Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

I'm sorry you lost this argument by me pointing out that you have moronic logic but the point stands, crossfire in a classroom is stupid and you have a shitty crystal ball. Thank you for conceding though, now we can both move on. What did Fox News tell you to think about Unions? That's an oldie but goodie.
Self-declarion of victory is the first indicator of a lost argument.

The likelihood of accidental shooting or a scene from a Schwarzenegger movie, with weapons in the hands of specifically trained school personnel, is on such a low order of probability as to make your comment absurd on its face.

But one thing is certain: Nutbags who've been shooting up schools full of unarmed people might think twice were the possibility that someone, anyone, might shoot back.

Well you obviously conceded because you had nothing else to say. And again you're just making assumptions based on your views when the reality could just as easily be the opposite. And I'm sure a lunatic who's going to shoot up a school has the mental wherewithal to think twice about citizens concealed packing...
I have plenty to say...I just don't expect it to permeate the thick skulls of imbeciles, who try to float the notion that a shootout in the hallways that could halt a raving lunatic, would be a less desirable option to the outright slaughter of a few dozen completely unarmed and helpless victims.

But you g'ead and try to make that imbecilic argument...It amuses me. :lol:

Last edited:
Do you honestly think a possible stray bullet aimed at the murderer would in any way be worse than 20 little kids and 7 of their teachers/administrators gunned down in cold blood?

That stray bullet could've resulted in 21 little kids and 7 of their teachers/administrators gunned down in cold blood.

did I read what I just read ? :confused:

I think you did. There is no explanation for the true fanatic. Which is probably why we seem to be having more of these unthinkable horrible kinds of crimes.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but do you think there'd be less people applying for teaching positions if applicants knew they'd be required to have a gun in the classroom or be required to attend firearms training as part of their formal training?

not that it's ever going to happen but.....

I would envision that it would be optional and not a requirement

Self-declarion of victory is the first indicator of a lost argument.

The likelihood of accidental shooting or a scene from a Schwarzenegger movie, with weapons in the hands of specifically trained school personnel, is on such a low order of probability as to make your comment absurd on its face.

But one thing is certain: Nutbags who've been shooting up schools full of unarmed people might think twice were the possibility that someone, anyone, might shoot back.

Well you obviously conceded because you had nothing else to say. And again you're just making assumptions based on your views when the reality could just as easily be the opposite. And I'm sure a lunatic who's going to shoot up a school has the mental wherewithal to think twice about citizens concealed packing...
I have plenty to say...I just don't expect it to permeate the thick skulls of imbeciles who try to float the notion that a shootout in the hallways that could halt a raving lunatic, would be a less desirable option to the outright slaughter of a few dozen completely unarmed and helpless victims.

How do you know the shootout would occur in the hallway? How do you know the teacher isn't one of the brain dead on this site such as yourself who talk a big game but could just as easily blow their head off or blow a kid away in such an incident. How do you know the teacher doesn't blow a little kid's head off in an accidental discharge just from having the gun at school? You're only allowing for one scenario that fits your world view which is frankly stupid.

How many people killed since that "Zero Tolerance" law passed?
Our children deserve to be protected; not used as targets in a "gun-free" free-fire zone by any crazy that wants them.

Yeah, crossfire would've made the situation much better.

Do you honestly think a possible stray bullet aimed at the murderer would in any way be worse than 20 little kids and 7 of their teachers/administrators gunned down in cold blood?

That stray bullet could've resulted in 21 little kids and 7 of their teachers/administrators gunned down in cold blood.
You sound like a nut job now for real, and so I guess because you are losing the argument between you two, now you are getting desperate ?

You sound like a nut job now for real, and so I guess because you are losing the argument between you two, now you are getting desperate ?

Yeah more bullets in a shootout is always the safest course of action.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but do you think there'd be less people applying for teaching positions if applicants knew they'd be required to have a gun in the classroom or be required to attend firearms training as part of their formal training?

There probably would be some people who so fear or loathe guns that such a requirement would prompt them to go into a different line of work. But I think most would be willing to do it, and some would really welcome such a policy.

