Apparently It's International Women's Day

And as a woman myself, not only can I see that that's the dumbest idea for a holiday that I ever heard of, but I find it insulting since women should be appreciated every day, not just a single day of the year.

Does celebrating a person's birthday mean they are not appreciated every day, but just a single day of the year?

Does celebrating a person's birthday mean they are not appreciated every day, but just a single day of the year?

No, of course not,.. but it's actually celebrating the day they were born. Men's and women's days have no real cause or purpose.

No, of course not,.. but it's actually celebrating the day they were born. Men's and women's days have no real cause or purpose.

Is it any different than mother's day or father's day?

Why cannot I not celebrate women? I think they are amazing

You can and you should as same with men,.. I just don't think we need an official day for it is all.

I get ya and understand where you are coming from.

But recall, even in this country, it was not more than a generation or two ago women were treated as second class citizens. In many other countries they are treated even worse than that

What sort of decorations do you put up for International Womens' Day? Are their IWD Carols?

inflatable_female_doll.jpg

And as a woman myself, not only can I see that that's the dumbest idea for a holiday that I ever heard of, but I find it insulting since women should be appreciated every day, not just a single day of the year. Just like men should and are appreciated every day. It makes it seem like women are more important then men since they're singling them out like this.

My wife thinks it's stupid.

She said if women want to be equal then they should either act equal and say they don't want a woman's day, or demand there be a men's day.

Then again this is the same woman who reminds me and others there are women supreme court judges, women doctors, business owners and one was almost the president. The day of fighting for women's rights to be equal are over.

She also hates sweetest day. I love that woman.

I will never recognize any person because of the color of their skin, their ethnic background, their culture, or their sex.

They did fuck all to get it...why should we celebrate it?

This news should also go on the Ukraine War threads, because Nuland is squaring off against Russia's Zakharova in the media.

Forum List

Back