Anyone on here NOT a government employee have the day off today?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
It is Presidents’ Day. Yes, a federal holiday. I don’t know of anyone who has the day off, except for government workers.

Since government supposedly exist, only to serve our needs, shouldn’t it be the other way around? Shouldn’t there be days when the private sector has off that the government offices are open so we can get some of that endless government business done?

I was thinking just this morning of the same thing.....There are way too many federal holidays.....Most serve more to disrupt the lives of normal Americans than to help them.

Currently there are 12 of them.....Each "holiday" costs the US taxpayer right at 1 billion minimum.

I'm off. Taking granddaughter (a student who is off) to job interview, then going bowling. Another nice day.

Actually, I’d bet good money that there are federal employees waking up soon who will think “hey, I’m off on a Monday. I’ll go renew my drivers license!”

Then, they’ll be mad.
possibly...but we all knew if we are off,so are State employees and banks are usually closed........

We have garbage pickup in my area on Mondays. They were out doing their job this morning.

How come the garbage truck drivers get Martin Luther Negro Day off but not a day to honor all our Presidents?

I work for a private utility company. We are off today. We don’t have MLK Day or Columbus Day off, but we have 11 paid holidays.

Holidays are good for the economy.
People will spend money.
People will travel.
People will shop.
People will work on projects.
But some workers can't get the day off because they have essential jobs, like firemen, policemen, air traffic controllers, ambulance drivers....
We should have a law that gives an employee who can't get the day off, a day in lieu of that he can take at another time of their choice.

We have garbage pickup in my area on Mondays. They were out doing their job this morning.

How come the garbage truck drivers get Martin Luther Negro Day off but not a day to honor all our Presidents?
here in vegas the garbage co works every holiday......

Holidays are good for the economy.
People will spend money.
People will travel.
People will shop.
People will work on projects.
But some workers can't get the day off because they have essential jobs, like firemen, policemen, air traffic controllers, ambulance drivers....
We should have a law that gives an employee who can't get the day off, a day in lieu of that he can take at another time of their choice.
I was in Walmart yesterday, and I noticed right at the door was a display of ketchup, mustard ,hotdog buns, storebrand 2 L sodas, the kind of thing people use for a cookout. I was trying to figure out what the occasion was.

Now I know, but I don’t think many others knew either. This display was completely full dated sat like that since the previous day.

Our company eliminated every holiday day off and added the same number of days to your personal time. So.. if you want to take off Presidents’ Day and MLK but work 4th of July and Thanksgiving have at it. Much better policy.

It is Presidents’ Day. Yes, a federal holiday. I don’t know of anyone who has the day off, except for government workers.

Since government supposedly exist, only to serve our needs, shouldn’t it be the other way around? Shouldn’t there be days when the private sector has off that the government offices are open so we can get some of that endless government business done?
me. banks are closed too i think.

Forum List

Back