Apartheid in the Middle East - Let's End the Suffering

Great song, great group.

There is a video of a journey by water and an old style large ship sailing along to the song. The people are singing. It is magnificent. It's a song that makes me feel overwhelming emotion. Their just pouring out their hearts.... you can't help but get all weepy eyed.

You will learn in due time, Ropey that I do not understand some sarcasm / or what ya'll call satire. It is a factory defect problem. I was born that way. I do not get some jokes either. It is just how it is. No problem. I appreciate you're letting me know..

I saw this video tonight. It has some very sad photos - such as you'd see in time magazine only this time it is Arab Muslims, other Muslims being treated horrificly. We talk about the North Koreans that are suffering. The Jews that are suffering. The Christians that are suffering. But we usually don't discuss the Muslim suffering because we do not understand it. I will post other articles if you do not wish to see the video but as I said some photos may be too much for you and so you can opt for the articles instead. This what is called Apartheid although I do not know if I am spelling that correctly. The video will cover suffering Muslims from each individual country. It is a very moving video presentation.

Where is the REAL Apartheid in the Middle East? - YouTube

You can cry looking at this video -- lashings, hangings, forcing young girls into marriage, etc. etc. I really think the media should publicize more about what is actually happening in these countries so maybe people will sit up and take notice. Right now it appears that for some people it is more important to bash Israel when there are some horrific things going on in the Middle East countries about which they apparently close their eyes.

I think I was thinking of colonialism so skip the other question, Ropey. I was confused on that. It was many, many years ago they were under that rule.

You will learn in due time, Ropey that I do not understand some sarcasm / or what ya'll call satire. It is a factory defect problem. I was born that way. I do not get some jokes either. It is just how it is. No problem. I appreciate you're letting me know..

I'm not all that easy to figure out. That's why I use the emotes to denote how I'm feeling about what I'm saying. :doubt: means sarcasm for me.

Well, outside of the flame-zone that is. :D

Still, both Isaac and Ishmael came to bury their father, Abraham. Now they can't sit in the same room alone.

My brother still pisses me off too but I'll bury him or he'll bury me. I wish that my Jewish and Arab brothers could get back to that point at least.

That being said, the books don't show that as a happening.

Last edited:
I think it is suppressed for political reasons because there are powerful people manipulating what world leaders and rulers should focus their attention on. The U.N. is complicit in this because while they have finally stepped up to the plate this year for North Korea and human rights abuses the leader has commited - there has yet to be an accounting of what these are nations are doing. It is right before their eyes but they won't open them. So what do you do? Write letters?

I wish there could be a peaceful resolution too, Ropey. I also feel a great compassion for these girls who want an education, the women who are worried for the safety of their children - Syria is a heap of rubbel from the photos, so many people suffering and these fat cats sitting in the top echelons of office are off to wine tasting events! It makes my blood boil! What is wrong with people? What is wrong with our State Department? Our Media? They are a bunch of cowards! That is what they are!

I wish there could be a peaceful resolution too, Ropey. I also feel a great compassion for these girls who want an education, the women who are worried for the safety of their children - Syria is a heap of rubbel from the photos, so many people suffering and these fat cats sitting in the top echelons of office are off to wine tasting events! It makes my blood boil! What is wrong with people? What is wrong with our State Department? Our Media? They are a bunch of cowards! That is what they are!

The Middle East is a financial & military chess game for the major players Jeri. It's not cowardice that keeps this going and this has been going on for many, many centuries. Empires come and go, they control and relinquish their created partitions and destroy partitions with the swipes of hands over maps.

The Jews have gone to the Temple Mount but there has been much protesting over them going there. Not to go off topic but the word Apartheid. I heard that word years ago concerning Apartheid in Africa. I thought that was in reference to the British presence - am I mistaken? Do you know the history of that, Ropey? Maybe I'm confused. The British brought colonialism to India. Right? Why would it be called Apartheid on continent of Africa?

I'm sorry, what planet did you say you're from? It's in your post's title and you have no idea what apartheid is, no idea of it's history in South Africa. I'm afraid to ask, have you ever heard of Nelson Mandela?
Honestly I'm against all forms of voting registration limitations. But in your case I might make an exception, a citizen with such an abyssmal ignorance of recent history is a danger to the nation. How can you possibly claim that any judgement you make is informed when your pool of knowledge is so ridiculously shallow. I admire your good intentions, but you know, or maybe you don't, they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

You mentioned the British Empire. Hundreds of years of imperialism in the Middle East is a good place to start studying if you ever want to understand what is going on there. Until you have the most rudimentary historical knowledge of the region my thought is that any opinions you have about solutions to regional problems are probably worthless.

