AP Discovers a Lot of Clinton Foundation Donars Got Special Favors

I could see this morning that Fox News was thrilled about this story today.

Scarborough seemed worried, and the MSNBC folks were treating it like it was a noteworthy development.

So I'm jumping into this thread without having read any of it...but as always, I want to check my understanding.

Are we supposed to be outraged because the Clintons invited Foundation donors to State Department functions?

Is that not allowed? by something? or some State Department rule about who you invite to functions?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if righties are just once again....mad, but not really sure why, other than someone described the situation in a way where it sounds like we should be mad.

No one is surprised that you're too fucking stupid to understand the significance of what Hillary has been caught doing.
I don't care about the significance.

And I know you're mad

I want to know what rule or law was broken
If, and I say "if", access to the U.S. Government was being sold via donations to the Clinton Foundations, that is a violation of the law.

Would you be OK with that, if that indeed happened?
"access" to the U.S. Government.

Why yes...if what happened at these events, was indeed the "access to the US Government" that has a law, which says it's a crime to sell that access.

I would say charges should be filed.

Okay!.......cite the law.

And!

Tell me how what the Clinton's did was a violation of it.

We don't know what, if anything was done. So, citing laws is a little premature. But, I will say this, it stinks to high heaven on the surface.

Scarborough seemed worried, and the MSNBC folks were treating it like it was a noteworthy development.

So I'm jumping into this thread without having read any of it...but as always, I want to check my understanding.

Are we supposed to be outraged because the Clintons invited Foundation donors to State Department functions?

Is that not allowed? by something? or some State Department rule about who you invite to functions?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if righties are just once again....mad, but not really sure why, other than someone described the situation in a way where it sounds like we should be mad.

No one is surprised that you're too fucking stupid to understand the significance of what Hillary has been caught doing.

Sure we do. Charge her, convict her, incarcerate her. I support that, carry on. Please.
I think you know if it were up to me, she would be in Supermax long ago.

And I know you're mad

If, and I say "if", access to the U.S. Government was being sold via donations to the Clinton Foundations, that is a violation of the law.

Why yes...if what happened at these events, was indeed the "access to the US Government" that has a law, which says it's a crime to sell that access.

And!

We don't know what, if anything was done. So, citing laws is a little premature. But, I will say this, it stinks to high heaven on the surface.
Everything Hillary does stinks...but it's not going to affect the election unless she's caught

I cant wait to see the Republicans twist themselves in knots saying they are against this while one guy will be in the back like this

Bernie_Sanders.jpg

And I know you're mad

And!

Everything Hillary does stinks...but it's not going to affect the election unless she's caught
She has already been caught, but the media is covering for her.

AP Discovers a Lot of Clinton Foundation Donars Got Special Favors

What "special favors"?
The AP didn't specify as you said they did.

We've been operating like this in america forever. Perhaps it should be considered outrageous for all. Justa thought.
We've been operating like this in america forever. Perhaps it should be considered outrageous for all. Justa thought.
Forever? Name one other Sec of State who took hundreds of millions of dollars in exchange for political favors.
I can name a Governor who did. He is serving a 14 year term in Federal prison.

What political favors are you referring to?
Meetings?
The Clintons took no no money at all.

And I know you're mad

And!

She has already been caught, but the media is covering for her.
Caught doing what? Inviting people who donated to a charity to a State Department dinner?

They donated money to a charity, that is respected by non Republicans and the rest of the world for doing good work, and then got invited to dinner.

So did someone sell arms? Or were government contracts awarded? or something bad I can grab ahold of?

Because all the GOP has now...is that Hillary didn't know much about computers...and the Clintons entertained people who donated to their foundation

Well, it's what you do in a Banana Republic.

News from The Associated Press
What?

This is the most interesting part of your article:

The meetings between the Democratic presidential nominee and foundation donors do not appear to violate legal agreements Clinton and former president Bill Clinton signed before she joined the State Department in 2009.
Maybe not what they signed, but violated Federal law.
Ask Blagovich.

Bullshit.
You would need a solid quid pro quo to call it criminal.

Was there a financial gain for her? Or did the money go to the charity and she and Bill took none of it for themselves?
I dont know that this was in the article or not, but Bill has received millions in 'speaking fees' while Hillary was Sec of State, and the people that bought him, err, I mean paid for his speeches had cases coming up for Hillary to decide on.

It is obvious that Hillary has been engaging in Pay-to-Play bribery schemes from the time she was appoint Secretary of State.

