Anyone else use CCleaner?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
For the longest time I've been running malware and spyware sweeps on my computer and hadn't noticed my Auslogics subscription ran out. So my registry was becoming more and more corrupted unbeknownst to me.

THen I realized the problem, used CCleaner and my computer is running as good since my last re-format of the hard drive.

Don't pass freeware like Ccleaner just because it's free. I'd argue it's better than Auslogics (at least for registry).

Try it out if your computer is in the shitter.

I use it...it's one of the better utility programs that I have downloaded to care for my computer.

For the longest time I've been running malware and spyware sweeps on my computer and hadn't noticed my Auslogics subscription ran out. So my registry was becoming more and more corrupted unbeknownst to me.

THen I realized the problem, used CCleaner and my computer is running as good since my last re-format of the hard drive.

Don't pass freeware like Ccleaner just because it's free. I'd argue it's better than Auslogics (at least for registry).

Try it out if your computer is in the shitter.

is that kinda like ARO?

I use CCleaner (also referred to as "Crap Cleaner") because it rids your computer of all kinds of crap that get stored in your hard drive.
I also use Norton 360 and AdAware. I'll devote a few hours each Sunday to cleaning my computer of all the crap that's built up over the past week.

The best advice I have ever heard was to avoid using a registry cleaner. I ignored it once, when I was a computer n00b, and it cost me. Now I am wiser, and use Linux for most of my needs. No more registries to worry about, or malware.

I use a batch file that runs it every time I shut down my PC to clean out browser junk and all the rest of the useless garbage collection like "Recent Documents" .
It`s not a very good registry cleaner as far as cleaning up junk registry entries that are left behind after you un-installed trial version programs.
Try this one:
Free Registry Cleaner - Safely scan and repair registry problems - Free Download

And if you want to see what`s running on your PC with a Windows OS download "system internals":
Sysinternals Suite

and run "procexp.exe"...:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Process PID CPU Description Company Name
System Idle Process 0 98.46
Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts
DPCs n/a 0.77 Deferred Procedure Calls
System 4
smss.exe 584 Windows NT Session Manager Microsoft Corporation
csrss.exe 664 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation
winlogon.exe 696 Windows NT Logon Application Microsoft Corporation
services.exe 764 Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1008 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1096 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1132 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
spoolsv.exe 1244 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation
svchost.exe 1588 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation
lsass.exe 776 LSA Shell (Export Version) Microsoft Corporation
explorer.exe 1532 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation
firefox.exe 448 Firefox Mozilla Corporation
procexp.exe 1484 0.77 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Unless your PC was hijacked by malware that`s all that should be going on while you are browsing.

You might be surprised how much unnecessary activity is going on that has nothing to do with what you want your PC to do for you and you can shut down anything at any time
With the system internals package "autorun.exe" is included and you decide what gets loaded and executed during the boot-up.

Also included is "Tcpview.exe". You can monitor all ports at any time and cut a specific http or UDP connection any time.
Most people have no idea how long some web sites keep tracking them.
Google is quite blatant when it comes to that and your browsing speed increases significantly after you disconnect from it with "System Internals" Tcpview.exe
You can`t do that with a firewall, because if you were to set up a firewall like that, then you would not be able to go "Googling" any more.

I set up my PC with 2 logical drives.
HDD0 is my OS with all my programs and that drive never gets exposed to the internet.
HDD1 is a clone of HDD0 and I use it as my "surfer".
Sometimes I download known malware just to study it, or try out "free-ware" etc.
Instead of firewalls, anti- this and anti- that software which is always months behind software & security updates I simply boot up with HDD0 and "nuke" everything on HDD1, then clone HDD0 --> HDD1.
It only takes 5 minutes. Most of the other software takes longer than that just to scan your drive for mal-ware and there is no guarantee it caught everything.
So called "root kits" evade these scans anyway.

Forum List

Back