Are knives arms?

You do not sound very informed. Nobody had any guns at the j6 event other than law enforcement, yet lefties promote the notion that j6 was an armed insurrection.
I have not heard anyone call it an armed insurrection. Just an insurrection.

People with AR15s don't stand much of a chance against people with M4s.

Plus, all the other crap the US military has.

Did you know the US military has a machinegun that fires grenades?
Ever since I saw the Dogs of War with Christopher Walken, I've wanted a Second Model 26.5mm Manville Machine-Projector.

And a Tommy gun.

The bottom line is that I don't like to read that a 16yr old shot up his school with an AR15, or a 17 yr old marching into a violent protest, gun in hand. They should not be readily available, and should be regulated. I also do not believe that the founding fathers would support today's gun activity, which has evolved due to a lack of enforced regulation.
Mass shootings are tragic. Because of their nature, they get all the press.

However, they make up only about 3/10 of one percent of all gun deaths.

We lose about 20,000 people a year to gun violence. A little over half of those are suicides. Someone who really wants to kill themselves will still do so even if you magically eliminate all guns.

So let's focus on the 10,000 annual gun deaths each year which are not the result of mass shootings or suicide. I would venture to say that almost none of them are death by AR-15. AR-15s get a bad rep the same way pit bulls do. They get all the press while the vast majority of deaths are by handgun.

We have a handgun problem, not an "assault weapon" problem.

Handguns are way easier to conceal and thus the preferred means of murder and mayhem.

Your obsession with weapons like AR-15s which "did not exist" when the Bill of Rights was written is misguided.

The bottom line is that I don't like to read that a 16yr old shot up his school with an AR15
I don't know how old you are, but I am of an age that it was normal to see kids coming to school with rifles in gun racks in the back windows of their pickup trucks.

It's not the weapons that have changed.

It's us.

I don't know the answer to the OP's question....all I know is that in Crime Investigation....... that series that I watch in cable,....

80% of the women ....some men..... who were murdered .....were murdered with a steak knife.... you know...... taken from the kitchen drawer.
So not only murdered with steak knives but with cheap steak knives. I would never put my steak knives in a drawer.

Mass shootings are tragic. Because of their nature, they get all the press.

However, they make up only about 3/10 of one percent of all gun deaths.

We lose about 20,000 people a year to gun violence. A little over half of those are suicides. Someone who really wants to kill themselves will still do so even if you magically eliminate all guns.

So let's focus on the 10,000 annual gun deaths each year which are not the result of mass shootings or suicide. I would venture to say that almost none of them are death by AR-15. AR-15s get a bad rep the same way pit bulls do. They get all the press while the vast majority of deaths are by handgun.

We have a handgun problem, not an "assault weapon" problem.

Handguns are way easier to conceal and thus the preferred means of murder and mayhem.

Your obsession with weapons like AR-15s which "did not exist" when the Bill of Rights was written is misguided.
We don't have a handgun problem. We have social problems created by the left's destruction of the black family structure, courts letting violent criminals loose on the streets, a culture of thug behavior celebrated, in an attempt to look cool, by the very families harmed the most by that behavior.

Most handguns will never be fired at another human being, legally or otherwise.

We don't have a handgun problem. We have social problems created by the left's destruction of the black family structure, courts letting violent criminals loose on the streets, a culture of thug behavior celebrated, in an attempt to look cool, by the very families harmed the most by that behavior.

Most handguns will never be fired at another human being, legally or otherwise.
I agree that your points are all valid. However, I also think we do have a handgun problem for the same reason we have an opioid crisis.

Like all publicly traded corporations, drug manufacturers and gun makers need to make higher and higher profits each quarter to keep their stockholders happy. This results in them flooding the country with their product. And when that happens, they are knowingly producing drugs and guns they know will end up in the wrong hands.

And they just don't give a fuck.

Forum List

Back