🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Anti gunners prefer dead children to gun safety programs...ask gabby gifford's husband...

That's misleading, 75% of gun deaths are gang related and that figure doesn't account for justifiable homicide

Please provide a link

It's from 2012 but close enough.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2012/dg...snt-have-a-gun-problem-it-has-a-gang-problem/

I actually read that rant about cities having a lot of murders. But it says nothing about gangs being responsible for 75% of the murders

Why did you post it?

Well let's fix that......

ABC News extremely misleading report on dangers of guns in homes Instead of asking neighbors if they own guns ask them if a gang member lives there - Crime Prevention Research Center

Their report makes it look like these accidents involve young children, but the numbers are driven by 17, 18, and 19 year olds, overwhelmingly blacks in gangs.

According to the CDC about 80% of the firearm injuries are related to violent crime, not accidents or self harm. Overwhelmingly 17, 18, and 19 year olds, overwhelmingly injuries related to violent crime, and overwhelmingly black unfortunately is related to gangs, particularly drug gangs. Requiring your average family to lock up their guns or to scare them into not owning them, isn’t going to stop incidents involving violent crime or drug gangs. Indeed, disarming people will make this problem worse.

First take two figures from the paper at Pediatrics. The figure clearly shows that the hospitalization rate from firearm injuries due to all causes is about 13 times higher for black males than white males who are 15 to 19 years old (Click on figure to make it larger).

But the breakdown within the 15 to 19 year old age group is extremely heavily titled towards the older ages. For example, in 2012, 76% of injuries were for those under age 20 were for 17, 18, and 19 year olds. 57% of injuries were for those under age 20 were for 18 and 19 year olds. The Pediatrics article doesn’t supply the year-by-year of age for hospitalizations for firearm injuries, but the article shows an even higher percent of firearm injuries involving 15 to 19 year olds — 84%.

The numbers from the CDC for firearm injuries in 2009 would be 12,057. That is greater than the 7,391 hospitalizations from such injuries reported in the paper at Pediatrics. But there is another important consideration. Firearm injuries involving gangs are more serious than for others, simply because gang members with injuries only go to hospitals when those injuries are very serious. What this implies is that true share of hospitalizations for 17, 18, and 19 year olds out of those under 20 is even greater than 76 percent.
Your rambling unrelated cut and paste does nothing to prove that 75% of murders are from gangs

It is becoming obvious that you are making it up

You really are a stoop, dude. Do you ever wonder why everybody laughs at you? I'm completely serious

I actually read that rant about cities having a lot of murders. But it says nothing about gangs being responsible for 75% of the murders

Why did you post it?

If you would Google it the links are endless and they range from 70-80% as being gang related. If you don't realize the vast majority of gun deaths are gang related you must be one of the most clueless and least informed individuals in the US

Provide a credible source

After all.....it is your claim

Listen up you tiny little nothing. You can easily Google it (and I suspect you already have). I do not take direction from liberal girly men and the simple fact of life is you and your ilk are fighting a battle you will never win in gun control. Time after time after time you have been stuffed at every effort you have made. It's a Constitutional amendment and you will never get past that fact. I suggest you learn to deal with it because you'll NEVER get it done.

Not backing up your claim is very telling.

What's telling is you're another limp wrist terrified of a mean old gun.

Why did you post it?

If you would Google it the links are endless and they range from 70-80% as being gang related. If you don't realize the vast majority of gun deaths are gang related you must be one of the most clueless and least informed individuals in the US

Listen up you tiny little nothing. You can easily Google it (and I suspect you already have). I do not take direction from liberal girly men and the simple fact of life is you and your ilk are fighting a battle you will never win in gun control. Time after time after time you have been stuffed at every effort you have made. It's a Constitutional amendment and you will never get past that fact. I suggest you learn to deal with it because you'll NEVER get it done.

You make a claim .....you are responsible for the source

I can only assume there isn't one

Well 2Aguy provided two....see what happens when you ASSume, limp wrist?
He, like you, provided material unrelated to the claim

More proof that it is a fabrication

LOL Yeah OK, why don't you create a thread and every 15 mins make some stupid comment to bump it? LOL Everybody notices it, attention ho :)

The problem.....the government agencies disconnect direct gang killings from killings that happen because of gangs but not tied directly to gangs....

That is....drive by...obviously gang......drug killing by gang members ....not always attributed to gangs.......so they get weasel room out of that ......

give an anti gunner any room and they will use it to lie all day long......

But yeah.....most killings are done by gangs and drug dealers in inner cities....

And again.....a real look at guns and crime....

ABC News extremely misleading report on dangers of guns in homes Instead of asking neighbors if they own guns ask them if a gang member lives there - Crime Prevention Research Center

Their report makes it look like these accidents involve young children, but the numbers are driven by 17, 18, and 19 year olds, overwhelmingly blacks in gangs.

