Anyone have Suddenlink cable?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Suddenlink recently dropped 24 Viacom channels and gave us shit as replacements - with no reduction in cable bills. I ain't happy.

SL_Banner_Post5_MissYou_728x90_Spongebob.jpg

Home Page - Keep Viacom

Get the facts on why Suddenlink dropped Viacom - Keep Viacom

Last edited:
You know, Lakotha, I was just having a lovely conversation with my pops earlier tonight about the cable industry.

I was telling him about how HBO will be offering a new stand-alone package starting next year and explaining to him how it's the best thing since slice bread for the consumer. I explained to him that this move is the first step in breaking the backs of the cable industry, which currently run, basically a monopoly on us.

What's this Suddenlink business?

You know, Lakotha, I was just having a lovely conversation with my pops earlier tonight about the cable industry.

I was telling him about how HBO will be offering a new stand-alone package starting next year and explaining to him how it's the best thing since slice bread for the consumer. I explained to him that this move is the first step in breaking the backs of the cable industry, which currently run, basically a monopoly on us.

What's this Suddenlink business?

Suddenlink is just another greedy cable company. Its headquarters is based in St. Louis, Missouri.

Suddenlink Communications - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Good, I would like to see the end to this government forced market monopolies of cable. The cable company I am forced to endure are incompetent at best. My internet speeds are two orders of magnitude less than any metro market baseline and there is no cause for it.

And Turner dropped all their channels but TBS from Dish Network...I am going to have only Hulu and Netflix on my TV after December...

Cable companies are worse than the mafia. They're legal and much bigger than the traditional mafia. Of all utilities throughout my lifetime - I've always had the greatest disdain for cable companies.

Good, I would like to see the end to this government forced market monopolies of cable. The cable company I am forced to endure are incompetent at best. My internet speeds are two orders of magnitude less than any metro market baseline and there is no cause for it.
How did the government force this monoply?

Please explain.

Government forced/sanctioned cable monopolies:

Government forced/sanctioned cable monopolies:
So basically the government is kowtowing to demands from private industry.

Yes?

Woah, I'm gonna agree with Liekhota.

Cable sucks.

I love my DirecTV
They're not much better.

Same monopoly going on, based on price and what you get for what you pay.

Well, that's not ENTIRELY their fault.

I mean you take a company like ABC who owns so many stations that everyone wants (ESPN etc etc) and they know that, so what they do is they force the providers to tell their subscibers if you want ESPN you also have to take Bravo (or whatever lame ass station they own) because though they have a few customers who want Bravo, they don't have enough who want it to justify DirecTV offering it if they weren't forced to by ABC.

So, you as the consumer get 20 stations you want, and 40 you don't all for $69.99 a month

I'll tell you my biggest peeve with satelite TV. Everytime they come out with a new receiver , they offer it to new customers for free, and want good loyal customers to pay $200-500 for it.

I had been with Dish for like 6 years when the HDTV got popular and they came out with an HD receiver, offering it free to new customers . I called and told them I wanted to upgrade and they wanted to bill me like $500. They wouldn't budge. I cancelled and had DTV installed the next day, upgraded receiver for free.

Cable sucks.

I love my DirecTV
They're not much better.

I mean you take a company like ABC who owns so many stations that everyone wants (ESPN etc etc) and they know that, so what they do is they force the providers to tell their subscibers if you want ESPN you also have to take Bravo (or whatever lame ass station they own) because though they have a few customers who want Bravo, they don't have enough who want it to justify DirecTV offering it if they weren't forced to by ABC.

So, you as the consumer get 20 stations you want, and 40 you don't all for $69.99 a month

I'll tell you my biggest peeve with satelite TV. Everytime they come out with a new receiver , they offer it to new customers for free, and want good loyal customers to pay $200-500 for it.

I had been with Dish for like 6 years when the HDTV got popular and they came out with an HD receiver, offering it free to new customers . I called and told them I wanted to upgrade and they wanted to bill me like $500. They wouldn't budge. I cancelled and had DTV installed the next day, upgraded receiver for free.
I know. What you stated is exactly backing up my statement.

I've had all of them, Cable, DirectTV, DishNetwork...it's all the same BS, paying for a bunch of stuff you don't want to get the stuff you really want.

AKA, monopoly.

Cable sucks.

I love my DirecTV
They're not much better.

I've had all of them, Cable, DirectTV, DishNetwork...it's all the same BS, paying for a bunch of stuff you don't want to get the stuff you really want.

AKA, monopoly.

I wish you could just pick 50 channels and pay a buck each a month for them.

I need the 3 ESPNs, the 4 networks, a shit load of kid's channels, and I"m good really

Hulu plus, Netflix Amazon prime, iTV, HD Antenna, all for less than cable or satellite..

As far as utilities, they all suck, electric, phone, water, garbage. At least now I'm free from T v monopoly.

Cable sucks.

I love my DirecTV
They're not much better.

AKA, monopoly.

I need the 3 ESPNs, the 4 networks, a shit load of kid's channels, and I"m good really
My pops was telling me that he pays for an ESPN standalone package on his tablet, I'm guessing his iPad.

He's back home in the Caribbean, so its seemingly out there and available to all already.

Cable sucks.

I love my DirecTV
They're not much better.

AKA, monopoly.

My pops was telling me that he pays for an ESPN standalone package on his tablet, I'm guessing his iPad.

He's back home in the Caribbean, so its seemingly out there and available to all already.

I actually just slingbox from my DTV, but these apps are out there

WatchESPN Apps - Available on Xbox 360 iPhone iPad Android and Kindle Fire

have no idea how well they work

Forum List

Back