Anti-Gay Stickers At High School In Indio Touch Off Debate

I have a gay sister and a few gay cousins. I am a believer that people who are gay are born that way and I support the right for gays to marry each other. However, I also support the freedom of speech for those who do not agree. If people are allowed to preach tolerance and acceptance of homosexuals then likewise, those who disagree also have the right to express their disapproval as long as they are not harming anybody. I'm actually kind of impressed to see this school district taking that stance.

Also, does anyone else find it amusing the VP of the school's Gay Straight Alliance is named Michelle Bachman?

Anti-Gay Stickers At High School In Indio Touch Off Debate: Hate Speech Or Free Speech?

freedom of speech can be limited in schools. and anti-bullying laws are totally appropriate. the school shouldn't create an environment where it is ok to bully gay teens. this is both because again, kids shouldn't be bullied in school; and b) the rate of attempted suicide for gay kids is about 50%; for transgendered kids it's far higher.

the schools should do anti-bullying programs...not allow people to be victimized by school mates.
A bumper sticker is bullying? Are you really that weak? And it sounds like you are blaming suicides on anything but whatever went wrong in their lives in the first place. I see more and more of a backlash against homosexuals because of their heavy handedness. Ruining people's lives is bullying, a bumper sticker can be ignored. Your priorities are all screwed up.

The badges should be no stickers period. Clear?

The district feared the gay Nazis, for good reason. Once the gate was open, saying that normal kids were not allowed to express an opinion would be tough to sell. Indio is a desert community supported by a prison. Those inside the walls are Obama people, those outside the wall are not. I suspect the people are not pleased with homosexual indoctrination in the schools in the first place.

wacko. :cuckoo:

you have no freedom to harass others.

No one was harassed, thug.

You want to use the government to silence speech that is not in concert with your parties agenda.
Sidewalks, not the schools eh?
hqdefault.jpg

A time and a place.

I have a gay sister and a few gay cousins. I am a believer that people who are gay are born that way and I support the right for gays to marry each other. However, I also support the freedom of speech for those who do not agree. If people are allowed to preach tolerance and acceptance of homosexuals then likewise, those who disagree also have the right to express their disapproval as long as they are not harming anybody. I'm actually kind of impressed to see this school district taking that stance.

Also, does anyone else find it amusing the VP of the school's Gay Straight Alliance is named Michelle Bachman?

Anti-Gay Stickers At High School In Indio Touch Off Debate: Hate Speech Or Free Speech?

freedom of speech can be limited in schools. and anti-bullying laws are totally appropriate. the school shouldn't create an environment where it is ok to bully gay teens. this is both because again, kids shouldn't be bullied in school; and b) the rate of attempted suicide for gay kids is about 50%; for transgendered kids it's far higher.

the schools should do anti-bullying programs...not allow people to be victimized by school mates.

Expressing your opinion of disagreeing with homosexuality is no less bullying than expressing your opinion for it, as long as nobody is getting physically harmed or directly harassed.

Bull. your bigotry is no one's problem but you own. and school, like work, should not be a hostile environment. but thanks for wanting to make the world a disgusting place.

Then the rainbows need to be banned along with the rainbows with the slash through it. If you can't have one, then you should not have the other.

see, I don't understand how you compare the two.

this is what makes me question the type of people who claim to be conservative.

abusing people and creating a hostile environment is NOT "opposing ideas", loony toon. i don't have a problem with a breitbart nutter speaking as long as there's someone sane giving the opposing position.

*shrug*

again, your bigotry is your problem.

So, a rainbow sticker with line through it is creating a hostile environment, but a rainbow sticker without the line is not? :eek:

You Stalinists have some fucked up thinking.

Look, you and your filthy party are at war to end civil rights, this is just another example of you thugs attacking free speech.

abusing people and creating a hostile environment is NOT "opposing ideas", loony toon. i don't have a problem with a breitbart nutter speaking as long as there's someone sane giving the opposing position.

*shrug*

again, your bigotry is your problem.

So, a rainbow sticker with line through it is creating a hostile environment, but a rainbow sticker without the line is not? :eek:

You Stalinists have some fucked up thinking.

Look, you and your filthy party are at war to end civil rights, this is just another example of you thugs attacking free speech.
Kids in school have limited Free Speech, for good reason. Deal with it.

Kids at home, also limited Free Speech...

hqdefault.jpg

A time and a place.
\
Again, IF you Stalinists force the school to allow the rainbow stickers, you have to let the opposition have equal time.

I realize you are at war to end civil rights, but you lack the power at this time.

hqdefault.jpg

A time and a place.
\
Again, IF you Stalinists force the school to allow the rainbow stickers, you have to let the opposition have equal time.

I realize you are at war to end civil rights, but you lack the power at this time.
One last time, no stickers, for anyone. Clear?

And keep your faggot-hatin' on the sidewalks where it belongs...

You want to use the government to silence speech that is not in concert with your parties agenda.
hqdefault.jpg

A time and a place.

Isn't that the Westboro Baptist, Fred Phelps???

1. Phelps ran for governor of Kansas as a Democrat in 1990, 1994, and 1998. Phelps received 31% of the vote in Kansas's 1992 DemocraticParty primary for U.S. Senate. In 1993 and 1997, Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka. He supported Al Gore in the 1988 primaries.Oct 23, 2014
    Fred Phelps - Conservapedia
    www.conservapedia.com/Fred_Phelps
    Conservapedia

Kids in school have limited Free Speech, for good reason. Deal with it.

Kids at home, also limited Free Speech...

Once the door is opened to promote homosexuality, the door is opened to oppose it.

Look, you're a leftist, you have an agenda and part of that is to end civil rights. You Stalinists want to shove homosexuality down the throats of children, but the BOE in Indio is smart enough to grasp that if they did so, they would not be reelected. As much as it pains you leftist thugs, the people still have some voice.

That isn't the case sploogy, the district had already allowed the rainbow stickers. To silence one half of the debate is what ignorant thugs like Jillian want, but parents, who vote for the BOE, will not stand for it.

hqdefault.jpg

A time and a place.

1. Phelps ran for governor of Kansas as a Democrat in 1990, 1994, and 1998. Phelps received 31% of the vote in Kansas's 1992 DemocraticParty primary for U.S. Senate. In 1993 and 1997, Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka. He supported Al Gore in the 1988 primaries.Oct 23, 2014
    Conservapedia
So? Democrats can't hate faggots? Must have missed that part.

That isn't the case sploogy, the district had already allowed the rainbow stickers. To silence one half of the debate is what ignorant thugs like Jillian want, but parents, who vote for the BOE, will not stand for it.
I don't give a damn how or why it started, the fix is the same - No stickers, it's gotten ugly. Fixed.

Conservapedia

Phelps was a far left scumbag - Jillian level.

Christians never would be what the democrats want, so Phelps "created" the stereotype for leftists to use.

Like Stephen Colbert or Archie Bunker, this was a leftist playing a role to confirm Communist bigotry.

Forum List

Back