Zone1 Are many Christians acting very un-Christian like?

You are a piece of work.
The United States IS a republic and a democracy. It's a democracy because the people hold the ultimate power. In addition, it's a republic becaused the people have a representative which speaks on the peoples behalf it's ruled by laws and isn't a tyranny or monarchy.
You're a piece of work. The founders wanted a constitutional republic, and that is what they established with the Constitution. What they chartered was a federation.

That democracy has infiltrated the federal government beyond the House of Representatives is not the founders' fault. It's you lefties' fault.

The law was nailed to the cross. You're ignorant.
What law was on the cross? I do not know?
I know Pontius Pilate was not a Jew. He was the Roman govenor to enforce Roman law. I know a group of Jews brought Jesus to Pontius Pilate based on their feeling of blasphemy toward the Jewish religion. Pontius Pilate had authority to enforce Roman law. Jewish law is not part of Roman law. Pontius Pilate was trying to placate the jewish group but he had to use Roman law.

I do not know everything. None of us do. I always listen to new information and move on from there.

I do not want to be like the group of Jews who took Jesus to pontius Pilate. The group was threatened because Jesus brought up ideas that challenged their thinking. They were closed minded.
I see many Christians, today, wanting crucify anyone who brings up ideas that are not in align with their current beliefs. Are you one of those. Are you like the Jews who brought Jesus to Pontius Pilate; closed minded to new ideas?

What law was on the cross? I do not know?
I know Pontius Pilate was not a Jew. He was the Roman govenor to enforce Roman law. I know a group of Jews brought Jesus to Pontius Pilate based on their feeling of blasphemy toward the Jewish religion. Pontius Pilate had authority to enforce Roman law. Jewish law is not part of Roman law. Pontius Pilate was trying to placate the jewish group but he had to use Roman law.

I do not know everything. None of us do. I always listen to new information and move on from there.

I do not want to be like the group of Jews who took Jesus to pontius Pilate. The group was threatened because Jesus brought up ideas that challenged their thinking. They were closed minded.
I see many Christians, today, wanting crucify anyone who brings up ideas that are not in align with their current beliefs. Are you one of those. Are you like the Jews who brought Jesus to Pontius Pilate; closed minded to new ideas?
Of course you don't know because you don't know what your Bible says. Study your Bible and find out.

You're a piece of work. The founders wanted a constitutional republic, and that is what they established with the Constitution. What they chartered was a federation.

That democracy has infiltrated the federal government beyond the House of Representatives is not the founders' fault. It's you lefties' fault.
How are the members of the House and Senate chosen. BY A DEMOCRATIC ELECTION set up in our constitution.
You sound like Bill Clinton; "it depends on what your definition of is is." Begging the question

How are the members of the House and Senate chosen. BY A DEMOCRATIC ELECTION set up in our constitution.
You sound like Bill Clinton; "it depends on what your definition of is is." Begging the question
The House was the only democratic part of the federal government. Not the Senate. Not til Amendment 17. And not any other part of the federal government. Not even the Electoral College.

Kapish?

You said the founders wanted a democracy. You're wrong.

Of course you don't know because you don't know what your Bible says. Study your Bible and find out.
I feel the Bible is devinely inspired but written and re-written by man. Man is flawed, even in their interpretation through devine intervention.
I may be wrong but through much study, that is what I feel It is exemplified by the example of bible verses I asked you if you have adhered to?
I am mortal man. I am not perfect. But neither are you. A true believer must be humble. When believers feel they are as perfect as God, they are thinking wrong about many things.

I feel the Bible is devinely inspired but written and re-written by man. Man is flawed, even in their interpretation through devine intervention.
I may be wrong but through much study, that is what I feel It is exemplified by the example of bible verses I asked you if you have adhered to?
I am mortal man. I am not perfect. But neither are you. A true believer must be humble. When believers feel they are as perfect as God, they are thinking wrong about many things.
Do what I did years ago. Find a nondenominational Bible believing congregation and join a study group.

The House was the only democratic part of the federal government. Not the Senate. Not til Amendment 17. And not any other part of the federal government. Not even the Electoral College.