But I don't want a policy that requires everybody to be armed and proficient, at least outside of law enforcement and/or the military, any more than I want a requirement that everybody learn to drive or know how to rewire an electrical circuit or whatever. Such requirements take away our freedom of choice as much as would laws that would prohibit us from doing such things.

But I am now convinced that we do need a policy of arming qualified, trained teachers in our schools, and that would be a huge deterrant for such mayhem as happened yesterday, or if it does not deter, at least gives us the means to stop or reduce the carnage.

I have plenty to say...I just don't expect it to permeate the thick skulls of imbeciles who try to float the notion that a shootout in the hallways that could halt a raving lunatic, would be a less desirable option to the outright slaughter of a few dozen completely unarmed and helpless victims.

How do you know the shootout would occur in the hallway? How do you know the teacher isn't one of the brain dead on this site such as yourself who talk a big game but could just as easily blow their head off or blow a kid away in such an incident. How do you know the teacher doesn't blow a little kid's head off in an accidental discharge just from having the gun at school? You're only allowing for one scenario that fits your world view which is frankly stupid.

So..on the off chance that a teacher might harm a child in friendly fire, you opt for no protection from psychotics who are gunning for children.

Got it. Hopefully you'll be the next one in the line of fire, and not an innocent child who needs protection.

So..on the off chance that a teacher might harm a child in friendly fire, you opt for no protection from psychotics who are gunning for children.

Got it. Hopefully you'll be the next one in the line of fire, and not an innocent child who needs protection.

Just look at the law of percentages. We have maybe one school shooting a year. Yet if we arm teachers that's literally hundreds of thousands of guns in the classroom. Invariably there's going to be more accidents and more dead kids than your retarded notion of the lunch lady going all Rambo and stopping the once in a coon's age school shooting. And that's even assuming the lunch lady doesn't shoot herself or an innocent in the process.

And frankly, I don't care if you live or die because you as a human being don't matter.

what I would do is have the piece unloaded and the magazine or speed loader in my pocket.

You libs are so ignorant when it comes to firearms and are too arrogant to admit it.

Long and short of it...progressives don't mind when children die.

You will never find them support any policy that will potentially save the lives of children.

Ever.

what I would do is have the piece unloaded and the magazine or speed loader in my pocket.

You libs are so ignorant when it comes to firearms and are too arrogant to admit it.

Well that's super for you, how do we know Agnus the Lunch Lady or Bill the Math Teacher who's in the middle of his second divorce will be intelligent enough to do that? The world doesn't revolve around or mimic your actions.

Fuck off and die. Period.

You're on your period? That explains some things I guess. But still appreciate you being attracted to me even if I don't care if you live or die.

A gun free zone is a magnet for the mass murdering shooters. Just like rental cars with logo stickers on them became magnets in Florida when they passed CCW laws. The Criminals figured only the tourist were un-armed. After the 1987 Florida CCW law passed an increasing number of tourists, most of them foreign, were victims of carjackings there. Because tourists in well-marked rental cars were common carjacking victims, Florida passed legislation in 1993 (F.S.A. § 320.0601) that outlawed company logos and license plates that made rental and leased cars obvious.

All we have to do is make everyone believe that teachers are armed & the schools will suddenly be safer. Only a few teachers actually need to be armed & schools are no longer a target.

Long and short of it...progressives don't mind when children die.

You will never find them support any policy that will potentially save the lives of children.

Ever.

Well that might be a little extreme. But they do seem to get their shorts in a wad much more over school kids being exposed to "under God" in the Pledge or possibly hearing one two many traditional Christmas carols in the winter concert and the possibility that a responsible teacher might have a firearm in his/her possession than they worry about mass murderers gunning down a whole classroom of kindergarten kids.

Idotic attempt at logic. By that logic we should disarm our military because of possible friendly fire. If armed those who try to stop these shootings with their bare hands might have a chance to do so and live. You would deny them their right to self-defence, and our children their right to be defended for no better than your irrational fears. Shame on you!

Forum List

Back