Are Colleges responsible for their terrorists?

Should universities be liable for their student visa "terrorists"?

• YES. They need to be more careful who they admit.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • NO. They are not responsible for their students.

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

More specifically, the FBI.

Why should the FBI need to track 15,000 idiots that overstayed their visas?

Because that's their fucking job?

As a taxpayer I prefer to minimize the problem by keeping potential terrorist out of the US. Then the FBI can focus better on keeping us safe from other threats.
Tell me you have no problem letting terrorists in on student visas like the Tsarnaevs?
Common sense says to minimize the risk of terrorism, not increase it.

As a taxpayer I prefer to minimize the problem by keeping potential terrorist out of the US. Then the FBI can focus better on keeping us safe from other threats.
Tell me you have no problem letting terrorists in on student visas like the Tsarnaevs?

So you want to make catching terrorists the responsibility of colleges? :cuckoo:

This thread is coming from someone who obviously has never been to college and is of low intelligence. We're blaming colleges for terrorists now? :cuckoo:

This thread is obviously motivated by ignorance and hate.

We actually have conservatives subscribing to this thread advocating persons not be allowed to enter the US or allowed to attend colleges and universities based solely on their religion and/or ethnicity, absent any due process or objective evidence that those seeking admission are indeed planning a terrorist attack.

What criteria, exactly, is a college or university going to use to deny a student access who has a student visa? That’s he’s Muslim? That’s he’s from the Middle East?

And what would be the grounds for the lawsuit for damages by the victims' families, that the college or university admitted a Muslim student?

Subjected to objective analysis, the OP should realize the idiocy of his premise, and that he is clearly motivated by ignorance and hate.

Universities have a responsibility to ensure that they don't admit terrorists on student visas, otherwise they will be sued for damages.
1. "Grounds?" Look at PSU, they had to compensate victims for child abuse.

It was proven that officials and authorities at PSU had known for years that Sandusky was molesting boys, like since 1994. There was a cover-up at the top on down through the ranks.

That is not a comparison for a college or university that grants admission to a foreign kid with no arrest record much less allegations.

So you want to make catching terrorists the responsibility of colleges?

Reading comprehension not your strong suit? Show me where I said that.

This thread is obviously motivated by ignorance and hate.

We actually have conservatives subscribing to this thread advocating persons not be allowed to enter the US or allowed to attend colleges and universities based solely on their religion and/or ethnicity, absent any due process or objective evidence that those seeking admission are indeed planning a terrorist attack.

What criteria, exactly, is a college or university going to use to deny a student access who has a student visa? That’s he’s Muslim? That’s he’s from the Middle East?

And what would be the grounds for the lawsuit for damages by the victims' families, that the college or university admitted a Muslim student?

Subjected to objective analysis, the OP should realize the idiocy of his premise, and that he is clearly motivated by ignorance and hate.

Universities have a responsibility to ensure that they don't admit terrorists on student visas, otherwise they will be sued for damages.

It was proven that officials and authorities at PSU had known for years that Sandusky was molesting boys, like since 1994. There was a cover-up at the top on down through the ranks.

That is not a comparison for a college or university that grants admission to a foreign kid with no arrest record much less allegations.

Point being that universities have known since the 1972 Olympics that certain populations are prone to terrorism. Yet they still admit them on student visas. If one of their sponsored students commits terrorism, the school should be sued to compensate the victims.

So you want to make catching terrorists the responsibility of colleges?

Reading comprehension not your strong suit? Show me where I said that.

The FBI has more important things to do than track terrorists let in on student visas.

We're blaming colleges for acts of terror by terrorists who get into the US on student visas to their universities.

Why should the rest of us be put at risk of terrorists since the idiot universities keep bringing them in on student visas?

This is why I say you're someone who's never been to college and has a low intellect because you don't seem to understand your own words.

You lose.

My argument is that colleges should not let potential terrorists into the US.

You are arguing that <I said> colleges need to capture terrorists after they are here.

Big difference. Thanks for playing.

Point being that universities have known since the 1972 Olympics that certain populations are prone to terrorism. Yet they still admit them on student visas. If one of their sponsored students commits terrorism, the school should be sued to compensate the victims.

What next? Sue the airline for flying them to America? Sue the grocery stores for selling them food?

You've got your brains in your behind.

It's not the university's job to track terrorists.

You lose.

You are arguing that <I said> colleges need to capture terrorists after they are here.

By potential terrorists, you mean an entire demographic based on stereotypes.

That's where you lose.

I don't think you understand how the F-1 visa program works.

Colleges don't give out the student visas - US Consulates do. It's not the college's job to do security background checks, that would be the job of the consulate that issues the visa.

You lose.

How the fuck does a college know who a terrorist is? Because they're brown or muslim? That's the whole of your argument is that colleges are supposed to know and somehow deal with and catch potential terrorists. And that's why I say you're stupid and a low intelligence. I don't even think you understand the words you're typing.

The Tsarnaevs didn't come in on student visas.

Colleges should absolutely be required to report that a "student" has never shown up for any classes. After all, student visas are not granted, then the student comes here hoping to find a university to attend. They are admitted to school first. On the basis of that admission they get a student visa. Colleges never report a foreign student that has been admitted has never shown up for any classes.

Look, if you started a thread that said the government messed up badly on this one or that we need to re-examine how we issue student visas, I'd be all about that. But to blame the colleges is just weird to me as there's little logic in that. Colleges are only businesses meant to steal as much money from young people as possible and to create indentured servants, they don't care or know if you're a terrorist or not.

Now... if you want to start a thread about why are we letting so many foreigners steal those spots in higher education from American kids, I'd :clap2: that shit.

Forum List

Back