Kapish?

You said the founders wanted a democracy. You're wrong.
Why was their democratic elections for the leaders of the republic.
I realize this requires complex thinking that you are not capable of.
The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens' ideas and concerns in government.

Why was their democratic elections for the leaders of the republic.
I realize this requires complex thinking that you are not capable of.
The United States is a representative democracy. This means that our government is elected by citizens. Here, citizens vote for their government officials. These officials represent the citizens' ideas and concerns in government.
There weren't democratic elections for leaders of the republic; only democratic elections for representatives of districts.

I realize this requires basic thinking that you're not capable of.

The US was established as a constitutional republic.

Last edited:
There weren't democratic elections for leaders of the republic; only democratic elections for representatives of districts.

I realize this requires basic thinking that you're not capable of.

The US was established as a constitutional republic.
So you are saying the USA is not a Democracy. Ok, I will let you go forward with that.
How does that go over most peole you discuss politics with.
You cannot see the forest for the trees.
You are looking at specific verbage not what government the Constitution set up.

The word democracy comes from the Greek words "demos", meaning people, and "kratos" meaning power; so democracy can be thought of as "power of the people": a way of governing which depends on the will of the people.
A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives."

Whose will, do you feel, determines the rules for our governing, if it is not the people's, Einstein?

So you are saying the USA is not a Democracy. Ok, I will let you go forward with that.
How does that go over most peole you discuss politics with.
You cannot see the forest for the trees.
You are looking at specific verbage not what government the Constitution set up.

The word democracy comes from the Greek words "demos", meaning people, and "kratos" meaning power; so democracy can be thought of as "power of the people": a way of governing which depends on the will of the people.
A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives."

Whose will, do you feel, determines the rules for our governing, if it is not the people's, Einstein?
It's not about whether the US is a democracy,; it's about whether it was.

You said the founders established a democracy, remember? I said democracy has infiltrated our federal government, remember?

Try to keep up.

d
It's not about whether the US is a democracy,; it's about whether it was.

You said the founders established a democracy, remember? I said democracy has infiltrated our federal government, remember?

Try to keep up.
Argue with Lincoln.
Abraham Lincoln said, "Democracy is a rule of the people, for the people and by the people". It means that democracy is a form of government in which the rulers are elected by the people. The citizens of the country elect the Government to rule the country and the elected government work for the welfare of the people.

There was no infiltration of Democracy. The government our Constitution built is the government Lincoln describes.

No he didn't.
I can teach you much. You have so much to learn.

How would you answer the question below? You would probably answer Nelson Mandela. WRONG.
Question

Who made the famous quote, "Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people"?​

A
Daniel Lewis
B
Nelson Mandela
C
Abraham Lincoln
D
George Washington
Solution

The correct option is D Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln has said, "Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people".​

Also, how about the Gettysburg address? It is a speech Lincoln made. I am guessing you have never heard of it. There is so much you have to learn.

“that these dead shall not have died in vain– that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth” (U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, The Gettysburg Address, November 19, 1863) It is one of the best known speeches ...

I can teach you much. You have so much to learn.

How would you answer the question below? You would probably answer Nelson Mandela. WRONG.
Question

Who made the famous quote, "Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people"?​

A
Daniel Lewis
B
Nelson Mandela
C
Abraham Lincoln
D
George Washington
Solution

The correct option is D Abraham Lincoln​

Abraham Lincoln has said, "Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people".​

Also, how about the Gettysburg address? It is a speech Lincoln made. I am guessing you have never heard of it. There is so much you have to learn.

“that these dead shall not have died in vain– that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth” (U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, The Gettysburg Address, November 19, 1863) It is one of the best known speeches ...
In what speech did Lincoln say, "Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people"?

In what speech did Lincoln say, "Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people"?
As I said, you are a piece of work.
You are begging the question. You are focusing on a tree instead of understanding the forest.
Is this how you interact with people in your real life. Do you have anyone who will interact with you.
I am guessing a lot of people find you a piece of work.

Lincoln did not say "Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people" in a speech.
He texted it to his wife.

Forum List

Back