So how do we help those girls, Aris? Any suggestions? Write letters? Send letters to the organizations that are funded by Americans? Write Congressman, Senators in the US? Who?

18 days of testing for thousand of student need transport back to syria, permits to reenter Lebanon though the borders are closed to keep any more refugees from entering Lebanon, making sure they have a location to take the test that is safe, a place to stay for more than two weeks, transport to and from the test and boarding locations, to make sure the testing location has their specific tests and that the timing coincides with all the other test taking around the world. They have to make sure if the tests are taken in Syria that they have a valid location where results will get to the students after grading. Will they even know where they will be? Permission from Syria to reenter for the test, ID and proof they are registered for the test.........
Short of creating a tent city just across the boarder where they can stay and test for almost three weeks and stay confined so they do not become part of the conflict going on and bus them all back to Lebanon when the testing is over.
I don't see them being able to return to their original schools for testing. The schools might not even exist.
Syrian refugees would be scattered from across the country and transport to some of the areas would be highly dangerous.

A levels (US equivalent to AP exams) didn't make exemption for students. They all have to be test starting at the same time to GMT and is authorized locations. You basically walk in with empty pockets, have an envelope on a desk with your name on it. Sit down and when the timer starts you open the envelope and begin the test. Some people are taking the test in the middle of night local time. No breaks till the timer says pencils down.

BACC are worse from friends who took them. Most of my cousins took the BACCs. I attended a Quaker school and took O's and A's. Fortunately I was a boarder but some students miss their exams due to road closings. A lot of the students didn't even graduate because they missed so much of the last semester. Feels like a century ago.

If any thing can be done it has to be in the next few days. Testing begins the first of the month.

Last edited:
The Jews have gone to the Temple Mount but there has been much protesting over them going there. Not to go off topic but the word Apartheid. I heard that word years ago concerning Apartheid in Africa. I thought that was in reference to the British presence - am I mistaken? Do you know the history of that, Ropey? Maybe I'm confused. The British brought colonialism to India. Right? Why would it be called Apartheid on continent of Africa?

I'm sorry, what planet did you say you're from? It's in your post's title and you have no idea what apartheid is, no idea of it's history in South Africa. I'm afraid to ask, have you ever heard of Nelson Mandela?
Honestly I'm against all forms of voting registration limitations. But in your case I might make an exception, a citizen with such an abyssmal ignorance of recent history is a danger to the nation. How can you possibly claim that any judgement you make is informed when your pool of knowledge is so ridiculously shallow. I admire your good intentions, but you know, or maybe you don't, they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

You mentioned the British Empire. Hundreds of years of imperialism in the Middle East is a good place to start studying if you ever want to understand what is going on there. Until you have the most rudimentary historical knowledge of the region my thought is that any opinions you have about solutions to regional problems are probably worthless.

Absolutely not. I believe I know what apartheid is I was just wondering if the Muslims had done what is viewed in the video to the people on continent of Africa - of their own accord or was behind it - which govt - what people- etc. Like today the genocide you see in Darfur is financed by globalists who are paying off their govts. The Sudanese govt was paid by them and in turn the govt paid the Janjaweed militia to slaughter and drive the rest into camps. They are after the oil and natural minerals found there.

I've seen documentaries on the brutality of the Russian soldiers there raping women, killing them off camera and the next day the young guy with the camera said, oh that woman last night. She died of aids today. In other words, I cannot tell you this but they just killed her. These guys are down there on business for Putin but these are the things they get away with. Another story completely.

In other words, how far back does this abuse go on the continent of Africa. I know there were slavers in the subsaharan region that practiced castration for 600 yrs resulting in an entirely different looking race of people - according to tribes in that region..the black men were castrated so their arab slavers would know they were the only males having access to the women. Through this process - and the span of 600 yrs the scientists are guessing approximately 300 million black people are missing off the subsaharan region today. That would be the population of the USA, Smedley. So national geo did a report on it and it was pulled after they were bought out years ago. You can find that report in Secrets of the Koran by Don Richardson. Buy the book.

As to history? I didn't get the education, Smedley, that you did. But from what I can see of your writings I'd say I'm more informed than you are so until you catch up to speed here let's leave out the insults. I requested people be respectful from the OP and message following it. You obviously "missed the memo"... point being if we cannot counter the message lets not attack the messenger or those who comment on it. :eusa_angel: I will certainly have a look at imperial rule in the middle east. Thanks for the helpful suggestion. The rest of it? It's forgotten. Clean slate for you. Have a nice day. - Jeri

Last edited:
Great song, great group.
[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

That is the beginning of Zionism.

