunman leaves

Conversely, you have to hunt long and hard to find an instance of gun crime committed by anybody packing a visible weapon—legal in New Mexico for instance though few do—or anybody packing a legally licensed concealed weapon.

But does anybody believe that 20 kindergarteners and 7 staff would be dead today at the Sandy Hook school if a half dozen or so teachers had weapons and were trained in how and when to use them?
If they would have had a few plain clothes officers or deputized volunteers with concealed carry permits, it may have stopped this cat when he shot the glass out and entered into the principles office, otherwise never to get beyond that point before hopefully being wounded badly enough, that he could have been taken into custody alive afterwards.

Whatever.

Your "point" was pointless, as any kind of crossfire would likely have ended in far fewer deaths than the slaughter that in fact occurred.

And just as easily some retard who fancies himself as Rambo could've added to the body count through crossfire and stupidity. Also that same idiot could ice a kid through an accidental discharge just having the gun in the classroom. Your crystal ball isn't the only one in the world.

Whatever.

Your "point" was pointless, as any kind of crossfire would likely have ended in far fewer deaths than the slaughter that in fact occurred.

And just as easily some retard who fancies himself as Rambo could've added to the body count through crossfire and stupidity. Also that same idiot could ice a kid through an accidental discharge just having the gun in the classroom. Your crystal ball isn't the only one in the world.
Wow...That's some nice straw man you built there, to distract from the silliness of your original "point". :lol:

Whatever.

Wow...That's some nice straw man you built there, to distract from the silliness of your original "point". :lol:

I'm sorry you lost this argument by me pointing out that you have moronic logic but the point stands, crossfire in a classroom is stupid and you have a shitty crystal ball. Thank you for conceding though, now we can both move on. What did Fox News tell you to think about Unions? That's an oldie but goodie.

I tell ya what... if this school yard shooting makes a lot of people scream gun control then just wait until some mentally unbalanced piece of shit sneaks a couple of uzi's and several big ass clips into a football stadium and cuts loose. Then the nra will have no choice. Let's see a hundred people get killed all on tv-like. You know it is bound to happen. If we don't at least make an effort at finding these whackos before they can play out thier insane fantasies the public will demand and get SOME serious gun control.

If such a thing happens on any given Sunday you can kiss assault weapons, big clips and maybe anything with more amunition in it than a 6 shot revolver Bye bye.

You know it's true.

So no one used weapons in your days of smuggling?
Sure, right.

We just used "paper...rock ...scissors" to settle disputes. :lol:

I tell you, if I owned a shopping mall or movie theater, the FIRST thing I would do is hired armed security guards. The SECOND thing I would do is put up signs saying, "Gun owners are welcome to carry in this establishment". Hell, I might offer discounts for customers with a firearm and a valid license for it.

Yep. Chicago has some of the most strict gun control laws in the country, but has one of the most violent record re gun crimes. So they are in the process of letting citizens lawfully carry. Will it make a difference? If the gun control advocates are not successful in reversing the new law, it will be really interesting to watch. Is the new law being so hotly contested because some fear it WILL significantly reduce gun crime?

Police say about 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 3, a man walked into Modern Nails at 2645 E. Second St. and asked a female employee if she wanted to buy some diamonds. The man walked toward the front desk area and the woman replied that she had no money to buy diamonds.
A witness said the man then reached into his coat pocket and began to take out a silver-colored pistol.

At that moment, a woman who was getting her nails done reached into her purse and got her own firearm. Police say the man never fully raised the gun and left the building after seeing the customer had her weapon out.
Casper Police: Nail salon customer packs heat, gunman leaves

Conversely, you have to hunt long and hard to find an instance of gun crime committed by anybody packing a visible weapon—legal in New Mexico for instance though few do—or anybody packing a legally licensed concealed weapon.

But does anybody believe that 20 kindergarteners and 7 staff would be dead today at the Sandy Hook school if a half dozen or so teachers had weapons and were trained in how and when to use them?

Yeah, crossfire would've made the situation much better.

Do you honestly think a possible stray bullet aimed at the murderer would in any way be worse than 20 little kids and 7 of their teachers/administrators gunned down in cold blood?

Do you honestly think a possible stray bullet aimed at the murderer would in any way be worse than 20 little kids and 7 of their teachers/administrators gunned down in cold blood?

That stray bullet could've resulted in 21 little kids and 7 of their teachers/administrators gunned down in cold blood.

I'm sorry you lost this argument by me pointing out that you have moronic logic but the point stands, crossfire in a classroom is stupid and you have a shitty crystal ball. Thank you for conceding though, now we can both move on. What did Fox News tell you to think about Unions? That's an oldie but goodie.
Self-declarion of victory is the first indicator of a lost argument.

The likelihood of accidental shooting or a scene from a Schwarzenegger movie, with weapons in the hands of specifically trained school personnel, is on such a low order of probability as to make your comment absurd on its face.

But one thing is certain: Nutbags who've been shooting up schools full of unarmed people might think twice were the possibility that someone, anyone, might shoot back.

You know it's true.

I don't have a crystal ball or anything but when the powers that be are forced to do something legislatively my guess is that based on priors they will go after assault weapons and big clips just for starters.

If the government is pushed into a corner over gun violence you can bet dollars to donuts that reason won't be a factor in what they end up doing.

Self-declarion of victory is the first indicator of a lost argument.

The likelihood of accidental shooting or a scene from a Schwarzenegger movie, with weapons in the hands of specifically trained school personnel, is on such a low order of probability as to make your comment absurd on its face.

But one thing is certain: Nutbags who've been shooting up schools full of unarmed people might think twice were the possibility that someone, anyone, might shoot back.

Well you obviously conceded because you had nothing else to say. And again you're just making assumptions based on your views when the reality could just as easily be the opposite. And I'm sure a lunatic who's going to shoot up a school has the mental wherewithal to think twice about citizens concealed packing...

That stray bullet could've resulted in 21 little kids and 7 of their teachers/administrators gunned down in cold blood.

did I read what I just read ? :confused:

You know it's true.

I don't have a crystal ball or anything but when the powers that be are forced to do something legislatively my guess is that based on priors they will go after assault weapons and big clips just for starters.

If the government is pushed into a corner over gun violence you can bet dollars to donuts that reason won't be a factor in what they end up doing.

what do you mean by " go after" ?

You know it's true.

You're wanting to ban weapons already ruled by the courts protected by the second amendment, and were not used in the mass murder.
But I will tell youy right now any attempt to ban fire arms will be the start of a civil war.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but do you think there'd be less people applying for teaching positions if applicants knew they'd be required to have a gun in the classroom or be required to attend firearms training as part of their formal training?

Forum List

Back