Any time you go outside could be your last

leftwinger

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2015
driving
Aged 29. On a motorcycle. Parents of young girls. Somebody pulled out in front of them? Not much reporting on who is at fault or what happened? I once wanted to tell a young guy "you got kids at home you can't be riding that bike to work in rush hour traffic" but I didn't. I did not want to jinx him or make him paranoid. Good thing I didn't because it was a rare event, he almost always drives now. but I digress.......should these two not have been out on a Motorcycle joy ride? This happened over in BlackGater country.

GRANITE CITY, Ill. – A heartbreaking story from Pontoon Beach over the weekend, where a crash claimed the lives of a young couple on their motorcycle.

Morgan and Cole Whitford were riding on their Harley Davidson when it collided with a Chrysler Pacifica van, making a left onto Highway 111 on Saturday. The couple was rushed to a nearby hospital but they did not survive. They were both 29.

“They would do anything for each other. This is a horrible, tragic event that has happened and loss. But the fact that they’re together, somehow, resembles their love for each other,” Sharon Koch, Morgan’s aunt, said.

Cole worked at Granite City Steel, while Morgan was a nurse at Anderson Hospital. Both workplaces have taken up collections to support the couple’s two young daughters.

“All the GoFundMe and stuff like that are for the here-and-now expenses and stuff like that. That just assure that they will be able to be put to rest in a respectful and fashionable way that they deserve. Because they deserve the world,” Eddy Lance, Cole’s cousin, said.

Despite the pain and sorrow of the moment, Eddy remembers a happy moment he will never forget.
“Whenever they decided to get married, they asked me if I would get ordained and officiate their wedding. So, naturally, I said yes,” he said.

Morgan’s aunt shared plans to persevere their memory which includes a digital tribute for their daughters to cherish.

“I think we’ll share stories and we’ll explain to them who they are. We will also instill those same qualities and their character in them,” Koch said.

The community is rallying around the Whitford family, including the couple’s two young daughters.
Thanks to chaos deep state Obiden.

Last edited:
Aged 29. On a motorcycle. Parents of young girls. Somebody pulled out in front of them? Not much reporting on who is at fault or what happened? I once wanted to tell a young guy "you got kids at home you can't be riding that bike to work in rush hour traffic" but I didn't. Good think I didn't because it was a rare event. but I digress.......should these two not have been out on a Motorcycle joy ride?

GRANITE CITY, Ill. – A heartbreaking story from Pontoon Beach over the weekend, where a crash claimed the lives of a young couple on their motorcycle.

Morgan and Cole Whitford were riding on their Harley Davidson when it collided with a Chrysler Pacifica van, making a left onto Highway 111 on Saturday. The couple was rushed to a nearby hospital but they did not survive. They were both 29.

“They would do anything for each other. This is a horrible, tragic event that has happened and loss. But the fact that they’re together, somehow, resembles their love for each other,” Sharon Koch, Morgan’s aunt, said.

Cole worked at Granite City Steel, while Morgan was a nurse at Anderson Hospital. Both workplaces have taken up collections to support the couple’s two young daughters.

“All the GoFundMe and stuff like that are for the here-and-now expenses and stuff like that. That just assure that they will be able to be put to rest in a respectful and fashionable way that they deserve. Because they deserve the world,” Eddy Lance, Cole’s cousin, said.

Despite the pain and sorrow of the moment, Eddy remembers a happy moment he will never forget.

“Whenever they decided to get married, they asked me if I would get ordained and officiate their wedding. So, naturally, I said yes,” he said.

Morgan’s aunt shared plans to persevere their memory which includes a digital tribute for their daughters to cherish.

“I think we’ll share stories and we’ll explain to them who they are. We will also instill those same qualities and their character in them,” Koch said.

The community is rallying around the Whitford family, including the couple’s two young daughters.
So sad. I know that area well, my dad worked at Granite City Steel for over 30 years.

Motorcycles are dangerous.
I know a lot of people who were hurt or killed riding them.
Speaking of that, Sturgis ND is happening this week.
There are few live streams on YouTube going on there.

Biker Bobs and Bobettes die on the road all the time.....Sad that they were not responsible enough to curtail their bike riding till their kids were grown.....Once kids enter the picture the mom usually puts the kibosh on that type of thing.

Aged 29. On a motorcycle. Parents of young girls. Somebody pulled out in front of them? Not much reporting on who is at fault or what happened? I once wanted to tell a young guy "you got kids at home you can't be riding that bike to work in rush hour traffic" but I didn't. I did not want to jinx him or make him paranoid. Good thing I didn't because it was a rare event, he almost always drives now. but I digress.......should these two not have been out on a Motorcycle joy ride? This happened over in BlackGater country.

thats nothing,,

anytime you go in your bathroom can be the last,,

death is waiting for everyone,,

thats nothing,,

anytime you go in your bathroom can be the last,,

death is waiting for everyone,,
R.0d53611fcc16c747da65c8c25ca244cc

So sad. I know that area well, my dad worked at Granite City Steel for over 30 years.

1723061138408.png

Is that him?

Published November 29, 2023 at 6:24 AM CST
UNDER OBIDEN 2.0****************
U.S. Steel announced Tuesday it will idle most of its Granite City Works plant, permanently laying off up to 1,000 workers.

The 1,000 workers include about 400 who have been on temporary layoff since Oct. 1 plus an additional 600. Prior to Tuesday’s layoffs, Granite City Works operated with roughly 900 employees, said Dan Simmons, president of United Steelworkers Local 1899. The layoff notices that went to an additional 600 employees could mean only 300 will remain in non-steelmaking operations.

