AP Conversation: Trump says Mideast peace rests with Israel

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Finally American presidential candidates are looking at Israeli intransience for why the ME is always at war: Israel.

STERLING, Va. (AP) — Donald Trump says that if he's elected president, he'll know within six months whether he can achieve an elusive peace accord between Israelis and Palestinians, one of the world's most vexing challenges. But the Republican presidential candidate says he has doubts about each side's commitment to the peace process.

Related Stories
  1. Kerry: Palestinian attacks are 'acts of terrorism' that must be condemned Reuters
  2. PLO's Erekat blames Israel PM for unrest ahead of US talks AFP
  3. Trump tells Jewish group that, like ‘you folks,’ he’s a negotiator MarketWatch
  4. EU says continues Mideast peace role despite Israel move Reuters
  5. Kerry in Israel for 1st time since 2014; no bold peace push Associated Press
  6. Worlds Most Powerful People Before They Got Power! PopLyft Sponsored
    Thank you for your feedback
    We'll review and make changes needed.Undo
    Why don't you like this ad ?
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • It's not relevant to me
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad
"I have a real question as to whether or not both sides want to make it," Trump said in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The Republican front-runner said his concerns are greater regarding "one side in particular." While Trump wouldn't say whether he was referring to the Israelis or the Palestinians, he said the chances for a lasting peace rest with Israel.

"A lot will have to do with Israel and whether or not Israel wants to make the deal — whether or not Israel's willing to sacrifice certain things," Trump said. "They may not be, and I understand that, and I'm OK with that. But then you're just not going to have a deal."

"If I win, I'll let you know six months from the time I take office," he added.

Trump stuck by his comments Thursday while speaking in Washington before the Republican Jewish Coalition, reiterating that he doesn't know "if Israel has the commitment" to reach a peace deal. He was loudly booed when he refused to say whether he supports Israel's position that Jerusalem is its undivided capital.

The Zionist lobby holds an insane amount of political power in this country. Anyone who even questions something that Israel or Bibb does is excoriated and forced to retract or "clarify" what he said.

The obstacle (a mountain, to be honest) is Israel's demand that the indigenous Arabs accede to Israel ' s right to exist AS A JEWISH STATE. Israel's monstrous oppression of the Arabs in Palestine is never protested by the U.S., or even recognized formally. "No justice; no peace." Simple as that.

The Zionist lobby holds an insane amount of political power in this country. Anyone who even questions something that Israel or Bibb does is excoriated and forced to retract or "clarify" what he said.

The obstacle (a mountain, to be honest) is Israel's demand that the indigenous Arabs accede to Israel ' s right to exist AS A JEWISH STATE. Israel's monstrous oppression of the Arabs in Palestine is never protested by the U.S., or even recognized formally. "No justice; no peace." Simple as that.

And why not when you expect the world to accept that the US exists as an American state. Did you know that by refusing to accept Israel as the Jewish state the Islamic nations are in breach of the UN charter

And why not when you expect the world to accept that the US exists as an American state. Did you know that by refusing to accept Israel as the Jewish state the Islamic nations are in breach of the UN charter
Can you link that Israel being a Jewish State is tune with UN policy? I doubt it.

Finally American presidential candidates are looking at Israeli intransience for why the ME is always at war: Israel.

STERLING, Va. (AP) — Donald Trump says that if he's elected president, he'll know within six months whether he can achieve an elusive peace accord between Israelis and Palestinians, one of the world's most vexing challenges. But the Republican presidential candidate says he has doubts about each side's commitment to the peace process.

Related Stories
  1. Kerry: Palestinian attacks are 'acts of terrorism' that must be condemned Reuters
  3. Trump tells Jewish group that, like ‘you folks,’ he’s a negotiator MarketWatch
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad
"I have a real question as to whether or not both sides want to make it," Trump said in an interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The Republican front-runner said his concerns are greater regarding "one side in particular." While Trump wouldn't say whether he was referring to the Israelis or the Palestinians, he said the chances for a lasting peace rest with Israel.

"A lot will have to do with Israel and whether or not Israel wants to make the deal — whether or not Israel's willing to sacrifice certain things," Trump said. "They may not be, and I understand that, and I'm OK with that. But then you're just not going to have a deal."

Trump stuck by his comments Thursday while speaking in Washington before the Republican Jewish Coalition, reiterating that he doesn't know "if Israel has the commitment" to reach a peace deal. He was loudly booed when he refused to say whether he supports Israel's position that Jerusalem is its undivided capital.