Psalms 137
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?

Zionism is not a new political movement as some might have you believe, it is the desire to return *home*. The Jewish people had been exiled to Babylon and this poem reflects their pain.

I never gave "Zionism" as a movement much thought until coming here. It seems though to have added more meanings through the years, particularly after the formation of Israel making it hard for people to agree on what it is. If I understand it correctly - in it's first and purest sense, it is as you say, the desire to return home from exile.

All people deserve a homeland, and to be safe, at liberty and to be free from persecution. Unfortunately - in far too many places around the world that is not the case :(

I've long loved By the Rivers of Babylon - it evokes a longing and a long wandering. Music speaks where words fail ;)

I'm going to go and write letters on behalf of the school girls. I hope they get to take their tests. Have a great day, everyone! - Jeri

Great song, great group.
[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

That is the beginning of Zionism.

Psalms 137
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?

Zionism is not a new political movement as some might have you believe, it is the desire to return *home*. The Jewish people had been exiled to Babylon and this poem reflects their pain.

I never gave "Zionism" as a movement much thought until coming here. It seems though to have added more meanings through the years, particularly after the formation of Israel making it hard for people to agree on what it is. If I understand it correctly - in it's first and purest sense, it is as you say, the desire to return home from exile.

All people deserve a homeland, and to be safe, at liberty and to be free from persecution. Unfortunately - in far too many places around the world that is not the case :(

I've long loved By the Rivers of Babylon - it evokes a longing and a long wandering. Music speaks where words fail ;)

Indeed Coyote and in that context it never has been the case. That's why it's necessary to center on singular cases. If we look at the totality of that statement in the context of history and modernity?

It's just too much...

...humanity.

Absolutely not. I believe I know what apartheid is I was just wondering if the Muslims had done what is viewed in the video to the people on continent of Africa - of their own accord or was behind it - which govt - what people- etc. Like today the genocide you see in Darfur is financed by globalists who are paying off their govts. The Sudanese govt was paid by them and in turn the govt paid the Janjaweed militia to slaughter and drive the rest into camps. They are after the oil and natural minerals found there.

I've seen documentaries on the brutality of the Russian soldiers there raping women, killing them off camera and the next day the young guy with the camera said, oh that woman last night. She died of aids today. In other words, I cannot tell you this but they just killed her. These guys are down there on business for Putin but these are the things they get away with. Another story completely.

In other words, how far back does this abuse go on the continent of Africa. I know there were slavers in the subsaharan region that practiced castration for 600 yrs resulting in an entirely different looking race of people - according to tribes in that region..the black men were castrated so their arab slavers would know they were the only males having access to the women. Through this process - and the span of 600 yrs the scientists are guessing approximately 300 million black people are missing off the subsaharan region today. That would be the population of the USA, Smedley. So national geo did a report on it and it was pulled after they were bought out years ago. You can find that report in Secrets of the Koran by Don Richardson. Buy the book.

As to history? I didn't get the education, Smedley, that you did. But from what I can see of your writings I'd say I'm more informed than you are so until you catch up to speed here let's leave out the insults. I requested people be respectful from the OP and message following it. You obviously "missed the memo"... point being if we cannot counter the message lets not attack the messenger or those who comment on it. :eusa_angel: I will certainly have a look at imperial rule in the middle east. Thanks for the helpful suggestion. The rest of it? It's forgotten. Clean slate for you. Have a nice day. - Jeri

I don't want to get in a big argument off the topic of your OP (which I acknowledged show good intentions and a desire to help oppressed people.) I sometimes have a knee-jerk response to Christians who I perceive as having a holier-than-thou attitude towards certain subjects. For instance let's take the slave trade for an example. The African slave trade controlled mainly by Islamists was arguably more brutal than the Atlantic Slave trade ( which itself was heinous enough). And Christians should not forget that
slavery was condoned and justified by many clergy who used passages such as 1 Peter 2: 18-25:
NIV; "Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh".
And of course you're probably more familiar than I am with the Bible stories of Ham and Cush that forever condemned Black people to a lesser, evil caste. I just don't like hypocracy.

As to the rest of your reply there's a lot of dots that I had trouble connecting so I won't comment on most of it. I will say your probably wrong about the difference in our educations. I didn't get past the first year of university so there can't be much to separate us there. I do try too keep current though. And I'm sorry but my interpretations of history are not filtered through a haze of ancient mythology.

Forum List

Back