Applebee's Sucks

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I just went there tonight before the movies with a friend because Texas Roadhouse had a two hour wait. I asked for my burger to be well-done, not burnt to a crisp, and the fries didn't have much flavor at all. I can get a better burger at home. :rolleyes:

I just went there tonight before the movies with a friend because Texas Roadhouse had a two hour wait. I asked for my burger to be well-done, not burnt to a crisp, and the fries didn't have much flavor at all. I can get a better burger at home. :rolleyes:
They've gone down hill. They ain't in good shape either. They been shuttering eateries for yrs now

There are very few of those chain places like Applebees or Chili's that I will go to. I make better food and my drinks are better.

I don't go to chain restaurants. Locally owned and operated only.

Absolutely.

St. Augustine's independently owned restaurants are served by a fleet of fishing and shrimp boats which bring in hundreds of pound of fresh catch, literally, every single morning.

It astounds me that a restaurant like Red Lobster can exist here...

Absolutely.

St. Augustine's independently owned restaurants are served by a fleet of fishing and shrimp boats which bring in hundreds of pound of fresh catch, literally, every single morning.

St Augustine is one of our favorite places to go!! Plenty of great food, an awesome state park for camping, and tons of history.

I don't doubt what you say about Texas Roadhouse for a second. Last night the parking lot of my local Texas Roadhouse was packed. I was at the place next door: Fazoli's which is my next favorite place after Golden Corral. To me, there is no better breadstick compared to what comes from Fazoli's. Olive Garden came close the last time that I was there, but still, to me, Fazoli's is the best.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Apple Bee's has always been a middle of the road restaurant in my opinion. I've never hated it, but it is not a favorite either. If anything, I only think about a cousin that I lost to Cancer in late 2011 whenever I am there. She and I went to my local Apple Bee's on December 31st of 2010, and the expression on her face for most of the night was like a window into the only thing that was on her mind: the deteriorating of her health. Her final day was on the Monday before Thanksgiving.

Absolutely.

I don't think Red Lobster realizes you can prepare seafood without deep frying it.

I actually opened the first Applebees in MN as a cook years ago when I still did that for a living.
Food was pretty good then for a fast paced sit down eatery...
Went to one a couple years ago and the food was awful and nothing like what used to be served there.

I have no idea how this franchise is still in business.
In the 90s they use to okay. Up there with Ruby Tuesdays, Chilis.
By the 2010s... they were obviously in financial squeeze.
Last time we were in one was somewhere in West Virginia, traveling through and hungry, not much along the interstates there.
So we went there. I remember we both said we wished we would have just went to the Wendy's next to it.

Forum List

Back