Give him credit, he speaks the truth!
Trump irks Jewish donors with comments on Mideast peace

"You're not going to support me even though you know I'm the best thing that could happen to Israel," Trump said. "I know why you're not going to support me — because I don't want your money. You want to control your own politician."

Related Stories
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

Slowly read your piost. He made statements about Both sides; not just Israel. He makes reference to Israel sacrificing certain things; NOT giving in to every Palestinian demand .

Tell us exactly what is wrong with recognizing Israel as a JEWISH STATE ? Why should there be a Palestinian State then? Any Arabs inside Israel would still be there wher Abbas is insisting on a NJA Palestinian State. I agree; NO JUSTICE ; NO PEACE !!!

Tell us exactly what is wrong with recognizing Israel as a JEWISH STATE ? Why should there be a Palestinian State then? Any Arabs inside Israel would still be there wher Abbas is insisting on a NJA Palestinian State. I agree; NO JUSTICE ; NO PEACE !!!

Israel controls a population of people that are not of the Jewish faith that is larger than the population which is of the Jewish faith. You don't see anything strange for a country to place a particular religion above all others and name the state after that religion when there are more people under that state's control that are not of that religion?

Israel controls a population of people that are not of the Jewish faith that is larger than the population which is of the Jewish faith. You don't see anything strange for a country to place a particular religion above all others and name the state after that religion when there are more people under that state's control that are not of that religion?

You see something wrong with the " Two State Solution" ; One where the Population. Is overwhelmingly Jewish Referred to that way but see nothing wrong with the other being called a " Palestinian State?" Just more proof that Pro Palestinians are inherently racist

Related Stories
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

Trump is absolutely right that peace rests with Israel. No more of Israel's damn Zioinist agenda of peace offerings, security fence & land concessions to keep Palistinians captives in Israel. Want peace? Let Israel treat the Palestinians with the same Arab country love, justice & respect the Palestinians are so well accustomed to --- and so well deserve. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

Related Stories
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

Slowly read your piost. He made statements about Both sides; not just Israel. He makes reference to Israel sacrificing certain things; NOT giving in to every Palestinian demand .
Maybe he'll do things in America's interest instead of the well heeled donors for Israel, like billionaire for Israel, Adelson...

Maybe Trump will introduce Campaign Finance Laws and render AIPAC toothless!

Related Stories
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

Maybe he'll do things in America's interest instead of the well heeled donors for Israel, like billionaire for Israel, Adelson...

Notice there was no direct comment regarding my post?
Maybe Trump will insist that the Palestinians NEGOTIATE !!!

Related Stories
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

Cry me a river IloveIsrael, he also would not commit to the "Undivided Jerusalem, " for Israel," for which he got booed by the Israel crowd...

Like the man said to the I love Israel crowd:"you can't buy me."

The Zionist lobby holds an insane amount of political power in this country. Anyone who even questions something that Israel or Bibb does is excoriated and forced to retract or "clarify" what he said. The obstacle (a mountain, to be honest) is Israel's demand that the indigenous Arabs accede to Israel ' s right to exist AS A JEWISH STATE. Israel's monstrous oppression of the Arabs in Palestine is never protested by the U.S., or even recognized formally. "No justice; no peace." Simple as that.
When palistanians prove the contention by paddling away from the general area, then we will talk, of course. For now the contention's dismissed as drivel.

Well then, that population may and can join the other population nearby and enjoy its population's population popular control there, of course.

Newsflash, whether or not the Arabs accede, Israel exists as Jewish state and will continue to do so.

Indeed, his right to be made a fool of by palistanians and fail on his own is his own, and he's got enough money to enjoy that, of course.

Related Stories
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

Cry me a river IloveIsrael, he also would not commit to the "Undivided Jerusalem, " for Israel," for which he got booed by the Israel crowd...

Cry me a River you Racist Hypocrite but I personally don't care whether Jerusalem is the Capital or not. Still haven't acknowledged he made it clear that both sides had to negotiate and what the Palestinians have brought to the table. The U.S will always give financial aid. Glad it bothers you

I'm

Related Stories
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

Cry me a River you Racist Hypocrite but I personally don't care whether Jerusalem is the Capital or not. Still haven't acknowledged he made it clear that both sides had to negotiate and what the Palestinians have brought to the table. The U.S will always give financial aid. Glad it bothers you
I'm glad you're crying IloveIsrael...The world and politicians are onto your finagling lies about wanting peace by Land thieving settlements...Go back to the 67 lines or America will abandon you too!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back