Any wrestling fans here?

Wrestling? like physical wrestling?
No.

Only political wrestling.

Mind ......you know????? mind

Im not talking about that stupid fake shit that they do now.

Pro wrestling has always been scripted, it's no different now. I have an uncle who used to wrestle under the name "Tarzan Talley" ...he was the regular patsy who got plastered by the champion every week on TV while they promoted the big weekend bout.

Don't get me wrong, these guys are athletes. They could fall off a house and land on their backs, then just get up and walk away. But it's all fake as far as who wins or loses.

I still enjoy watching it for entertainment. I always liked Randy Macho Man Savage... ohyeahhhh! And who could forget Rick Flair... whooooooooo! Another one I used to like was Hacksaw Jim Dugan. I hated Roddy Piper.

You're all probably too young to remember Tojo Yamamoto and Mephisto and Dante. This was before WWF.
You are so right. I hate wrestling. I turned it on once, lasted about five minutes. I think that stupid guy who did the Slim Jim commercials was wrestling. Even Lanny would have been a better choice than that fraud.

who is lanny hocky player?!

You are so right. I hate wrestling. I turned it on once, lasted about five minutes. I think that stupid guy who did the Slim Jim commercials was wrestling. Even Lanny would have been a better choice than that fraud.

The Slim Jim guy was Macho Man Randy Savage. He be dead now... RIP

I loved to watch him! Guy cracked me up! So hilarious!

See... that's the thing, I enjoy the entertainment of wrestling. I don't get caught up in the "drama" of it because I know it's all fake and scripted. I just want to watch and laugh at the characters. The "die hard" fans are funny too... they get all into it like it's real and you can't convince them it's not... they'll get pissed off! lol

Pro wrestling has always been scripted, it's no different now. I have an uncle who used to wrestle under the name "Tarzan Talley" ...he was the regular patsy who got plastered by the champion every week on TV while they promoted the big weekend bout.

Don't get me wrong, these guys are athletes. They could fall off a house and land on their backs, then just get up and walk away. But it's all fake as far as who wins or loses.

I still enjoy watching it for entertainment. I always liked Randy Macho Man Savage... ohyeahhhh! And who could forget Rick Flair... whooooooooo! Another one I used to like was Hacksaw Jim Dugan. I hated Roddy Piper.

You're all probably too young to remember Tojo Yamamoto and Mephisto and Dante. This was before WWF.

Angelo’s kid. Wrestling was always fake. When I was a kid, I use to go outside or go clothes shopping. I wouldn’t have watched wrestling even if my parents would have let me.

Angelo’s kid. Wrestling was always fake. When I was a kid, I use to go outside or go clothes shopping. I wouldn’t have watched wrestling even if my parents would have let me.

ya okay hocky player. you probably watched something that was actually fake like lost in space. lol.

My grandad and i used to watch wrestling back in the day. NWA and WWF. Is this thread okay for this forum? im a new guy. Still trying to figure out the rules.

My Ol' Man and my Mother's Dad, my Grandfather watched it on TV in the '50's. My dad argued it was fake which would light up my grandfather who believed it was real. It wasn't nearly as wild as it is today.

RULES? We don't need no stinkin' rules!

My Dad wasn't that interested but he loved to egg on my grandfather. I remember them watching one of the first TV superstars, Gorgeous George!

Last edited:

The Slim Jim guy was Macho Man Randy Savage. He be dead now... RIP

I loved to watch him! Guy cracked me up! So hilarious!

See... that's the thing, I enjoy the entertainment of wrestling. I don't get caught up in the "drama" of it because I know it's all fake and scripted. I just want to watch and laugh at the characters. The "die hard" fans are funny too... they get all into it like it's real and you can't convince them it's not... they'll get pissed off! lol
Citizen Boss, you seem like a good and reasonable man, but I consider entertainment to be listening to Peter Gabriel and sipping on a Chardonnay, not considering Dory Funk Jr’s run in Japan. I’m not wasting my valuable time on those fakers.

My grandad and i used to watch wrestling back in the day. NWA and WWF. Is this thread okay for this forum? im a new guy. Still trying to figure out the rules.

My Ol' Man and my Mother's Dad, my Grandfather watched it on TV in the '50's. My dad argued it was fake which would light up my grandfather who believed it was real. It wasn't nearly as wild as it is today.

RULES? We don't need no stinkin' rules!

Hi markle. Thanks for posting in my thread. your grandad was probably a fan of lou thez!

Forum List

Back