‘Arctic April’ is Breaking Hundreds Of Cold Records in America

The idea of Gulf Stream slowdowns as a mechanism in climate change is not merely theoretical. There is actually evidence from the study of ocean sediments that deepwater formation in the north Atlantic was diminished during the sudden cold Heinrich events and other colder phases of the last 130,000 years, including the Younger Dryas phase (e.g., Fairbanks, 1989; Kennett, 1990; Maslin, 199x). The same appears to have been true further back in time to 1.5 Myr ago (Raymo et al. 1998). The process also 'switched on' rapidly at times when climates suddenly warmed around the north Atlantic Basin, such as at the beginning of interstadials or the beginning of the present interglacial (Ramussen et al. 1997). Decreasing deep water formation occurred at times when the climate was cooling towards the end of an interstadial, and it diminished suddenly with the final cooling event that marked the end of the interstadial (Ramussen et al., 1997), and over a period of less than 300 years at the beginning of the Younger Dryas (e.g., Berger and Jansen, 1995)

These are words from technical papers written by subject matter experts. They are not my words.
no comment

no comment
The Intra-Eemian cooling event - if it really did happen - is perhaps one of the most alarming of the changes observed from recent climate history, because it occurred in the midst of an interglacial not too dissimilar from our own. There are strong signs that a rapid cut-off in NADW formation was associated with this climate change (Maslin and Tzedakis, 1996). This event near 122 ka seems to have coincided with intense cooling and freshening in the seas west of Ireland and in the northern Norwegian Sea (Cortijo et al., 1994; Fronval and Jansen, 1996). Today any similar reduction in the salinity of the sea surface in these two areas would be enough to result in a reduction of deep water formation in the Nordic Seas (e.g. Bryan, 1986; Dickson et al., 1990; Seidov and Maslin, 1996). This reduction could explain why Europe (and perhaps other areas) cooled so dramatically (Maslin et al. 1998).

ding

I do not start now to discuss again what is since decades totally clear. If you like to study meteorology then do so. Without me.

ding

I do not start now to discuss again what is since decades totally clear.
The role of the ocean in storing, distributing and establishing climate is well known and well understood. Change the currents and you change the climate. Some regions are more sensitive to change than others and have more of a global impact than others. The Arctic is that region. The Little Ice age was triggered by a disruption of the ocean's heat circulation to the Arctic and that when that heat circulation was restored, the planet returned to it's natural interglacial warming trend. The contribution of the Industrial Revolution isn't nothing but all warming is not due to it. 0.22C top 0.5C is the contribution of 120 ppm of CO2.
  1. The ocean stores the majority of heat the earth receives from the sun
  2. The ocean holds 1000 times more heat than the atmosphere
  3. The ocean distributes that heat to the rest of the globe using currents
  4. Without ocean currents the polar regions would be colder and the equator would be hotter such that much of the planet would be inhospitable for life
  5. Ocean currents are affected by density (salinity and thermal expansion) and wind.
  6. Wind patterns are affected by the sun
  7. If heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic were disrupted it would lead to catastrophic cooling

Again, ding :

I do not start now to discuss again what is since decades totally clear. If you like to study meteorology then do so. Without me.

Again, ding :

When heat is circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere deglaciates and the planet warms.

When heat is not being circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere glaciates and the planet cools.

When heat is circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere deglaciates and the planet warms.

When heat is not being circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere glaciates and the planet cools.
no comment

Political subversive hacks have no scientific papers. They only have no comments.

no comment

Question: Do you not know what means "no comment"?
It means... no mas.

1723218338561.png

„Jeder Tag ist Weihnachten auf der Erde, jedes mal, wenn einer dem anderen seine Liebe schenkt, wenn Herzen Glück empfinden, ist Weihnachten, dann steigt Gott wieder vom Himmel herab und bringt das Licht.“
Mutter Teresa / mother Teresa
"Every day is Christmas on earth, every time someone gives their love to another, when hearts feel happiness, it is Christmas, then God descends from heaven again and brings the light."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back