Another storm heading to snow-slammed South: Latest forecast

83 degrees here today with heavy thunderstorms. More early summer weather on tap for the next 10 days.

86 is forecast for Thursday. Beach weather. AC on high.

What's snow ???

Last edited:
OK. I have now assessed the situation. I think there are a few things people in the south and Midwest/south need to take into consideration. This could be happening from here on out every year. The first time I encountered it was maybe 10 years ago in Chicagoland. Then it repeated. But, we had a couple of things that I am not seeing where I'm at now. First of all we already had our gear hats, gloves etc. snow blowers and bags of salt that had been purchased in September when they were on sale.

When it snows the trucks are already on the road. They have salt and, now, beet juice. Ya need massive trucks on the roads. They are clearing the city streets AND the Interstates AND the county roads. Not the pick up trucks with the shovel on the front. Those guys come to shovel off the drive way, parking lot and what have you. I mention that because there is a town that actually had that on the city streets. The city I live in apparently doesn't do anything on my street so that might have been alright. Also, the water pipes were wrapped under the house so they didn't freeze and burst.

If we are going to do this shit there is a better way.

OK. I have now assessed the situation. I think there are a few things people in the south and Midwest/south need to take into consideration. This could be happening from here on out every year. The first time I encountered it was maybe 10 years ago in Chicagoland. Then it repeated. But, we had a couple of things that I am not seeing where I'm at now. First of all we already had our gear hats, gloves etc. snow blowers and bags of salt that had been purchased in September when they were on sale.

When it snows the trucks are already on the road. They have salt and, now, beet juice. Ya need massive trucks on the roads. They are clearing the city streets AND the Interstates AND the county roads. Not the pick up trucks with the shovel on the front. Those guys come to shovel off the drive way, parking lot and what have you. I mention that because there is a town that actually had that on the city streets. The city I live in apparently doesn't do anything on my street so that might have been alright. Also, the water pipes were wrapped under the house so they didn't freeze and burst.

I agree..it's a mindset more than it is anything else.
Of course, it all comes down to money..and Oklahoma and Texas are not going to spend like that..unless this keeps happening.
Individuals can make their lives much easier though. Wrap those pipes, have a Genny, spend on insulation--keep a food stash...a week minimum--same with prescription meds.

In extremis, you can cordon off a room with blankets...and create a warm zone.

No..you don't need that 6 cases of TP...LOL~

I agree..it's a mindset more than it is anything else.
Of course, it all comes down to money..and Oklahoma and Texas are not going to spend like that..unless this keeps happening.
Individuals can make their lives much easier though. Wrap those pipes, have a Genny, spend on insulation--keep a food stash...a week minimum--same with prescription meds.

In extremis, you can cordon off a room with blankets...and create a warm zone.

No..you don't need that 6 cases of TP...LOL~

A "Genny"?? Wow that takes me back fifty years....

Forum List

Back