Are Obamas 14 Changes to Obamacare Constitutional?

Are Obamas 14 Changes to Obamacare Constitutional?

• Most of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half of them

• Some of them

• None of them

• Total voters

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
31 Changes to ObamaCare?So Far | Galen Institute

1. Congressional opt-out (September 30, 2013)
2. Delaying the individual mandate (October 23, 2013)
3. Employer-mandate delay (July 2, 2013)
4. Self-attestation (July 15, 2013)
5. Small businesses on hold (March 11, 2013)
6. Closing the high-risk pool (February 15, 2013)
7. Medicare Advantage patch (April 19, 2011)
8. Employee reporting (January 1, 2012)
9. Doubling allowed deductibles (February 20, 2013)
10. Delaying a low-income plan (March 22, 2013)
11. Insurance companies may offer canceled plans (November 14, 2013)
12. Delaying the online SHOP exchange (November 27, 2013)
13. Extending Preexisting Condition Insurance Plan(December 12, 2013)
14. Expanding catastrophic hardship waiver (December 19, 2013)

Last edited:
In my rush to post this thread I accidently placed "none of them" instead of "Yes" in the poll. In any case, I doubt that there are any among us who believe that Obama can change a law without an act of congress.

OP should take a stand.

They are legal until Congress or the courts say otherwise.

In my rush to post this thread I accidently placed "none of them" instead of "Yes" in the poll. In any case, I doubt that there are any among us who believe that Obama can change a law without an act of congress.
It doesn't matter. No one who knows how our system is supposed to work could honestly vote "yes". We are living under a forced dictatorship right now and no one seems to know what to do about it.

OP should take a stand.

That's right! The Chief executive's job is to execute the laws passed by Congress deemed Constitutional by the USSC. He doesn't need to get bogged down with Constitutional dogma. IN executing the law I would think he'd be allowed room to adjust, tweak, and manipulate it as new information or data is analyzed and reported to him.

OP fail because no one demonstrates that Obama is doing anything illegal.

It doesn't matter. No one who knows how our system is supposed to work could honestly vote "yes". We are living under a forced dictatorship right now and no one seems to know what to do about it.

Impeach the bastard simple solution. it's just the powers that be don't want to make the change.

op should take a stand.

They are legal until congress or the courts say otherwise.

that's right! The chief executive's job is to execute the laws passed by congress deemed constitutional by the ussc. He doesn't need to get bogged down with constitutional dogma. In executing the law i would think he'd be allowed room to adjust, tweak, and manipulate it as new information or data is analyzed and reported to him.

no

31 Changes to ObamaCare?So Far | Galen Institute

1. Congressional opt-out (September 30, 2013)
2. Delaying the individual mandate (October 23, 2013)
3. Employer-mandate delay (July 2, 2013)
4. Self-attestation (July 15, 2013)
5. Small businesses on hold (March 11, 2013)
6. Closing the high-risk pool (February 15, 2013)
7. Medicare Advantage patch (April 19, 2011)
8. Employee reporting (January 1, 2012)
9. Doubling allowed deductibles (February 20, 2013)
10. Delaying a low-income plan (March 22, 2013)
11. Insurance companies may offer canceled plans (November 14, 2013)
12. Delaying the online SHOP exchange (November 27, 2013)
13. Extending Preexisting Condition Insurance Plan(December 12, 2013)
14. Expanding catastrophic hardship waiver (December 19, 2013)

I won't weigh in on the Constitutionality of those changes.

However, we really can't consider the ACA to be legally enforced because it has been changed so much since it became a law.

Betsy McCaughey to Mark Levin: “What the president is imposing on us today is NOT the Affordable Care Act”

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM in Politics | 66 Comments
By The Right Scoop

***VIDEO FIXED***

Betsy McCaughey made a great point tonight in an interview with Mark Levin, noting that the Affordable Care Act that was passed by Congress, signed by Obama and upheld by the Supreme Court is not the same law that Obama is currently imposing on the American people. McCaughey says that with all the changes Obama has made to ACA, it is now nothing more than a ‘distorted little piece of the Affordable Care Act’ and says it doesn’t have the status of law because it’s not what they passed:

Betsy McCaughey to Mark Levin: ?What the president is imposing on us today is NOT the Affordable Care Act? » The Right Scoop -

The only time a president is authorized the use of an executive order is during an emergency.
Fixing a law does not warrant an emergency.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS

In times of emergency, the president can override congress and issue executive orders with almost limitless power. Abraham Lincoln used an executive order in order to fight the Civil War, Woodrow Wilson issued one in order to arm the United States just before it entered World War I, and Franklin Roosevelt approved Japanese internment camps during World War II with an executive order. Many other executive orders are on file and could be enacted at any time.

Executive power | LII / Legal Information Institute

OP should take a stand.

Wrong!

A law prohibiting an act makes the act illegal.

The suspect is assumed innocent until the case is adjudicated, you imbecile.

Forum List

Back