Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Several sensible comments above completely defeat JimBowie's wild west suggestions.

What a silly dude.

Yes, armed protection from trained security personnel will be the answer, not armed teachers.

A tax on firearms and the technology that supports the culture will pay for it. A winner for sure.

Yes, Isreal and Thailand. And it has been extremely successful in stopping attacks on their schools.

Are they both for protection from their own citizens, or others?
Does it matter?

No.

What MATTERS is that we hire me at $50,000/yr to carry a gun and wander around a campus full of attractive young teachers all day.

I also want Union collective bargaining rights and federal retirement benefits.

:cool:

The JimBowie and the CrackerJack models will not work. We will not be going Wild West.

Armed security personnel in all schools financed by taxation of guns and gun technology will fund superior protection.

The JimBowie and the CrackerJack models will not work. We will not be going Wild West.

Armed security personnel in all schools financed by taxation of guns and gun technology will fund superior protection.
Trained teachers = Wild West?

Fantasy Boy strikes again.

Or, at the very least, cause psychopaths to reconsider their target: Perhaps a zoo, or a church, or a soccer game or a public pool.....well inclusion on the list is really beyond my imagination.......

I'm not scared of guns.
Nor am I scared of where I live
I don't own a gun because I don't live in fear - of other people or my govt.. But don't worry, I'm a mere subject, while you are a citizen in the land of the 'free'....

Not that I believe anything you post, Forrest; but if you actually did live in Australia, you would be prohibited from owning a gun.

Sometimes they go off all by themselves, you know.

You should probably call someone from the Brady campaign to hold your hand and take away the scary gun.

My Glock 17 is defective. I've had it for years, and never, not even once, has it gotten out of it's case and gone on a shooting spree. Since I know guns kill people, there must be something wrong with this one. It just sits there and waits until I go shoot it at paper targets....

I would rather have the giraffes at risk than the kindergarten class down the street.

Samson, you are correct our society in which we live is dangerous.

Or, at the very least, cause psychopaths to reconsider their target: Perhaps a zoo, or a church, or a soccer game or a public pool.....well inclusion on the list is really beyond my imagination.......

Gun sales booming. Crime rates falling.

That couldn't be connected could it?

FBI says it is:
MILLER: Gun ownership up, crime down - Washington Times
Last week, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) announced that violent crime decreased 4 percent in 2011. The number of murders, rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults all went down, continuing a pattern.

Wanna' do yer part to reduce crime? Buy a Gun!

i don't think i'd rely on rev moon's winger site... i think they're still saying romney is going to win the election.

:eusa_whistle:

Are there other countries that have armed guards and teaching staff housed in fortified schools to protect their kids from their own citizens?

Yes, Isreal and Thailand. And it has been extremely successful in stopping attacks on their schools.

Does it really matter if the people trying to kill you are citizens or not?

Maybe people shouldn't arm their crazy kids. That really would have helped in this situation.

You didn't notice he murdered his mother?

By accounts now being reported, the mother included her son on trips to the shooting range and he also made trips there on his own with her guns. Do you think she was a responsible gun owner?

Yes. What she may not have been responsible about was mothering a crazy person. And since she's dead and we have no details yet, I think that I shall avoid rushing to judgement on the poor woman. Perhaps you should do the same.

You didn't notice he murdered his mother?

Yes, well, apparently it's HER fault for letting him kill her.

Could she have made it any easier?

The longer this thread runs the more shrill it seems to get with personal insults and attacks crowding out the point of the thread.

Many thousands of people affflicted with Autism and Aspergers live in households where there are firearms, and nobody gets shot. While there are numerous cases where such people are victims of violent crime, there is no evidence that such people are likely to plan or carry out a methodical massacre such as happened at Sandy Hook Elementary.
Autism experts say no evidence of link between Asperger’s and violence like in Connecticut - The Washington Post

But the point of this thread should be focused on whether having armed protection in the school would have made a difference. The seven adults who died almost all did so in attempting to stop the gunman and protect the children using their own unarmed bodies. Think about that for a minute.

And then look into the eyes of those twenty children, try to imagine the pain, terror, and horror they experienced before their lives were ended. What would it be worth to you to have saved even one of those little kids? Or the brave adults who gave their lives in an attempt to do so?

Is having some means in the school to do so such a terrible concept?

Does it matter?

It does if you're using them as examples of the successful arming of schools.
In those cases they are protecting themselves from attack from non-citizens of the country - they're in a war zone.

Are there any countries that aren't at war with either insurgents or external forces, that require the arming and fortification of its schools to protect its children from its own citizens?

Does it matter?

In those cases they are protecting themselves from attack from non-citizens of the country - they're in a war zone.

Are there any countries that aren't at war with either insurgents or external forces, that require the arming and fortification of its schools to protect its children from its own citizens?
Whom the shooter(s) my or may not be is irrelevant.

Does it matter?

No, I'm sorry, but it makes no fucking difference at all WHO is trying to kill the children. "It's okay to arm teachers to protect children from the bullets of non-citizens, but citizens' bullets must be met by unarmed, helpless bodies."

Shut. The Fuck. Up.

Forum List

Back