Anyone have any new years resolutions they are willing to share? I have a big one.

Big for me anyhow.
At 11:59 I plan to smoke my last cigarette. Been smoking 36 years and I am ready to stop. Made the decision a couple weeks ago but wanted to wait till tonight so the date and time would be easy to remember and function as a kind of incentive to remind myself of how long it has been and what my goal was.

Heads up for tips from any on the board. Traveller and I gave up smoking years ago but I had smoked since the age of 14. Not just a serious addict physically but I loved it. I'd wake up in the morning and well you just can't have your first cup of coffee without lighting your first one. I loved smoking. Honestly .....prayers for you and going cold turkey. Tips are out there though. And Happy New Year GM!!!!! Great decision.
The big cigarettes for me are first of the morning and after meals. I'm not a coffee drinker but may start lol

Big for me anyhow.
At 11:59 I plan to smoke my last cigarette. Been smoking 36 years and I am ready to stop. Made the decision a couple weeks ago but wanted to wait till tonight so the date and time would be easy to remember and function as a kind of incentive to remind myself of how long it has been and what my goal was.

Heads up for tips from any on the board. Traveller and I gave up smoking years ago but I had smoked since the age of 14. Not just a serious addict physically but I loved it. I'd wake up in the morning and well you just can't have your first cup of coffee without lighting your first one. I loved smoking. Honestly .....prayers for you and going cold turkey. Tips are out there though. And Happy New Year GM!!!!! Great decision.
The big cigarettes for me are first of the morning and after meals. I'm not a coffee drinker but may start lol

Switch to vaping

that's the only advise I can give you.....I smoked cigarettes also, like tinydancer, since I was 13 or so.....in other words a whole lifetime lol.....

the only way I could stop forever was with vaping (no nicotine only the flavor) and it has been several years now. Hallelujah !!!:biggrin:

I think you can qualify as medically needy for medicinal weed. That should solve everything and any extra you can pass around to your good good good buddies on this board, my friend.

Big for me anyhow.
Good luck gramps

-Geaux

A few whiskeys and smoking like a chimney tonight.
Yeah, no resolutions this year.

Of course! In 2019 I plan to smoke MORE big, fat tampon-looking joints of weed than I smoked in 2018. I'm sorry to say I smoked pot a bit too moderately and infrequently this year, I didn't spend enough time baked.

Big for me anyhow.

Oh do it. I've never smoked but heaven help me if I had to give up coffee.

Best wishes on no smoking! Hang in there. I know they advertise meds that can help too, and patches

Big for me anyhow.

Best wishes on no smoking! Hang in there. I know they advertise meds that can help too, and patches
4 cups of coffee into my fist post cigarette day and holy hell I am bouncing off the walls wired! Gonna have to switch to caffeine free I guess.
The craving for a cig is ridiculous but I am determined to give it the finger.

Big for me anyhow.

4 cups of coffee into my fist post cigarette day and holy hell I am bouncing off the walls wired! Gonna have to switch to caffeine free I guess.
The craving for a cig is ridiculous but I am determined to give it the finger.

Oh don't do that to yourself---lol. I've been drinking coffee daily for, geez, close to 30 years now and four cups would set me to jittering! Ha! I don't think you have to switch to decaf altogether maybe just--take it slow. ;)

Forum List

Back