According to the CDC about 80% of the firearm injuries are related to violent crime, not accidents or self harm. Overwhelmingly 17, 18, and 19 year olds, overwhelmingly injuries related to violent crime, and overwhelmingly black unfortunately is related to gangs, particularly drug gangs. Requiring your average family to lock up their guns or to scare them into not owning them, isn’t going to stop incidents involving violent crime or drug gangs. Indeed, disarming peoplewill make this problem worse.

First take two figures from the paper at Pediatrics. The figure clearly shows that the hospitalization rate from firearm injuries due to all causes is about 13 times higher for black males than white males who are 15 to 19 years old (Click on figure to make it larger).

But the breakdown within the 15 to 19 year old age group is extremely heavily titled towards the older ages. For example, in 2012, 76% of injuries were for those under age 20 were for 17, 18, and 19 year olds. 57% of injuries were for those under age 20 were for 18 and 19 year olds. The Pediatrics article doesn’t supply the year-by-year of age for hospitalizations for firearm injuries, but the article shows an even higher percent of firearm injuries involving 15 to 19 year olds — 84%.

The numbers from the CDC for firearm injuries in 2009 would be 12,057. That is greater than the 7,391 hospitalizations from such injuries reported in the paper at Pediatrics. But there is another important consideration. Firearm injuries involving gangs are more serious than for others, simply because gang members with injuries only go to hospitals when those injuries are very serious. What this implies is that true share of hospitalizations for 17, 18, and 19 year olds out of those under 20 is even greater than 76 percent.

LOL Yeah OK, why don't you create a thread and every 15 mins make some stupid comment to bump it? LOL Everybody notices it, attention ho :)
It's not my thread

I see you still fail to back your bogus claim

The problem.....the government agencies disconnect direct gang killings from killings that happen because of gangs but not tied directly to gangs....

That is....drive by...obviously gang......drug killing by gang members ....not always attributed to gangs.......so they get weasel room out of that ......

give an anti gunner any room and they will use it to lie all day long......

But yeah.....most killings are done by gangs and drug dealers in inner cities....

And again.....a real look at guns and crime....

According to the CDC about 80% of the firearm injuries are related to violent crime, not accidents or self harm. Overwhelmingly 17, 18, and 19 year olds, overwhelmingly injuries related to violent crime, and overwhelmingly black unfortunately is related to gangs, particularly drug gangs. Requiring your average family to lock up their guns or to scare them into not owning them, isn’t going to stop incidents involving violent crime or drug gangs. Indeed, disarming peoplewill make this problem worse.

Continuing to repost your unrelated data does nothing to support your claim that 75% of murders are gang related

Why don't you just admit that it is made up?

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

for my use.....

Brain....there are 1.6 million times that a gun is used to stop or prevent a violent criminal attack.....in a violent attack we get to include that attack as a life saved......we can't let the attack go forward to see what if....but anytime there is a violent attack the chance of death is there....when a gun is used a life is saved .....

There are only 9,000 homicides in the whole country. Gun owners are a minority. The most they could possibly be defending is under 9,000. Sorry.

Brain....you need to use yours....what part of 1.6 million is used to STOP or PREVENT a violent criminal attack...which means the violent criminal attack was stopped....no completed.......

and the majority of those gun murders (there are a lot more than 9,000 murders in the country, only 9,000 on average are gun murders) almost all of them are gang related or related to criminal activity related to gangs....and drug dealers in inner city, multi block areas......

Sorry, only 9,000 homicides in the whole country. Gun owners are a minority. The most they can be stopping is BELOW 9,000. It's simple math. And if most are gang related the number is well below 9,000.

Why did you post it?

Well let's fix that......

According to the CDC about 80% of the firearm injuries are related to violent crime, not accidents or self harm. Overwhelmingly 17, 18, and 19 year olds, overwhelmingly injuries related to violent crime, and overwhelmingly black unfortunately is related to gangs, particularly drug gangs. Requiring your average family to lock up their guns or to scare them into not owning them, isn’t going to stop incidents involving violent crime or drug gangs. Indeed, disarming people will make this problem worse.

Your rambling unrelated cut and paste does nothing to prove that 75% of murders are from gangs

It is becoming obvious that you are making it up

You really are a stoop, dude. Do you ever wonder why everybody laughs at you? I'm completely serious
Tried to send a message to you. I couldn't. Blocked?

And there is the rub......dead kids because of guns are one of the best tools the anti gunners have for pushing more gun control...one less dead kid is on less opportunity to change a persons mind against guns......
Dead kids viewed as sacrifice on the altar of greater good>>> disarming citizenry.

Forum List

Back