1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 veal scallops, about 3/4 pound, pounded to a thickness of 1/8-inch
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon capers, drained

1. Season veal with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Heat 2 tbsp. butter and oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add veal, and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and set aside.

2. Add wine to skillet, and cook, scraping bottom of pan until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil and reduce by half Add remaining butter, juice, and capers and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over veal and serve immediately.

Veal are abused baby cows which are kept in a small crate so they can't turn around or walk, so that their muscles are like mush. Do you have zero morals brah?

Veal Piccata

1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 veal scallops, about 3/4 pound, pounded to a thickness of 1/8-inch
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon capers, drained

1. Season veal with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Heat 2 tbsp. butter and oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add veal, and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and set aside.

2. Add wine to skillet, and cook, scraping bottom of pan until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil and reduce by half Add remaining butter, juice, and capers and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over veal and serve immediately.

This Veal Piccata recipe is amazing. I used to make it back in the day when I ate veal. Delish!

I don't eat much veal , I like it well enough though . I'd generally cook it like any other meat .

Veal are abused baby cows which are kept in a small crate so they can't turn around or walk, so that their muscles are like mush. Do you have zero morals brah?

But they cook so well, and take up such flavor, so, meh.

I'll make sure to cook my veal chops with some Fois Gras next time.

lol. As long as you know that you're being a dick. :D

Needless to say, I would never eat veal and as we see here, there are people who want to be cruel, are too cowardly to do it themselves but jump at the chance to pay someone else to do it for them - as in veal, fois gras, etc.

BUT as cruelty goes, veal may actually be somewhat less cruel than other kinds of flesh.

True that the calves are horribly abused for their entire lives, they're kept sick, starved of real food in favor of a pap that barely keeps them alive, constantly leaking liquid stool, unable to stand up because they're so weak but their misery lasts only a relatively few weeks or months.

In contrast, dairy, factory farmed eggs, factory farmed meat of other animals suffer intense cruelty for their entire lives. Dairy is among the worst because it goes on for years. Battery chickens usually die after about 1 year because they're just worn out.

If you want to eat flesh, buy from a local ranch where the animals live on grass and are slaughtered on the spot.

For those who, like the posts above, like the cruelty but won't do it themselves, buy from a large supermarket. That way, you not only get the cruelty, you also get lot of the drugs and hormones that we now know are very harmful to adults and even more so to children.

And be sure to stop at McDonald's on the way home.

Dang I love veal but never cook it at home. Order it in restaurants when I can.
The Mrs. avoids it like the plague, along with lamb. She's a kooky Lib. :lol:

So, you're saying RWs are just naturally cruel?

Interesting.

Needless to say, I would never eat veal and as we see here, there are people who want to be cruel, are too cowardly to do it themselves but jump at the chance to pay someone else to do it for them - as in veal, fois gras, etc.

BUT as cruelty goes, veal may actually be somewhat less cruel than other kinds of flesh.

True that the calves are horribly abused for their entire lives, they're kept sick, starved of real food in favor of a pap that barely keeps them alive, constantly leaking liquid stool, unable to stand up because they're so weak but their misery lasts only a relatively few weeks or months.

In contrast, dairy, factory farmed eggs, factory farmed meat of other animals suffer intense cruelty for their entire lives. Dairy is among the worst because it goes on for years. Battery chickens usually die after about 1 year because they're just worn out.

If you want to eat flesh, buy from a local ranch where the animals live on grass and are slaughtered on the spot.

For those who, like the posts above, like the cruelty but won't do it themselves, buy from a large supermarket. That way, you not only get the cruelty, you also get lot of the drugs and hormones that we now know are very harmful to adults and even more so to children.

its less about the animals, and more about the pompous self righteous asses such as yourself waxing on about other people's eating habits.

You go on about not caring, but your multi-paragraph screed betrays that you do.

Too bad, so sad.

Here's a good veal recipe:

Cook and eat. Its veal! It just tastes good.

P.S. I'm a liberal, but veal, foie gras, and eggs taste good.

Come on duddly...you dont hear us complaining when you eat a bag of dicks.

its less about the animals, and more about the pompous self righteous asses such as yourself waxing on about other people's eating habits.

You go on about not caring, but your multi-paragraph screed betrays that you do.

Too bad, so sad.

Luddly is sorely misinformed. It is possible to buy humanly raised free range veal, just like other meats.

I find grilled veal chops to be quite delicious. Just rub with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle salt and pep, and grill.

Here's a good veal recipe:

Cook and eat. Its veal! It just tastes good.

P.S. I'm a liberal, but veal, foie gras, and eggs taste good.

I really miss foie gras. The PC Nazis outlawed the sale of it in CA, so a friend occasionally smuggles some in from France for us. The canned stuff, however, is not as good as the fresh, seared version.

:(

Veal and foie gras are for people who have no morals and don't care about their own health. Real winners! :D

Forum List

Back