The news is a massive blow to the Metro East community whose economic vitality is centered around the plant.

Tony Fuhrmann, director of Madison County’s Department of Employment and Training, said the county will offer services around the start of the year to the affected employees. For many workers, he said the transition will be tough.

“A lot of them are multigenerational,” Fuhrmann said. “They take a great deal of pride that they were steelworkers. Dad was a steelworker. Grandpa was a steelworker. So it's much more than losing a job. I mean, it's part of their family heritage that's been taken away.”

A spokeswoman for the Pittsburgh-based parent company said the layoffs were taken to ensure that the steel produced in Granite City matched the orders coming into the mill.

Under Trump 2018***************every single thing was better with a businessman pulling the strings.
The parent company of a Granite City steel mill got the final boost it needed to rehire laid-off workers after President Donald Trump called for tariffs on imported steel. But other factors could have contributed to the company’s decision, including increased growth at the company.

Crediting the tariffs announcement, Pittsburgh-based U.S. Steel Corporation on Wednesday announced plans to rehire 500 previously laid-off employees at Granite City Works. That’s how many workers it takes to run one of the mill’s two blast furnaces, Simmons said.

View attachment 991633

Is that him?

Published November 29, 2023 at 6:24 AM CST
UNDER OBIDEN 2.0****************
U.S. Steel announced Tuesday it will idle most of its Granite City Works plant, permanently laying off up to 1,000 workers.

The 1,000 workers include about 400 who have been on temporary layoff since Oct. 1 plus an additional 600. Prior to Tuesday’s layoffs, Granite City Works operated with roughly 900 employees, said Dan Simmons, president of United Steelworkers Local 1899. The layoff notices that went to an additional 600 employees could mean only 300 will remain in non-steelmaking operations.

The news is a massive blow to the Metro East community whose economic vitality is centered around the plant.

Tony Fuhrmann, director of Madison County’s Department of Employment and Training, said the county will offer services around the start of the year to the affected employees. For many workers, he said the transition will be tough.

“A lot of them are multigenerational,” Fuhrmann said. “They take a great deal of pride that they were steelworkers. Dad was a steelworker. Grandpa was a steelworker. So it's much more than losing a job. I mean, it's part of their family heritage that's been taken away.”

A spokeswoman for the Pittsburgh-based parent company said the layoffs were taken to ensure that the steel produced in Granite City matched the orders coming into the mill.

Under Trump 2018***************every single thing was better with a businessman pulling the strings.
The parent company of a Granite City steel mill got the final boost it needed to rehire laid-off workers after President Donald Trump called for tariffs on imported steel. But other factors could have contributed to the company’s decision, including increased growth at the company.

Crediting the tariffs announcement, Pittsburgh-based U.S. Steel Corporation on Wednesday announced plans to rehire 500 previously laid-off employees at Granite City Works. That’s how many workers it takes to run one of the mill’s two blast furnaces, Simmons said.
No, he worked there back in the 60s-80s.

And another across the river out in STL county near Ellisville/Ballwin***********

CLARKSON VALLEY, Mo. – A man died in a head-on crash Tuesday afternoon in west St. Louis County near the intersection of Trowbridge Road and Clarkson Road.

Traffic is closed in both directions of Clarkson Road near the scene of the crash as crews work to investigate and clear the scene.

The crash happened just before 3 p.m. Tuesday on Clarkson Road. Investigators say a driver in a Chevy Malibu was heading southbound, but crossed over into the northbound lanes of Clarkson Road and struck a driver in a pick-up truck head-on.

The driver of the Malibu, a 26-year-old man, died in the crash. The driver of the pick-up truck suffered minor injuries. Authorities have not yet disclosed identities of anyone involved in the crash.

Like many things in life, motorcycle riding is a potentially hazardous activity. They are hard to see and can be fast and quickly maneuverable. A rider MUST mitigate that risk by being constantly on the lookout and diligent in keeping their skills up to par. I have been riding for over 60 years and as recently as yesterday. Bottom line, it ain't the motorcycle, it is the person riding it.

I've got nothing against mortor cycles however, when traveling 60 mph in a modern car, one is surrounded by a frame and the new crumple frames save lives. A motorcycle has no such protection and one's body is completely exposed and not protected. Some folks never have an accident on a motorcycle and enjoy the freedom others, like me, have had too many friends injured riding them so I feel safety is #1, I don't ride one.

I've got nothing against mortor cycles however, when traveling 60 mph in a modern car, one is surrounded by a frame and the new crumple frames save lives. A motorcycle has no such protection and one's body is completely exposed and not protected. Some folks never have an accident on a motorcycle and enjoy the freedom others, like me, have had too many friends injured riding them so I feel safety is #1, I don't ride one.
That is your choice and probably a wise one. Uncertainty and fear can be just as dangerous to a rider as recklessness.

Well there is that old saying that goes...

There are two types of motorcycle riders. Those who have wrecked. And those that are about to wreck.
I think, for some, it's the thrill of hurtling over the road unbounded and the danger is an allure. It's all glorious until the cycle stops and you don't.

I think, for some, it's the thrill of hurtling over the road unbounded and the danger is an allure. It's all glorious until the cycle stops and you don't.
I surely agree. Risk versus reward. I don't care about my head. Just my teeth. I have nice teef! :up:

Forum List

Back