Many donors to Clinton Foundation met with her at State
More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It's an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president.

You don't know where the money went while posting a link referring to the number of donors who obtained a meeting?

WTF are you even talking about then?

that isn't what the article says. it says they met with her.

of course donations equal access....why do you think citizens united is such a travesty.

it's also how our government works. but please stamp your feet.

the only relevant question is was there any change in policy by the state department as a result of donations to the Clinton foundation.

you people are such losers. you'd kill a charity that does brilliant work just to screw with Hillary.

morons.

of course donations equal access....why do you think citizens united is such a travesty.

the only relevant question is was there any change in policy by the state department as a result of donations to the Clinton foundation.

you people are such losers. you'd kill a charity that does brilliant work just to screw with Hillary.

morons.

The evidence would seem to suggest donors asked for meetings, got the meetings, asked for favors at the meetings, and were denied those favors.

Its another phony email scandal. **************Hillary haters believe the mere release of emails is evidence of guilt************ Why? because they are stupid.

you know, for someone who claims that she and her husbands political careers have been met with conspiracy allegations after conspiracy allegations....you would think they would not set up a private server to make it easy to allege; not hop on a plane with the Attorney General to make it easy to allege; not delete emails to make it easy to allege; not allow anyone from their foundation reach out to the Office of the Secretary of State to make it easy to allege...

I mean.....even if she is innocent of all allegations......she is way too careless to be President.

Do we really want someone who can not even make herself look clean run the free world?

morons.

The evidence would seem to suggest donors asked for meetings, got the meetings, asked for favors at the meetings, and were denied those favors.

Its another phony email scandal. **************Hillary haters believe the mere release of emails is evidence of guilt************ Why? because they are stupid.

and that is exactly right.

Was there a financial gain for her? Or did the money go to the charity and she and Bill took none of it for themselves?
I dont know that this was in the article or not, but Bill has received millions in 'speaking fees' while Hillary was Sec of State, and the people that bought him, err, I mean paid for his speeches had cases coming up for Hillary to decide on.

It is obvious that Hillary has been engaging in Pay-to-Play bribery schemes from the time she was appoint Secretary of State.

More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It's an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president.
No Jim, there was no "pay for Play", there was no quid pro quo....and accusations of such is simply partisan political posturing.

ALSO the Clintons receive ZERO DOLLARS from the foundation donations, but children around the world get needed vaccinations, the needy get Malaria treatments, Aides medicines, young girls get educations etc etc etc.

Sure, that's where 5-10% of grants go, where is remaining 90-95%?

Slush fund.

By the way, are you saying they're discriminating against young boys?

Criminal
Pay
To
Play

BULLSHIT. If you were a criminal would start be so publically brazen to set up a Foundation with your name on it, which publishes lists of donors, and how much they donate. How stupid would that be?
Further evidence you know nothing about American politics.

Apparently I know a lot more than you do, because even I wouldn't be so stupid as to vote for a con man like Donald Trump. The fact that you will be indicates you are dumber than a sack of hammers. You have no right to question anyone else's mental abilities or general knowledge.

morons.

Seeing as the evidence just came out, I find it interesting that you have already found her innocent of anything.

The right is asking for an investigation....not saying she is guilty....just an investigation.

The left simply says "she is innocent and no need for an investigation"

Criminal
Pay
To
Play

BULLSHIT. If you were a criminal would start be so publically brazen to set up a Foundation with your name on it, which publishes lists of donors, and how much they donate. How stupid would that be?
Further evidence you know nothing about American politics.

Apparently I know a lot more than you do, because even I wouldn't be so stupid as to vote for a con man like Donald Trump. The fact that you will be indicates you are dumber than a sack of hammers. You have no right to question anyone else's mental abilities or general knowledge.
Typical...

If you don't think like I do, you are dumber than a sack of hammers.

No Jim, there was no "pay for Play", there was no quid pro quo....and accusations of such is simply partisan political posturing.

ALSO the Clintons receive ZERO DOLLARS from the foundation donations, but children around the world get needed vaccinations, the needy get Malaria treatments, Aides medicines, young girls get educations etc etc etc.

Sure, that's where 5-10% of grants go, where is remaining 90-95%?

Slush fund.

By the way, are you saying they're discriminating against young boys?

88% of the money donated to the Clinton Foundation is spent on programs.

Yes, the Foundation is all about helping girls in Third World Countries because boys already get educations, vaccinations, and food. The girls get nothing.

Forum List

Back