Are Obamas 14 Changes to Obamacare Constitutional?

Are Obamas 14 Changes to Obamacare Constitutional?

• Most of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half of them

• Some of them

• None of them

• Total voters
The only time a president is authorized the use of an executive order is during an emergency.
Fixing a law does not warrant an emergency.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS

In times of emergency, the president can override congress and issue executive orders with almost limitless power. Abraham Lincoln used an executive order in order to fight the Civil War, Woodrow Wilson issued one in order to arm the United States just before it entered World War I, and Franklin Roosevelt approved Japanese internment camps during World War II with an executive order. Many other executive orders are on file and could be enacted at any time.

Executive power | LII / Legal Information Institute

Too answer starkey question read this^^^^^^^^

31 Changes to ObamaCare?So Far | Galen Institute

1. Congressional opt-out (September 30, 2013)
2. Delaying the individual mandate (October 23, 2013)
3. Employer-mandate delay (July 2, 2013)
4. Self-attestation (July 15, 2013)
5. Small businesses on hold (March 11, 2013)
6. Closing the high-risk pool (February 15, 2013)
7. Medicare Advantage patch (April 19, 2011)
8. Employee reporting (January 1, 2012)
9. Doubling allowed deductibles (February 20, 2013)
10. Delaying a low-income plan (March 22, 2013)
11. Insurance companies may offer canceled plans (November 14, 2013)
12. Delaying the online SHOP exchange (November 27, 2013)
13. Extending Preexisting Condition Insurance Plan(December 12, 2013)
14. Expanding catastrophic hardship waiver (December 19, 2013)

Now that it's enacted the shit can hit the fan...:muahaha:

I am aware of the desperation that defines right-wing political strategy now days. This op reflects that desperation by distortion.

The 14 points mentioned in the op emanate from a televised broadcast taking place way back in September, 2013. US rep Tom Graves announced succinctly that Obama had amended, delayed or repealed 19 components of his own law! That was a lie!

Indeed, the ACA has been modified or delayed 19 times, not 14; but, it was congress, NOT Obama, that made 14 of those adjustments. The White house made 5.

Obama is no fool! He is a cautious President and is not likely to make rash or impetuous decisions that would even give the appearance of usurping power from Congress in a non-emergency political clime Those 5 tweaks he made were probably made with some sort of deal or congressional approval.

http://http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/sep/25/tom-graves/rep-graves-says-obama-has-changed-aca-19-times/

No. Our Smartest President Ever Constitutional Professor Community Organizer doesn't practice the Rule of Law...he prefers the Whim of The Won-Mob-Thug.

No. Our Smartest President Ever Constitutional Professor Community Organizer doesn't practice the Rule of Law...he prefers the Whim of The Won-Mob-Thug.

That's because Obama wants to 'rule', not govern.

-Geaux

I am aware of the desperation that defines right-wing political strategy now days. This op reflects that desperation by distortion.

The 14 points mentioned in the op emanate from a televised broadcast taking place way back in September, 2013. US rep Tom Graves announced succinctly that Obama had amended, delayed or repealed 19 components of his own law! That was a lie!

Indeed, the ACA has been modified or delayed 19 times, not 14; but, it was congress, NOT Obama, that made 14 of those adjustments. The White house made 5.

Obama is no fool! He is a cautious President and is not likely to make rash or impetuous decisions that would even give the appearance of usurping power from Congress in a non-emergency political clime Those 5 tweaks he made were probably made with some sort of deal or congressional approval.

http://http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/sep/25/tom-graves/rep-graves-says-obama-has-changed-aca-19-times/
OK we'll go with that the 5 changes obama did are illegal he can't do it.

OP fail because no one demonstrates that Obama is doing anything illegal.

The OP of this thread should demonstrate that Obama is doing something illegal?

Side note: OLDFART if you come across this thread remember what you told me about biasing the op so as to elect a response in my favor. If I take no position in the OP I get people like JakeStarkey here.

op should take a stand.

They are legal until congress or the courts say otherwise.

that's right! The chief executive's job is to execute the laws passed by congress deemed constitutional by the ussc. He doesn't need to get bogged down with constitutional dogma. In executing the law i would think he'd be allowed room to adjust, tweak, and manipulate it as new information or data is analyzed and reported to him.
no
Yup.

OP fail because no one demonstrates that Obama is doing anything illegal.

The OP of this thread should demonstrate that Obama is doing something illegal?

Side note: OLDFART if you come across this thread remember what you told me about biasing the op so as to elect a response in my favor. If I take no position in the OP I get people like JakeStarkey here.

You get thinking folks like me to uncover your agenda.

Son, the law is legal because it was passed by Congress and opined so by SCOTUS.

Such will have to happen again to find Obama's actions unlawful.

Won't happen.

that's right! The chief executive's job is to execute the laws passed by congress deemed constitutional by the ussc. He doesn't need to get bogged down with constitutional dogma. In executing the law i would think he'd be allowed room to adjust, tweak, and manipulate it as new information or data is analyzed and reported to him.
no
Yup.

No
The only time a president is authorized the use of an executive order is during an emergency.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS

In times of emergency, the president can override congress and issue executive orders with almost limitless power. Abraham Lincoln used an executive order in order to fight the Civil War, Woodrow Wilson issued one in order to arm the United States just before it entered World War I, and Franklin Roosevelt approved Japanese internment camps during World War II with an executive order. Many other executive orders are on file and could be enacted at any time.

If Obama was White he would of been impeached already and likely thrown out of office.

-Geaux

No

EXECUTIVE ORDERS

No one, except you, has said or insinuated that Obama used an executive order to delay, tweak or otherwise adjust portions of the ACA 5 times. The ultimate goals and spirit of the law were not changed by any of the adjustments made by Congress or the White House. Therefore, any minor adjustments made to attain success is OK IMHO. That is probably why SCOTUS has not acted on the public regurgitations of frustrated right wing liars.

BTW, if you have links please show us when Obama used an Executive Order to change the ACA! I'd be happy to review those Orders to determine how Congess managed to let such Orders slip through without protest!

No

No one, except you, has said or insinuated that Obama used an executive order to delay, tweak or otherwise adjust portions of the ACA 5 times. The ultimate goals and spirit of the law were not changed by any of the adjustments made by Congress or the White House. Therefore, any minor adjustments made to attain success is OK IMHO. That is probably why SCOTUS has not acted on the public regurgitations of frustrated right wing liars.

BTW, if you have links please show us when Obama used an Executive Order to change the ACA! I'd be happy to review those Orders to determine how Congess managed to let such Orders slip through without protest!
You were saying?

If/when impeachment comes I hope Congress will have studied the North Korean approach to sanctions.

Forum List

Back