🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

anti-discrimination laws are the antithesis of freedom

There's a old legal saying that 'Your right to swing your fist ends at the nose of another man'.

What you believe in private, or espouse in public, is simply your business.

However, when your beliefs turn into actions that actively do harm to others, you've reached the other man's nose.

Equal accommodation is the cornerstone of freedom. In the land of the free, you're not free to do harm to others without consequences.
Horse shit. Discrimination is the essence of freedom. Forcing people to serve other people they don't want to serve is the essence of tyranny. You harm no one by failing to serve them. The idea that you do is ridiculous.

Is this freedom?
whites+only.gif

No, on the previous example - "by order of the police department".

But yes on the replacement. Everyone should be free to decide who they serve. That said, I find the bias expressed in the sign repulsive and would actively engage in boycotting any business that would put up such a sign.

There's a old legal saying that 'Your right to swing your fist ends at the nose of another man'.

What you believe in private, or espouse in public, is simply your business.

However, when your beliefs turn into actions that actively do harm to others, you've reached the other man's nose.

Equal accommodation is the cornerstone of freedom. In the land of the free, you're not free to do harm to others without consequences.
Horse shit. Discrimination is the essence of freedom. Forcing people to serve other people they don't want to serve is the essence of tyranny. You harm no one by failing to serve them. The idea that you do is ridiculous.

Is this freedom?
whites+only.gif
It most certainly is.

then do you think that all forms if discrimination should illegal?

Of course, it goes without saying. Equal opportunity laws protect everyone, not just certain classes.

Nominally they protect everyone, but they only target specific kinds of discrimination. People can still be discriminated against because they're ugly, or fat, or poor, or stupid. Does that seem equal to you?

Legislation is (and always has been) reactive. We don't pass laws until an issue has become important enough that politicians believe they will gain votes by attempting fixing it.

However, anyone who believes that legislation, or legislators, are capable of solving all of life's inequities has no experience with either.

that includes those who believe discrimination should be outlawed.

Supposedly free people should be able to discriminate against anyone they like for any reason or no reason. anti-discrimination laws allow the government to dictate to private people. Unfortunately, I doubt that the U.S. will ever eliminate such laws. Now, sing it with me..."And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..."

They had their use. They were needed, but as time went on they just became another tool for the DNC to enslave blacks again.

Bullshit. Your discrimination reduces the freedom of those you discriminate against.

Once upon a time that would have been true. Now, not so much. Practically speaking, there is no shortage of businesses that are happy to serve ALL segments of society.

I know that's what you would like to believe. That's why you guys and many more in similar forums complain about forced association.

...you guys and many more in similar forums complain about forced association.

Listen, dumbass, I've never once complained about "forced association". I am elated to associate with blacks, gays, transgender people, women, Muslims and anyone and everyone else on this planet. I will make the obvious exceptions for serial killers, child & animal abusers, etc. Got it?

Bullshit. Your discrimination reduces the freedom of those you discriminate against.

Once upon a time that would have been true. Now, not so much. Practically speaking, there is no shortage of businesses that are happy to serve ALL segments of society.

I know that's what you would like to believe. That's why you guys and many more in similar forums complain about forced association.

the key word is ,,,"FORCED",,,

Racists still trying to re-hash the civil rights fight that their side lost decades ago.....

Its almost as if they hoped those racist democrats fighting against the civil rights act would have won...funny how that works

Segregated businesses is ugly, unjust, illegal, and worst of all un-American.

I think there was a time and a place for such laws. I also believe that we've "evolved" to the point that they are no longer needed.

For that matter, a black person will be given FAR more leeway when making a bigoted statement than would a white person.

And when was the last time the DOJ sued a Muslim bakery for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex marriage?

Have you tried to order a wedding cake at a Muslim owned and operated bakery? Let me know how that works out for you.

Nope. Did you ever see the video of Steven Crowder going into Muslim bakeries in Dearborn, pretending to be gay and trying to order a wedding cake for his gay marriage? It was pretty funny. Several bakeries declined to make such a cake. As far as I know, the DOJ never complained. You see, Islam trumps LGBT.
Michigan doesnt have gay public accommodation laws.
Is that why you moved?

If businesses want to do business in the public market place -- a market place that is 100% funded by EVERYONE -- even those yucky brown and gay people they love to discriminate against so much -- they can't....

The law is settled.....and you can try to have these backdoor discussions of how you are "FORCED" to not conduct business like insecure bigoted assholes -- while still remaining insecure bigoted assholes...

But if you want to participate in this taxpayer funded market place -- you will have to do so under the rules of that marketplace -- or you can feel free to move to the libertarian utopia of your choice that currently doesn't exist or never has existed.

If businesses want to do business in the public market place -- a market place that is 100% funded by EVERYONE -- even those yucky brown and gay people they love to discriminate against so much -- they can't....

The law is settled.....and you can try to have these backdoor discussions of how you are "FORCED" to not conduct business like insecure bigoted assholes -- while still remaining insecure bigoted assholes...

But if you want to participate in this taxpayer funded market place -- you will have to do so under the rules of that marketplace -- or you can feel free to move to the libertarian utopia of your choice that currently doesn't exist or never has existed.
SORRY JR BUT THAT BAKERY WAS 100% FUNDED BY THE GUY THAT OWNS IT,,,

you dont like that he doesnt sell what you want ,,,not his problem so fuck off,,,
go somewhere else that does

Ok. So why should it be legal to kick someone out of an establishment for having a different political view?

Racists still trying to re-hash the civil rights fight that their side lost decades ago.....

Its almost as if they hoped those racist democrats fighting against the civil rights act would have won...funny how that works

So anyone that says that, anti-discrimination laws are no longer needed, is a racist?

Good lord you are a fuckin bigot. Why do you live like that?
Must be miserable

Forum List

Back