Another University stops students from handing out the Constitution when recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame if these students aren't allowed to hand out copies of the Constitution, I have a problem with that...

I wonder if there are any other articles on this...I would like to see ALL of the facts.

Unlikely, since the media works closely with the feds and academia to suppress news that shows those folks in a poor light...

"Merritt Burch and Anthony Vizzone, members of the campus chapter of Young Americans for Liberty, filed the lawsuit Thursday in federal court, alleging that administrators violated their constitutional rights by stopping group members from passing out copies of the document during an outdoor event in January where student organizations had set up tables to distribute literature.

"The students are being represented by Davis Wright Tremaine, the law firm that recently helped a student who was blocked last year from handing out copies of the Constitution win a $50,000 settlement against Modesto Junior College in California.
"So far this academic year, students have twice been prohibited from distributing the Constitution on a public campus, less than four months apart. That is absolutely unacceptable,” said Greg Lukianoff, president of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, which is assisting with the lawsuit. "

“The First Amendment is not optional at public colleges—it’s the law. Enforcing restrictive ‘free speech zone’ policies that prevent students from passing out copies of the Constitution is impossible to justify," Lukianoff said in a statement. "

Hawaii college sued for stopping students from handing out Constitution | Fox News

It is a shame if these students aren't allowed to hand out copies of the Constitution, I have a problem with that...

I wonder if there are any other articles on this...I would like to see ALL of the facts.

Students can just Google "Constitution" and get the same thing

They did tell them not to approach students, to stay behind their tables.

So we aren't allowed to distribute literature if it's available online?

Getting a little fire ready, are we?

01622.gif

Makes you go all tingly, doesn't it...

Nazi Book Burning

01622.gif

Nazi Book Burning

No, I just find it condescending when someone hands me a copy of the Constitution

The far right seems to think they have a special unity with the document that other Americans lack

In fact, the Constitution was written by Liberals

It comes down to whether or not other students are prevented from approaching people with literature.

I have been on university campuses, and I know for a fact that kids regularly approach people with literature, and nothing is done about it...particularly if the literature is about some sort of anti-american rally, or a homo support group, or planned parenthood garbage.

No, I just find it condescending when someone hands me a copy of the Constitution

The far right seems to think they have a special unity with the document that other Americans lack

You may have exposed more than you realize. Liberal progressives are neither.
Considering advocates of the constitution as far right demonstrates why so-called liberal progressives are neither.

01622.gif

Nazi Book Burning

When I went to college, there were foreign college students who never read our Constitution.

RW is lying. He doesn't think it's condescending to hand out the constitution. He just doesn't think students should read it, because he despises the US. He's a dishonest pig who is paid to write lies in order to establish a totalitarian regime.

01622.gif

Nazi Book Burning

They know that many in this country does not even know what really is in the Constitution, because the public schools are not teaching much at all about it.

The Constitution was written by Revolutionary Conservatives- meaning they had morals and principals.
The words liberal and conservative did not exist back then.

Last edited:
And it is based on a Christian perspective.

Not only are our children NOT being taught the constitution..they are being taught to question and fear Christianity.

And we are reaping the rewards. Lucky us. Probably shoulda nipped that shit in the bud.

It promotes freedom and liberty.

And that is anathema to them.

Pretty funny the same hippies who were protesting their universities 40 years ago have now become "The Man" themselves.

And they were always the man...elitist little pricks who never had to lift a finger themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back